A big bears grows and tribulations

was thinking that baseplate was a left-over DIY timing plate from some engine project…

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Well I’m looking at these lovely ladies and I’m thinking.
though I am having to buy commercial stuff I’d like to make seeds too.

I’ve got my clones of my clones started and in soil so I decided to pop some seeds and look for a male.
I’ve planted 4 of the last 6 of my original top dawg chem 91#12 stock chem91bx2 x onycd#12.
4 of my last 6 Dynamite diesel (stardawg x ecsd)
And 4 of my diesel
The best male of the six will get to pollinate one or all of the clone moms depending on my isolation skills lol.

15 Likes

Have you gotten a sour leaning pheno from the dynamite diesel? Curious if those are more ECSD leaning or stardawg leaning.

4 Likes

Of My original six I had two males and 4 females
The females all leaned heavy if not completely ecsd in terps and buzz. The stardawg showed up in the structure mostly as they were a bit more leafy and tighter nodes.

5 Likes

Sounds like a dankster party my man!

5 Likes

That’s great!! :+1::raised_hands:

I’ve always loved SD. A few times in my life, I’ve had some really pungent sour versions of it… bought a pack of these, hoping I could find some killer phenos to preserve in my collection. Wasn’t sure if I’d need to get a SD clone to cross back into, but it sounds like I can just roll with these.

5 Likes

Noice, I’ll be following this one.

3 Likes

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with Dynamite though I’d like to do the backcross to sd just to have a strong seed version to play with and refine.
The stardawg isn’t very far off from SD in the dog family.

1 Like

Here we go again.

I have two of these I’m working on at 360 watts each.
The single 55w cobs are working out well with the new CPU fan bringing temps down to 75f on the flat behind the cob chip. The eBay lenses are 120° and disperse well. These are the satellites to hit the dark edges left by the big reds

I’m done with mock up and should have some photos of the final draft.
Each red light will put out a combined spectrum of 3000k and 3500k at 360w and will have 4 55w 3500/3000k satellites.
Just over 1kw of cob led total

12 Likes

Did you build the “red box” or is there a link. Looks like those singles are going to work well. Hope you’re well too! Love and respect
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Ah yes! The red box is this one

it’s one of many on Amazon like it. I had built one way back when and it was stolen.
Basically have to order some citizen chips off of eBay or some bridgelux Vero 18s crack the case open and swap the chips.
Minor soldering involved.
I’ll put together a shopping list and tools in a bit.

Your grow is looking frosty over there at the shack!
These storms rolling through have got the arthritis acting up, but as you say “onward”’ lol
Good hunting brother.

7 Likes

Do you think a single big-ass extractor fan would work? (hypothetical) i’m fairly sure you wouldn’t want to hear one or buy or mount one. :smile:

I have a SilenX case fan circulating air my closet & it’s pretty good for the price but have my doubts about lifespan running 24hrs/day in a humid environment. It’s also mounted at an angle that no PC ever operates at so I wonder about the bearings & design.

…have also pondered :smoking: :sparkles: different ways to make the typical heat-sink better… surface-textures, micro-pores, etc. :blush:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Is this an in and out swap or is there some modification involved. I am as inept at these things as a goat with a wristwatch! Thanks my friend. I looked it up. What coverage does it have. I read in one review that it would only cover 3X3. Apparently everyone does this chip swap after buying one.

4 Likes

The cobs don’t always fit to the same screw holes in the heat sink, so some small self tapping machine screws will get past that or I just use thermal adhesive and glue em on.
The rest just falls together, when you get it apart it will surprise you how simple they are.

3 Likes

If it’s a tent I’ve had problems with the walls sucking inward lol but if the outside air is fairly cool it probably wouldn’t have to be too powerful.

2 Likes

Brilliant! Now that’s oleskool! Love and Happiness

2 Likes

Oh hey if it’s set high enough @6.5 ft it will cover a 4x4 but mostly a super saturated 3x3

5 Likes

gardens looking really nice … i’m also running some topdawg atm … popped 4 stardawg beans to check them out, will be interesting to compare them to your dynamite diesels

2 Likes

Well for some reason I’m only pulling 630 watts total between lights, and with the one on the left I was 1 clou 48 cob short so I just left the Chinese one in for now.
The new tent is 3’x5’ so that puts me around 40 watts per sqft.
Efficiency is a complete unknown but I like the output thus far.

The individual " shadow buster" 50watt lights are on hold until I determine if its overkill in this tent.

I keep meaning to put these girls in flower but I’ve got buddies snatching up all my clones.
Were are officially in flower now 1 week.

The dynamite diesel and 91 chem 12 f1s were the only ones to sprout at 2 each which tells me my seed inventory is aging despite counter measures. I’m hoping for all males.
I only have 2 more 91chem 12 seeds left in the original pack but I’ll pop them if I have too.

In fact I’ll pop them today. My first f2s and my 91chem 12 x cali con sourdough x sour-d have small immature seeds so it may be good to start over with a simple cross of 91chem 12 and dark heart sour d clone
Admittedly some of the plants grown by friends of the 91chem12 x caliconn sour-d x dark heart sour-d had sprouted a ball or two and I think the calli connection genes are the culprit, since none of the other crosses had that issue.
So I’m starting all over with my favorite 91chem12 x crossed to a time tested and stanky strong dark heart sour-d.
So we have a 3x3 veg tent. And a 3 x 5 flower tent.
After I get my harvest from these dark heart nursery blue dreams and sour diesel’s the real fun begins.

15 Likes

is it the far left COB in the back??? looks a little ‘dull’ compared to the rest :smiley: tents looking nice and full

3 Likes