A big bears grows and tribulations

Maybe I’m just lucky, but I have never had a facebook, twitter, RIU, IG or other social media account.

Planted here like a Sativa!

4 Likes

I believe I have two or fewer weeks to go on everything so I’m looking to start some seeds
For our next seed run.
I’m planning on putting 4 female plants in 7gallon buckets in the tent.
Chem star, copper chem, grand daddy purps and dark heart nursery’s Sour Diesel
Males will be picked from chem star, purple starburst, and my strain in progress, rolling coal.
I may need help this winter distributing these if all goes well. I will likely be purchasing a seed separator for this run.

3 Likes

Pleasant to follow the evolution and the tricky efforts to maintain it, with homemade seeds in mind. I’ve appreciated the ride.
Best vibes for the next adventures.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the likes on my modest endeavors!
Good hunting!

4 Likes

Woah look at all those buds, there huge! incredible work! :clap:

2 Likes

So here we are at week eight.
Now mind you, that’s eight weeks from flip to 12/12
Technically they started budding a bit on week six and seven of veg.
I know I’ve a bit longer to wait but here we are so far. I hope the pix are decent enough to judge.

15 Likes

I’d like to eventually start a legal local nursery/seed store with all kinds of plants and seeds (both cannabis and veggie/ornamental)
My goal some day is to resurrect and preserve the strains that were popular in the eighties and 90s by Taking clone onlies or rare seed and cross to closely related hybrids then back cross to preserve if needed
So I’m looking for
green crack
Chronic
Trainwreck
White widow (black widow?)
Black domina (grow-legal.com has?)
Jack herrer
Northern lights
La confidential
Cinderella 99 (does grow-legal.com Diana 75 count?)

I had to take inventory to figure out what’s missing.
My collection is modest compared to most I’ve seen.
And i need to make seeds with all of these anyway.
(Not being a braggart I have shared some and will share all of these At some point via g2 g3etc ) if I turn down free seeds please don’t be offended because I believe others need the chance to build collections too.

ak47, pre 2000 and modern. (They’re the same confirmed on current grow)
chemdog, (d heavy stardawg mutt, 4 heavy stardawg mutt, 91 skva, and stardawg)
Maui wowie,
Kona gold
god bud,
grand daddy purps(thanks to 99),
ice,
mk ultra
Vortex
Jack the ripper
The void,
Old time moonshine
Pure power plant
Shit
Grizzly kush
Gorrilla grape
Purple star burst
Bubba hotep
Cherry bomb
Chronic x northern lights
Alaskan thunderf#ck
Sunshine daydream
Killing fields
Green manalishi
Sour bobby
Chem star
91 chem#12( onycd diesel)
Afro jam
Diesel moonshine
Diesel moonshine x onycd diesel (not Soma big thanks to kalgrae)
Killing fields x jack the ripper
Killing fields x black Lebanon
African buzz
Black Lebanon fem
Ketama
Sinai
Kona gold
Chitrali
Diana 75
Durban Poison from Dutch passion
All of Greenpoint seeds up to 2018 stardawg hybrids
Confirmed Mexican origin bagseed pre 2000 vintage (sourced in Durango Colorado very black pepper skunky)
Confirmed Canadian orgin bagseed pre 2000 vintage (sourced in Grand forks North Dakota very piney and roses)
Columbian black
Copper chem f4
my diesel, (combined sofar oncyd/ 91 chem#12)from top dawg, sour d from Cali connection, sour d AJ clone.)

Veggie wise I have nearly every heirloom variety from Baker Creek heirloom seeds and everything from Dad and grandma lol.

9 Likes

Well unfortunately we have an early harvest.

We’ve been working all morning. The only infected plant is Greenpoint seeds black gold(a discontinued line)
We are on the bleeding edge of nine weeks and there’s a bit of Amber in all of em, just not as much as I’d like.
I also know they would have put on weight for another week before total seneciense.
My better half with her OCD is picking through the black gold with a psychotic fine tooth comb.
It will be a good haul but I’ve lost one of the largest bear clawed sized prize buds.
No chances taken all are cut and disinfection of the tents has begun. Oh well !!! Seed runs will start a couple weeks early.

