A couple weeks at the lake with Doug

Thanks @Cratix and @MarijuanaEnthusiast . Hey @MyrtleGrounds , glad to have you along. Could not come to my favorite place without inviting OG. Going to be fun.

2 Likes

Holy damn that looks idyllic. Iā€™d love to spend a few weeks there, no foolinā€™

1 Like

Installing a little screen filter just prior to the pump might be worth it. Theyā€™re ā€œdirtā€ cheap.

3 Likes

Your place is like a dream of mine, then the alarm goes off and Iā€™ve got to get up and go to workā€¦
Enjoy your stay n thanks for bringing us along.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I best remember about cottages from my youth. The ratio of work versus fun often favoured the work . . . :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Well all, no real updates today. Went and got a whole new jet pump for the cottage and it is also having issues. Been a very long day of back and forth trying to get the water problem solved. Going to call it a day and get.back at it tomorrow. Should.be some more interesting stuff.coming soon but doe now ita time for something to eat and some Maui waui. Was about to go start a fire but here comes the downpour, lol. Cottage life can sure have its share of ups and downs.

5 Likes

How deep is the well?

1 Like

Any chance the foot valve is partially blocked

1 Like

Either that or the pressure tank bladder needs a bit more air ?

3 Likes

I just put air in mine yesterday. :+1:.
Are you using the same pressure switch or did a new one come with the new pump

1 Like

Throw about 5 or 6 jalapeno slices on that bacon cheeseburger, and your in heaven! Have a nice time. That. Water looks cold!!! Small mouth bass and northern Pike fishing???

2 Likes

Pressure switches are designed to only have a 20lb difference from kick in to kick out some can be adjusted but you need to adjust both so 30/50 vs 20/40.
If you want 30/50 then the pressure in the tank should be 28 (2 pounds less than the kick in pressure)

2 Likes

Thanks all. The foot valve has been checked. I keep it in a bucket in the lake and it is good. System doesnt lose any pressure so cannot see it being a leak between pump and lake. The one thing I have not checked is the tank pressure. Off to drain the water and test, should be at 28psi on.myb30/50 system. Will see shortly. Thanks

3 Likes

Goes to the lake bud.

3 Likes

Nice! Doesnā€™t look like youā€™ll be running out soon.

Iā€™m still waiting on the address, man. Iā€™m in Colorado and itā€™s gonna take me a minute to get there, and two weeks is running out as i speak. Do I need to bring some mustard and ketchup? More buns?

Baked beans? or Baked Beanz?

4 Likes

Ok so checked the tank and it was at 20psi, pumped it up to 28 and tried again, same issue, wont get above 40psi. Foot valve checked and it is not blocked by anything. Pump came with new box for shutoff. If I shut off at 40pai and go back later it is still at 40psi so cant be leak between lake and house or I would lose pressure as it sat. Oh well, its 10:12 pm and I have been at this most of the day. Such a simple system and yet its frustrating me to no end. Figured the new pump would resolve but apparently more frustration is coming my way. Tomorrow is another day, thanks for the suggestions everyone but I need to get some food, still running on my morning coffee and getting irritable. If only I had a dam Snickers.

7 Likes

Can you adjust the pressure switch. Is it kicking out or keeps running and canā€™t get 50. If it kicks out and the switch is adjustable you should be able to accomplish what you want.
I just had a Black Triangle fatty and having a beer before going in.

13 Likes

Any chance it could be a clogged line?

1 Like

Nice bud, I just cursed a bunch and came to sit down, lol. The pressure wont get to 50 psi so no sense in adjusting. After taking my old one apart multiple times yesterday I gave up and just bought a new one figuring that would solve this yet another whole day wasted. I just dont get it. Cant be an air leak or it would lose pressure as it sits I am just at a loss as the days and hundred dollar bills I dont have keep leaving me. At this point I am just starving and angry. Got to put this aside for tonight as I will accomplish nothing while this mad. I appreciate your help bud, thanks.

4 Likes