Stripped down and rebuild. Im Back!

Hi guys,
i stripped my whole room down, reset up the tents, wiring plumbing and all sorts. Here are some pics. I have 2 RDWC systems in a 10x10x11 Gorilla and DWC buckets 13Gal & 35Gal Buckets for messin around with (R&D), lol

20 Likes

:heart_eyes: now that’s what I call a grow room :+1:

2 Likes

Looking good, nice setup!

1 Like

Welcome back, and how.

Really clean looking set-up.

:thumbsup:

2 Likes

Thank you all.

My current challenge is the heat generated by 2 chillers.

The 2 Epicenters and chillers are located immediately outside the tent to the right (last image). I have 2 13Gal Res tanks that drip feed the epicenters located on a shelf that lies on top of the Epies and chillers.

On the other side of the wall facing us, is where I have

1. Room exhaust going through the wall.
  2. 2 65Gal tanks that hold enough water in case I need to change system in a hurry.
  3. Hepa filter with 10 fan blowing fresh air into the room ( it is a year old and it is a little , a lot, clogged) ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CLEAN A HEPA FILTER? lol
  4. storage of all kinds of other supplies etc…

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I thought that if I moved the chillers and water pumps to where that air duct is on the other side, I would eliminate at least 15F of heat that I dont need right now, summer is only starting( here in Southern Africa) and its too late to install and AC as its a stealth grow, JUST ME !

I asked Ccurrent Culture what is the maximum allowed distance but they havent replied in 3 days and today has been HOT ! Leaf temp on top leaves is 88F with 60RH.

Its pissing me off, lol

1 Like

88F is okay for canopy temp, not ideal but I would not worry too much.
Maybe try and increase air movement, and see if you can’t lower the temp a little that way.

What is your water temps like?
If you can keep your rootzone/water around 65-68 F, I would not stress too much about it.
If it’s a temp summer issue

ohmy…
As a former Brazilian citzen (Rio to be exact) I had all my first grows under heat.
What is your question about the maximum allowed distance ? Between the water cooler and the system ? If is this that depends entirelly on the pump, distance and your cooler rating. What are the pump and cooler that you are using right now ?
Insulation on the hoses also help a good deal, and, if you are inclined to, on the pipes would not hurt too.

Killer system, lets grow trees !!

My water is 68/69. They seem fine but a few stalks ( acouple) are slouching, and summer is just begining. Outside day temps are 28C to 30C. It drops to 18/20 at night.

I have 4 big fans going already 2 on the ground and 2 in opposite corners.

I dont have a pare HEPA filter, If I could clean the one I have, I could dramaticaly decrease the temps with fresh air at night time. ANY ideas?

1 Like

The HEPA depends. Some are lavable, others not.

Tio: Use also a large particle filter before the HEPA to go easier.

I just got ( 3 weeks ago) 2 X 8000L digital controlled pumps. I have them running at 40% of total power, its amazing that they only use 27Watts at this speed.

Each system has 100Gal in circulalation, the chillers are 1/4Hp rated for 120Gal to 250Gal.

i think I would only need to move one of them, I think they work longer because room is hot and they add even more heat because of working so hard, lol

Thanks fro your encouragement. I have only been growing one year but I am a 50 year old NERD, hahhaha

1 Like

thanks, I dont think its the same thing. For one, my HEPA is charcoal filter. The manual says nothing about cleaning or washing but it does say, it can not work in areas with RH over 80, So if I wash it it will be completely soaked.

1 Like

We have about the same age :blush:
For the HEPA, I recomend the “non lavable” procedure at the link that I’ve sent (as you are not sure if they are lavable).

The idea to move the cooler(s) looks good, will help the heat exchange and as a bonus will add less heat to your room.
As you have pumps that can be pushed harder no problem. Insulate the tubing, the insulation used for cooper hot water pipes (look like some foam) work well on hoses and are normally easy to find.

Yeah if possible, move the water chillers to a different room.
Drill a hole in the wall, and insulate the tubes with foam.
To keep it as cool as possible, that should not be an issue.

Given you have that option

I like Method 3, “VACUME the filter” thats really funny considering the How To is for a vacume cleaner hahahah

Thanks Bro.
Thats exactly what Im going to do this weekend. Ill move the one closest to the wall and see. shouldnt be more than an extra 3meters.

STILL no reply from Current Culture, lol

These are this morning. I have been struggling to upload my pics as they are too big.

So my 2 options are to chop some of the top of the big ones and wait for the little ones to catch up, or just flip into flower next week and see what happens. The 2 batches are 1 month apart from germination. I really dont want to be harvesting during Xmas.

1 Like

Add something like this pipe insulation, to both hozes and you should not have any issues.

2 Likes

I went looking for some today but they have only 1/4" and I need 3/4", lol I have insulation sheets that Ill cut and roll around the hoses. Cheers

2 Likes

UPDATE !

So I didnt wait till the weekend, I drilled 3 x 22mm holes (2 hoses, 1 electrical). I moved the chiller to the next room, then the water pump, the speed controler panel stays in the grow room. System was down for 1 hour and water temps rose from 68 to 72. So far no leaks ill wait a couple of hours then shorten the hoses and insulate. The pump is handling well but its on 100% speed. I hope the cool night air will brings temps down. I took the clogged HEPA filter off and put a towel in its place (just for tonight, lol). I hope moving just one chiller will do the job. The second chiller would be 12feet away and I think thats too long.

1 Like