A dark day has NOT dawned in the Medical world!

Fake News.
https://fakenewsroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Manipulte-Emotions-Meme-572x381.png

8 Likes

OK, but by doing so they are giving credence to an irresponsibly reported news story.

I think pesticide use should be an issue for another discussion.

no one believes that cannabis killed the kid

2 Likes

Salutations RickSanchez,
Salutations LegalCanada,
Salutations Scissor-Hanz,

Itā€™s OKay, i believe i should have made sure to express this idea with more clarity, by providing the larger context:

List of Acceptable Pesticides for Growing Marijuana under I-502

Ā« Only authorized pesticide products may be used. Using an unauthorized pesticide is a public safety license violation and can result in the cancellation of a producerā€™s license (see WAC 314-55-520). Ā»

Should such a rule be included into the ā€œCannabis Actā€ (and most likely 1 of the 10 CDSA modifications since Trudeau got electedā€¦) that just might announce the end for many LPs who discussed the use of BANNED pesticides, like Hydropothecary in QuĆ©bec which now announces its desire to supply kosher!!

:astonished:

Perhaps insane but not impossible if one happens to work for a greedy LP whoā€™s in search for some non-detectable synergy soup of pesticides, e.g. to perform the intended function without leaving specific easy-to-find traces. After all, with easy money falling from the sky the temptation to do so could be very real for those who thought indoors cultivation was like growing weed under the sunā€¦

Mā€™yeap, they can and they do it - iā€™ve witnessed it myself using my own eyes!

Itā€™s a risky habit to draw conclusions too promptly instead of asking relevant questions, i concur the juxtapositions are less than honest intellectually.

Personally i certainly donā€™t (assuming weā€™re talking about cannabis as it should be), which is why iā€™m not ready to dismiss the pesticide trail until that question is cleared.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

2 Likes

UPDATE

https://www.sciencealert.com/physicians-refute-us-child-death-marijuana-link

SA: The Truth Behind The ā€˜First Marijuana Overdose Deathā€™ (2017-Nov-17)

Ā« The report states that the child experienced an ā€œunstable motel-living situationā€ and the parents admitted to drug possessions, including cannabis.

ā€¦

Itā€™s not based on reality. Itā€™s based on somebody kind of jumping the gun and making a conclusion, and scientifically you canā€™t do that. Ā»

1 Like

Greetings Vaporist, i read the article, and that was meant to happen, and they are trying to measure public opinion. They are not ready to fight the silent majority, not so silent nowadays anyway. Thanks for bringing that up.

HOW IRRESPONSIBLE do you need to be as a parent to leave your medicine laying around? What if it was Prozac or Nitroglycerin to kick start the heart and the little one takes them? Disgusting.

Only bad thing about it is they will keep on tryingā€¦

2 Likes

It is a shame that mis-information is still used against people.

ā€œFAKE NEWSā€ is all around us.

Keep tokinā€™

99%

3 Likes

Just another log on the fire of the ā€œbig lieā€ about Cannabis. Iā€™ve seen the lie cultivated over 50 years. There is no such thing as a marijuana overdose or I surely would have experienced one in my 50+ years of use. Just more Reefer Madness! Cā€™mon man!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve given testimony as a medical cannabis patient many times and I like to tell the story of how I almost died from GI bleeding from non-steroidal anti-inflammatory meds (NSAIDS). I say ā€œI know that medical marijuana will never put me in the ICU, or my college roomate would have killed himself - he tried to smoke himself to death on several occasions and nothing happenedā€ :smile:

3 Likes

Salutations MadScientist,
Salutations 99PerCent,
Salutations OleSkool830,

Correct, if the bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist forces were really confident iā€™d expect theyā€™d be able to publish details about samples of the alledged source of intoxication, more precisely its THC/CBD/CBN ratios + pesticides and/or other contaminants content!! Having to wonder if theyā€™d still want to brag around should the substance happen to be from THC-centric dry flowersā€¦ My reasoning being that this would cause a boomerang effect once the readers start to realize maybe itā€™s socio-toxic 3rd-party intervention which caused the ā€œharmā€ (again), by creating an imbalance in non-legal offers artificially centered on the ā€œbuzzā€.

