6" phresh carbon filter connecting to 6" duct hose

Redoing my 4x4, and trying like crazy to get the 6" exhaust hose over the end of the 6" phresh filter, but they are the exact same size.
so it’s not going over the lip of the filter, and I can’t put a duct clamp around it.
No problem at the fan side, it’s stepped, so clamp works great.
Anyone have any suggestions?
I did duct tape the hell out of it the first time I set it up. But that’s a pain to do, and to remove.
Appreciate ya :pray:

4 Likes

I think that you’ll need a coupler.
Or, maybe try HVAC tape?
(Fyi, that will be even harder to remove I bet)

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty dumb ass engineering imo.
I’m not sitting the fan right on top, it hangs horizontal at the top.
Ah well, thx.
Duct tape the eff outa it, it is. :hot_face:

3 Likes

Just get the right OD and you can get a coupler at a plumbing or almost any hardware store.

3 Likes

1 problem, started some seeds not thinking the would explode so quickly… 1st world grow problems.
Was drying in the tent, moved all that to lotus dry cure in the fridge.
It’s been down to 12c at night here. Great for sleep… Not so for the little ones.
And a I have a friend coming for a week, arriving tomorrow… And he’s sleeping in the tent room. So trying to get it all done tonight.
Lolz it’s been a hectic week
Sry for the long winded reply :pray:

3 Likes

And done!

7 Likes

Lookin good

The foil tape is much better than duct tape in the grow room
Duct tape continually has to be refirmed for a tight seal every month or so
Where as foil tape only refirmed the once extra after a month and good to go

For stealth perposes risk of leaks is a no no
Foil tape when doubled or trippled creates a very sturdy connection ( solid kind of )

I use this for my oil filled rad ( 600w or lower )

With that I can place probe anywhere so better than probe inside oil rad
Also because it’s dimming no longer does temp fluctuate ie rad clicks on and off , with this rad just dims keeping temp at constant degree

Plants like steady consistent so no adjusting

Buy secondhand to save money as they reliable and well made

: )

6 Likes

Good trick with tape for easy release is to put the first wrap on with the sticky side out and then wrap it with the sticky side down. This keeps it from sticking to the duct and does not make for a messy removal.

5 Likes

Thanks fellas, good to know about the foil tape @ifish , and the reverse wrap technique @OhNo555
I’ve got inkbirds set up, and linghs are on during the night. Keeping it in temp range.
The oil heaters gonna be more for the winter months

3 Likes