DEA Says Marijuana Seeds Are Considered Legal Hemp

Guess this means nobody in the US needs to worry about sharing seeds!

24 Likes

My concern would be (and still is) the discovery of multiple shipments of seeds being shipped to a particular address in a state where there are no legal private grows. It’s not a stretch to imagine a postal inspector finding these seeds and notifying local law enforcement, who could then get an anti-cannabis judge, or a judge who is generally friendly to LEO (as most are) to grant a search warrant on the grounds of suspicion of cannabis cultivation. If the judge requested more evidence, it would be easy to get access to historical electricity consumption records, which is often used as a tool for identifying growers.

Bottom line - in my opinion, although the seeds might technically be legal, if you’re not a legal grower, you’d be a fool to have seeds shipped to (or from) the same address where you grow.

16 Likes

I dont think i have ever worried. Millions of packages in the mail everyday. For them to hunt down a pack of beans would be fucked. And also if they just randomly find your package in the warehouse the chances they say “hey theres probably drugs in this one” is incredibly low

4 Likes

Kind of like this without… the Safety rope.

All its going to take is a slilght breeze

But there’s still a chance…

Not trying to be pessimistic just Suggesting a Little Caution.

Some type of PO Box or similar is a cheap insurance policy…
Ya ya… I know they can still get your info but just another hurdle to put in the road…

P.S. I have sent God Knows how much :seedling: through the mail system. I am batting 100% so far. I never use my return address.

In the unlikely even one of my packages gets returned I hope that the address it goes to enjoys :seedling:

5 Likes

Anything .3% THC or under is considered “Hemp”….seeds fall under that category! :slight_smile:

Alaskagrown

5 Likes

isn’t there a company selling gummies under that premise?

3 Likes

I’m sure there is!

Currently here in AK a bunch of coffee shops are selling CBD flower under the same pretense…let’s just say it’s a grey area they are technically exploiting…

3 Likes

Nice! lol we’re not far off here in Canada, our legal edibles are limited to 10mg per PACK. Time to eat 5-10 brownies!

2 Likes

Here in AK they’ve settled at 50 Mg per pack…I feel this is extremely low as I can get 1,000 Mg “Snickers” out of let’s say…Colorado…

Big things are coming my friend…”soon” it will be Federally legal in the US…it will drop to a schedule 2 narcotic and Big Pharma will take over and the recreational market will be forever changed…not sure in a good way unfortunately!!

11 Likes

In Vancouver there are shops openly selling hallucinogenic mushrooms.

I was always terrified ordering seeds illegally with cash in an envelope from Europe to my home address.

Don’t have that problem anymore :partying_face:

7 Likes

ahaha, they’re basically like weed was here before legalization. Tons of places to grab kits, etc…

4 Likes

Exactly the same. It’s not even wink wink. Big signage and storefronts.

2 Likes

Coca leaf Cafe cracks me up, casually selling all sorts of pro-drugs

2 Likes

We have a few states now that have legalized Mushrooms…hell Oregon has legalized ALL drugs similar to Portugal….

Not sure it’s a good things as teenage homeless camps have absolutely exploded!

4 Likes

It’s a hard line to walk. Is it a criminal justice solution or a social welfare solution?

Even from a utilitarian perspective how much does keeping things illegal cost? Police time, court resources, incarceration costs, petty crime to feed addiction, etc.

I fall on the legalize everything side but i accept it’s complicated.

10 Likes

My personal feeling behind it is…

I personally do not care what you do as long as you’re not harming anyone else!!

If you want to do dope…do dope…if you like meth…go for it…just don’t allow your BS to harm anyone else!!

EDIT: The war on drugs is/was a Billion dollars industry….the drugs won!! I grew up in the 80’s and remember the DARE program all too well…

12 Likes

My state is illegal and there was a time that you could get busted with a seed or stem.
Now cops dont seem to be bothered by anything.
Hardly ever see them patrolling.
Still I get nervous

4 Likes

One of those things that kind of gets en-grained in you, still feels weird being able to walk down the street puffing a j with 0 worries

6 Likes

There are societal harms involved in these personal decisions.

A big issue here is that heroin addicts are getting fentanyl by accident and dying.

If you could get a prescription for heroin (under very rigid guidelines) that wouldn’t happen.

$2 worth of pharmaceutical grade powder would be a lot cheaper than the current associated costs.

7 Likes

Yes that’s the premise behind legalization…

3 Likes