5 Likes

Good news is the immortal gdp is ready for up pot and 18 hrs light
I’m having some issues with the others that 99 sent but they’ll be cracking in no time

11 Likes

Next gen started.
This one is mostly for OG and I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
Purple starburst/GDP(?)
Chem star/ copper
I was recently informed that topdawgs inner eye has some great terp profiles so I’m going to grow a few and see if it’s worth adding to the diesel Hodge podge before line work begins.
The last time I ran it, it was all males out of 5 so here’s the other 5

Pictures will be sparse now as the seedlings take root.
This is the boring part aside from drying and curing my last run.

10 Likes

I stand at the ready brother @Morgwar to help you with those seeds! Sounds phenomenal. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Hey brother @Morgwar. Just wanted to tell you my Chemdog is at day 64. Due to the heat it’s not growing so I will chop her tomorrow. Tonight I snipped a lower bud, dried it and smoked it for a preview. It is excellent! Even with a quick dry I took 3 hits off a joint and laid that bad boy down! Fine, fine herb. You should be proud. I’m as stoned as a lab monkey! Much love. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Chatting with some brothers you know on discord. We’re your ears burning?

3 Likes

Much Much appreciated friend!!!
Feed back like that pushes me to work harder and expand.
Sometimes you get a keeper plant to clone, but I found one in seed form.
I’ll keep sharing!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hope you guys all have a good day and smoke a doobie.
Cheers

3 Likes

Same to you man!
Ive been over on your second grow feed and you’ve got some nice crosses.
I wish I could do outdoor but it may be a few years

3 Likes

Thanks and I wouldn’t of had anything if it wasn’t for the people of og❤

3 Likes

Dry time seven days at an average of 50%rh and 74deg f
Stems at day 7crack on most of it and snap on ak47 (slightly over dry)
I Hang dry with no trim, then dry trim and jar.
Together the two ak 47 plants produced 1.8 oz
They were unfairly overshadowed by the chem variants but show excellent trich coverage and a skunky pepper nose. I’ll have to watch my heat and crowding next time through as the buds on these we’re a bit wispy

Copper chem came in at 2.5 ounces by herself with nice dense near fist size buds and a perfect nose of mothballs and carnations.

Black gold lost half it’s weight to dilligent disposal of bud rot but likely because it had the largest colas and the biggest producer.
It’s nose so far is Windex and rotted meat
Despite the loss we still get a solid 2.7 oz!

My work in progress diesel is weighed out at 3.1 oz
And has a nice tight bud formation with a sulfury burnt matchstick and sweet kerosene note.

Chem star came in at 1.5 oz doing the golf ball and marble thing the chem d is known for. Not a huge producer but a flavorfull puff with a solid dorritos/dirty gym sock stank.
Also despite slightly early harvest it provides a solid couch locking effect.

Last but not least is garlix at 2.3 oz
I’ve scrapped previous grows of this creature but I’m glad I stuck with this one. A solid garlic pepper expression, total couch lock and savory Cavendish type flavor have rewarded my patience without a doubt

Despite lollipoping the crap out of em I end up with a solid 2oz of larf and hash fodder

Total a and b quality bud 13.9 oz dry
Larf 2.0 oz dry
Lost to mold 1to 1.5 oz dry

Lessons learned:
1.there is a point of diminishing returns in a 3x3 tent
2. 7 plants will produce as much as 5 or even two due to crowding regardless of method under the same amount of light.
3. Gigantic buds =mold, regardless of environmental controls
4. Megacrop can produce as well or better than standard supersoil
Finally the new generation has made their way to the surface and a new games afoot.

Good hunting all!!!

15 Likes

Excellent results @Morgwar. Your Copper Chem looks breathtaking and your description…shit man it’s all stellar. Much Respect and Love brother! You sir are a true craftsman and an inspiration. You get the concept of Craft Cannabis and are a role model. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes