A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Weedly Update.

I think this is week 11 and half roughly lol.

Chopped the front plant this morning, ambient temps have been up and down, but the cab is relatively stable at 78 for the last few days with RH around 55%.

The temps and RH in my basement atm are 65F @ 58% RH, so good for drying the first plant.

Before the chop.

Not much there once removed from the rest, might get an ounce dry, at least there is not much trimming to do lol.

Cheers for looking.

21 Likes

Wednesday at 12 weeks from flip I turned the lights and heater off, they were wilting and really needed water, but they are going dry until I chop Sunday.

The plant chopped last Sunday is drying very slowly not even got any crispy bits yet.

I smoked the rest of the tester buds, this one was from just above the wire. A lot more developed trichs, pretty strong buzz with the same good fruity taste this time got a little intense for the first 10 minutes of the buzz lol, definitely got a good percentage of cinderela in it.

11 Likes

Have you already decided on your next run? I saw the seedlings you are hardening off, what strains?

Great grow and looks like a success. I’m curious to hear your smoke report after a little cure. Are you happy with how they yielded?

3 Likes

[quote=“Dr.VitaminGreen, post:1700, topic:17711”] I saw the seedlings you are hardening off, what strains?
[/quote]

Those were Big Bang for a friend’s outside grow this year.

Not decided what’s next, or rather when that will be yet. Depending on whether we sell our house or not.

What I am thinking of is a Mr Baked Beanz fest, I have probably 9 or 10 of his strains, so I was thinking, depending on my old or new grow location it may be 3 or 4 strains at a time or all together lol, just not sure when.

Nope lol. I always want more :wink: They are nice solid nugs, great smell, didn’t present any major growing problems other than a slow start to flowering, but they may have been sexualy immature when I flipped them, I forgot to check.

They coped well with the humidity and cold nights, so it wasn’t a perfect grow by any means, so for small plants which I have never grown before, usually they are 3ft plus tall, or wide if super croped, when I flip them to 12/12 so I guess I shouldn’t complain really :thinking:

The people who grew them outside last year got a couple of pounds per plant, but they were 8 to 10 ft tall.

9 Likes

Haha never enough I feel you! Good luck on selling the house. Crazy market, I know y’all have it way worse up there I’m sure.

Oh and that sounds like a fun grow for sure…mmmmm beans

5 Likes

He has a thread here, if you haven’t seen it give it a look over. Some :fire: for sure :+1:

7 Likes

Well the rest were chopped yesterday, and the one chopped last Sunday was broken down and paper bagged.

Plant one after breaking down, probably get 5 - 7 days in the paper bag before jarring it up. Camera was messing about kept jumping between macro and normal, I must have set the date by accident, when trying to get it back on macro lol.

One end of the tester plant, which has the biggest and most buds.

Middle plant

Plant from he back.

All hanging and drying after their rough trim job. They will get bagged next weekend if current basement temps and RH stay the same.

Cheers for looking.

20 Likes

Thanks for the Bean tip, I’m reading along through it. Lots of :fire: like you said!

Mmm, those look tasty tasty, what kind of smells are you getting? Looks like a decent enough yield to tide you over till your new house, if of course y’all decided to sell…happy for you! :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

A kind of funky rotten fruity/berry mix on the inhale exhail is the same but with an earthy woody smell taste to it not that I eat dirt and rotten wood lol but things usually taste how they smell.

I

That will keep me going for about 4 or 5 months, but I have about 7 or 8 different jarred strains left atm, that would probably last me 5 years lol.

I am just bored with those atm and giving most of it away to friends and family before it becomes stale and useless.

Most of it is a couple of years old already and gone real greasy feeling and dank smelling, but looks like crap lol.

9 Likes

Making some oil today topped up the water pan and did a small job, wifes just started shouting, the pan boiled dry and there is about 20 gr of RSO oil, now smoke, all over the upstairs of the house ffs. I am stoned already just running around opening windows and doors and putting fans everywhere trying to get the smoke out before it settles. Just finished re painting all the upstairs as well.

14 Likes

That’s a bitch. Good luck getting it all out before you have to take solvent to the walls.

5 Likes

Cant fucking believe it, it was nearly ready as well, just came down to the workshop to grab a new scraper blade, and remembered I needed a replacement breaker bar head which I broke the other day trying to get a hub nut off the car. Ordered that and then the shouting started. I have 4 fans running, pointing to outside, and all the windows and doors open.

Hoping I dont have to re paint anything.

12 Likes

Well after the catastrophic oil episode I got some very unexpected and happy news last night.

Last night at 6.33pm my workers compensation case manager called, I have been dealing with them a lot the last 2 weeks.

I thought he was calling to give me a date for attending an occupational therapy exam so they could fuck me over some more, on the money.

Instead to my disbelief he said, that had been cancelled, he had gone through my neuro surgeons notes again , and read something he missed last week about any bump or bang to my neck could cause a catastrophic spinal cord injury, and it would not be fair to put me or an employer in that position.

So I am getting a full payout which is 85% of the last 7 years of wages I could of earn, plus by weekly payments of the same going forward until I would have retired, plus a permanent medical imparement injury payment back payed to now and then onwards as a pension until I am 80 or dead.

Don’t have to sell the house if we don’t want to now, wooohoooo, I think roughly 50% of the money will go repaying the line of credit to the bank, and I have to reinburse the canada disability pension people 50% of what they have paid me the last 7 years, but man what a relief, I said to the guy if I could, I would be doing flick flacks all over the house with happiness lol.

I never dreamed I would say this but their are some good people with integrity working at WCB and I will be toasting my case managers name every Canada day from now on, but not today I have a horrible hangover lol.

Happy Canada Day to all the Canuks :slight_smile:

25 Likes

WHOLLY CARP CONGRATS @Shadey !!! :partying_face:

7 Likes

Yoooo! What great news! Happy for you and your wife! Congrats :ok_hand: guess that’s why you have a hangover :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks guys, still can’t believe it, I keep thinking it’s some kind of trick lol, until I get the letter and the money in the bank I am probably still not going to believe it lol.

Even with the hangover I have got the biggest grin on my face I have had since I first smoked cannabis lol.

10 Likes

Yessir, I know that feeling all too well, waiting on the other shoe to drop.

Nothing you can do about it now though, so might as well keep that smile plastered on your face! :grinning:

Were you able to get the gunk/smoke all cleared out?

3 Likes

I think all the smell has gone now, it’s hard to say how nose blind I am to it atm.

The only place it seem’s to made a little tacky is under the hood of the microwave, which I cleaned off with some alcohol.

Had to throw out my little pan I used to hold the oil while the last of the alcohol gassed off.

Apart from that I think I got lucky that I don’t have to start re painting anything again, it takes so long when you can’t do much in a day.

7 Likes

Glad to hear you finally got what you deserve! It’s a shame it took so long, but at least it’s settled now.

I’m sure if you missed anything in your assessment of the damages from the oil catastrophe the wife will be sure to let you know :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah she wasn’t a happy bunny lol, it made her and the dogs throats sore as well as mi e snd my eyes. Nasty stuff when its so thick in the air. I got her seal of approval :blush:

Yeah I can start to relax a bit now, the pressure is off financially might, even come out of it debt and mortgage free, and help the daughter with her university student loan.

The one good thing that came out of it was learning to live cheaper and developing my skills to save paying other people to do things and trust l have the ability to control my reality more, using the force lol.

12 Likes