They did that?! If thatā€™s the case those 2 individuals are in deep water now; quite frankly iā€™ve got to wonder who would want to spare them, -IF- thatā€™s the caseā€¦

This sad story gave me more reason to wonder, actually. Maybe i should search the subject with more appropriate focus. Anyway hereā€™s a scenario iā€™ve imagined, be warned iā€™m making some wild guesses here!

Soā€¦ How bad could it have been if it hadnā€™t been caused by contaminants besides a decent nugget alone and no other external factors? What if, for example, itā€™s eventually OKay to theorize that THC-centric genetic selection may have been part of the problem - and hence that some better balanced THC/CBD/CBN ratios might have proved significantly safer in similar cases??

Wouldnā€™t this just call for more appropriate market offers associated with prices & taxation truly suitable to compete non ā€œlegalā€ cannabis? No fakingā€¦ Maybe thatā€™s the cue ā€œmedicalā€ patients waited for in order to suggest that THC-centric mari-caca can be reserved for controlled applications, but at the same time theyā€™d also use their constitutional rights to demand that a proper palette of choices should be made available when it comes to well-balanced THC/CBD/CBN varieties - assuming that would really prove safer (but i donā€™t know that).

There would be less excentric cannabis approved for ā€œrecreationalā€ selling, always with competitive price-tags and taxation if thatā€™s supposed to work - In The Name Of Children!

:expressionless:

Euhā€¦ After all, if planet Itnoc thought processes work for the enemy then why not reverse the roles once in a while!

Hoping this most hypotetical situation wonā€™t sound too provocativeā€¦ :wink:

Sometimes there still is substancial benefit to be gained even from adversity, it would be some irony of providence if there could be some truth in my suppositions as expressed above. At least a kid wouldnā€™t be dead in vain!

Something felt wrong the instant i tried to decide if raw eating could effectively lead to such outcome. Did the young child smoke it? If not then doesnā€™t a fresh dry nugget still need to be decarboxylated to have such intense effects as the article may seem to infer??

In any case this is NOT overdose by cannabis and i mean cannabis ONLY, just because nobody can believe it unless theyā€™ve been brain-washed or something!

:pensive:

Mā€™yep! Weā€™re not having the complete version for sure. An overdose is impossible by vertue of self-regulation by pregnenolone, according to this article below as i recall:

http://images.sciencedaily.com/2014/01/140102142012.jpg

[ http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140102142012.htm ]
Science Daily: Molecule Discovered That Protects Brain from Cannabis Intoxicationā€‹

One way or another i find it could be turned into a political lever capable of boosting passions, maybe in favour of the pro-cannabic side for a change.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Trying to figure out what happened is not easy when the parents are more than likely falsifying information. Anything can be dangerous in large amounts. Cilantro can lead to heavy metal poisoning if you eat too much, and the metals come from your body not the plant. The plant just mobilizes them so they can poison you. Jumping to conclusions before the facts are even known is a specialty of modern journalism. Something is missing from this picture and i am afraid no one is looking because blaming cannabis gets more ratings.

2 Likes

Locomotion in a baby 11 months is very limited he had to have access to the stash.

Keep out of reach or children, thatā€™s it.

1 Like

I must say, I am very pleased with the responses to this total crap story, from those with real world experience on this web site!!!

It is increasingly clear that consumers of cannabis have far fewer delusions and hang-ups than those who refrain.

Keep tokinā€™

99%

i donā€™t understand why CBD is illegal without prescription in north americaā€¦ itā€™s non psychoactive and freely available for purchase in europe/uk etc and has many medical benefits. it could impede or interfere with medical profits.

1 Like

CBD is legal. It is available in retail stores in Massachusetts.

Cannabis is a native, non toxic, therapeutic plant that has industrial, recreational, medical, and culinary uses. What part should rationally be banned? Our desire to control out of fear is amazing.

2 Likes

is it federally legal? prescription only in canada i believeā€¦

CBD products are sold on Amazon.com

wow so canada is the only place that requires prescription for CBD? even tho most of it is probably made from hempā€¦ damn

It is only illegal if you get caught. :grin:

3 Likes