4x4 DWC 2 - 450w led (USING COCO FOR NOW)

Hypothetically (I’m in CR). How about somehting like this: ( CAPS EDITED ON 4/16 @ 10.24pm, MT)

4x4x8 Secret Jardin
2 - 450w led lights Viparspectra
2 - 6 Inch 440 CFM intake and exhaust (carbon filter here) (JUST ONE FOR PASSIVE INTAKE)
4 - 5 gallon buckets with rockwool 6" DIY (NOT ANYMORE GOING WITH COCO INSTEAD, FOR NOW…)
Air pump 20w - 45L/min with 6 outlets Active Aqua (N/A)
BC Grow, BC Bloom, BC Boost (COCO NUTRIENTS NOW!)
Green Pad Co2 Generator Rug
Oscilating 6" fan inside
4x4 trellis net
2 nycd - 1 girl scout cookies - 1 mangolicious (four plants) (GONNA GET STARTED WITH “Mangolicious” FEM ONLY)

Whatcha think i should get out of this once harvest comes…?

2 Likes

Hello MadScientists, It’s nice to see all of your excitement. You should do well. You could pull a lot out of a four by four by eight. With that amount of light on a good run maybe a pound. LED depends on quality of light diodes and such. I know nothing of Viparspectra. That is also assuming no pauses due to heat, feeding, or pest issues. I will enjoy seeing your progress, and hope all goes as planned.

1 Like

I’m ordering everything thru Amazon with the help of a friend, so my name never shows and then once i have all the equipment i’ll post pics… First time doing a DWC but i dunno if adding a reservoir to change the water os something, because how do you lift the plant with the net on top to change water in each bucket???

This might help.

Absolutely, thanks man will do. @ryasco, you rock my man! I promise to send you seeds of whatever F1 I create, probably by the end of the year but yeah man!

Isn’t this the vintage version of the DWC Bucket tutorial from the 2001? I think i’ve seen it before, real nice setup. I have to study more, i see people make it auto with the floating valve, hmmm dunno how to do that!

Your too kind, anytime you have any questions i will try to help. Feel free to message me also. There are others on this sight with much more knowledge of Hydro and Led. I use almost exclusively soil. I like getting my hands dirty. Ha! Ha!

1 Like

Yes, it says original OverGrow version. Cool huh!

HAHAHAHA. At this point anybody knows more than me about what i’m to do; but still will do it, nothing should go wrong, i thought of changing every bucket with new solution one by one, but with an automated reservoir would be a dream!

The only reason i’m gonna grow really is to make some “moonrocks” i haven’t been able to sleep since i found out they exist… Never had them, sob sob!

You mean the small buds rolled in oil then kief? I have smoked a few different ones. We have a delivery service hear that sells them. It is a good way to sell smaller buds. They are fun. Knock you on your ass of course.

1 Like

YES. Thats the only thing i want, Moonrocks!!!

Well in three or four months you might have them. Ha! Ha! To bad you live in the dark parts of the world where prohibition is still being enforced by thugs and criminals. (the government)

Then you could just walk in a market and buy them.

Tell me about it, my wife haven’t said yes, we got two little kids and she worries. I’m getting all the equipment and when she sees the setup, i know she will even help. HAHA.

Ahh! Famous last words, what are the chances she throws a frying pan at your head.

Well she threatened me to call the costarican DEA on me! For starters, but i got her to laugh a few times about it and i know that when she sees all the gear arrive, then and only then i will know… F**k Murphy man, this is getting done, and it’s gonna be incredibly good, not only the final product but the experience altogether. CHEERS!

1 Like

I’ll be thinking good thoughts for you brother. Surely she will be onboard. :wink::grin:

1 Like

Just avoid cheap Secret Jardin serie called Dark Street, that is literally not shine through proof (and from very cheap material)… Only use proper one - Dark Room serie.

Do you plan interconnected bubblers with “controller” bucket?

1 Like

I’m thinking about it. I live near the beach and the temp is ussually around 86-90 in the day, and 75-85 at night, so i’m worried the tent is gonna get super hot and the water too… What would you say @LemonadeJoe? The tent is this: Secret Jardin DarkRoom II Pro 120 - 48 x 48 x 80 Inches.

Hey everyone, i’m about to do some shopping for the grow tent, I decided to go with coco instead of DWC for the time being i Just wanna have some good bud. I have a question.

Do i need one or two duct fans to move the air in the 4x4 tent?

PS.: Will have two 450w leds.