4x2 perpetual grow veg tent setup and options

I’d like to start perpetual growing and am looking for a 4x2 preferably for mom/clone/seed setup to accompany my 4x4 flower tent. Hoping that size is fesable.
Living in an apartment, safety is a huge concern when it comes to lights. This tent will be in a separate room from my flower room.
Can anyone link to some options on lights, T5 leds or Q boards or others I’m missing.
So many options it’s getting overwhelming
Price isn’t to much of an option, but nothing to crazy. It’s just a veg tent.
Thanks for helping me, GROW DEM BEANS! :seedling:

7 Likes

Sounds like a good plan.

For lights I personally would go with two separate lights approximately 100 watts each. Since you will be using it as a mother/clone/seed tent it would be beneficial to be able to have two lights at different heights.

You could get one 200ish watt light to light the whole 2’x4’ but then you will have tall mother plants on one side and short clones and seedlings on the other side. So you would have to put a shelf or something to set your short plants on. With two lights you could have one light at a lower height to be close to the short plants and all the plants will be on the floor of the tent.

I have been using the Marshydro lights lately. Two TS600 would fit nicely in a 2x4. Or two TS1000 if you want the dimmable feature.

5 Likes

I’d definitely go with 2 lights, bar style, if you can swing it. Not sure brand matters all that much for this purpose, I’d probably buy cheap ones off Amazon to be honest.

I run the same size tents as you are proposing. I make it work, but if I had my druthers I wish the veg tent was much bigger. And I don’t keep mothers, which would further complicate my situation. But we got to do what we can. Good luck.

3 Likes

Perfect. Thanks @Uprangewilly
I was going stir cray.
Time to go shopping.
:seedling:

2 Likes

Yeah, stuck with space restraints in apartment living unfortunately.
Thx. Definitely gonna make it work :+1:

2 Likes

Check this out!
I picked up a couple when they had a sale like this a few months back. You have to do separate orders though. :wink:

3 Likes

Well 6 months and finally pulled the trigger.
How’s she look?
Cheapie 2x4 tent, viparspectra 1500xp pro, 6 2’ barnia LED’s.
AC infinity 69 pro 4" coming tomorrow.
I need to find a hose for the humidifier to be run outside the tent for more room…
Do you think I’ll be able to keep a couple of moms on the shelves?
Any advice always welcome

3 Likes

Nice, I’m assuming your in non legal land like me?
I don’t see a scrubber.

I live on 700 acer, my yard is 1.5 acer.
Smell for me is not an issue unless I run
A truly stinky strain.
I use no scrubbing because I can get away with it.
It’s not possible to walk up to my house
Unless one wants to die from multiple
Dog attacks.

If your not secured smell wise I definitely take care of that, as I can’t see an inline ?in your pic.

Happy 420 @LzBoy ! Great update and looking forward to seeing it all put together and happy plants getting the most out of it. Talk about buried threads! :sweat_smile:
How much workable headroom do you got in there? How much on the shelves? I don’t have experience keeping a mother, but that looks like a good set up for clones from any I’ve seen
Might be able to MacGyver a flexhose onto that Huey, but watch out for back flow from build up. Even gen 1 ACI humidifiers had problems with that I’d heard, and I’ve been hesitant to use a hose. Your mileage may vary. I know square meters is precious.
I’ll be keeping an eye over here!
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

1 Like

Haha I know right?
I’ll probably be starting a journal as soon as I get it Finnished…
Ya. The tent not as tall as I would like… Nothing on the top shelf.
ACI is on route. But I’m stuck at work on 420.
Have a great day :seedling:

1 Like