A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Have you had autos outside with full buds, this time of year?

2 Likes

Yeah I ran some Dark Devils last year that finished right around end of August, early september. They werenā€™t super dense though.

I just had a local friend go out and check his autos after seeing your post and he says they are A-OK.

But last night with the rain and then the humidity throughout the morning was brutal so I guess we should stay diligent.

3 Likes

Yep I am thinking of some kind of cover for them, and move them all closer together. Their leaves are always up so any moisture just runes straight down to the buds. I would hate to lose the dark one it looks so nice.

3 Likes

Well to be fair, plants grow like this to divert water down the stem and to the roots so its really a good thing they do this, and itā€™s just naturally happenstance that some water will pool up.

I ALWAYS shake my big buds off after rain. Iā€™ve gone so far as to shake the dew off them every morning too. But I just wouldnā€™t expect that problem this time of year so I wouldnā€™t have thought to do it.

3 Likes

The lawn is always wet in the mornings here. Seems up to and past 10 am when I go out in bare feet to check them. I will start giving them a shake in the mornings now. Might go and squeeze some aloe in around where the mould was, its anti bacterial, anti viral, anti oxidant, anti inflammatory, produces at least 6 natural antiseptics, which are able to kill muold, bacteria, fungusā€™s, and viruses. In fact, the plant is so powerful that researchers and scientists are looking into its potential as an AIDS and cancer-fighter.

Probably more healing than weed, for humans, see if it works on plants :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have a bunch of succulents here but I havent had an Aloe in years. They are a great plant.

Iā€™ve not used it, but I know some locals who swear by treating plants with Saferā€™s Defender (Sulfur fungicide)

3 Likes

I have that as well :+1: cheers for reminding me lol, I just use it for feeding to the plants and back up for spider mites. Talking of which, I was running the dog around in the back garden and he collapsed under the apple tree, and as I am waiting for him to get his breath back I look at the tree branches. I had about 8 branches covered in spider mite nests, the branches and leaves were dead, So I got a bag, and bagged the branches, and cut them of, put the bag in the fire pit and poured on some gas and whoommmffed them. A nice fireball about 6 ft high and no more mites :imp:

9 Likes

Are you 100% sure they were mites and not Eastern Tent Caterpillar nests? They are big time in-season right now and abundant this year my trees are full of nests. They are mostly leaving their nests now so you might not have seen individual ones. Mites dont tend to get up too high in trees and I couldnā€™t imagine them doing so in such high concentrations that you would see visible webbing.

4 Likes

I guess the fire has burnt all the evidences , well done anyway, a good pest is a dead pest. ā€¦

4 Likes

Man that GDP has some beautiful colors, nice and chunky golf ball nugs too. I didnā€™t know you were rocking the guava 99 also, looking forward to a sneak preview of her Iā€™m tossing mine into flower in about a week here.

2 Likes

Hmmmm, they had mite looking creatures, could have been green or black aphids, thinking about it, they were probably bigger than mites.

Would the caterpillars turn the leaves brown, I did not see any, as far as I know. Once I thought mites, that was it, went and got the garbage bag and, did em in.

Hopefully they will have a better incarnation. :hugs:

5 Likes

Yes they do turn the leaves brown thatā€™s exactly what they do Iā€™ll take a pic of them tomorrow. They do big damage to deciduous trees but Iā€™ve not had them do anything to my plants. This year seems really bad for them, but I also didnt use BTk on my property at all this year.

And not to freak you out, but if you wanna see mites just go outside in the morning dew and look at your grass. Theyā€™re everywhere, friend, I once read theres like 50,000 mites per cubic meter of earth. Theyā€™re obviously not all bad but they are everywhere.

3 Likes

Hopefully some of the good ones will be climbing in my worm bin outside, and kill all the bad oneā€™s.

2 Likes

Not a good day today.

I took down the best of the ReikiX autos as it was getting bud rot, looks like something bored into the stem on one branch and went right up through the middle of the bud on one branch and the main cola had mould inside on 30% of it :frowning: They are all 8 weeks except the small one which is at 7, and looks like another dark one as its starting to turn black as well. The trichs looked mostly milky on it anyway but it would have been nice to see it a bit bigger.

Before the Chop.

The hole in the branch and whats left of the bud that was affected.

The main cola pre stripping out the mould.

Whilst trimming it the spring on my Friskars trimmers snapped in half for some reason just as I am about to start trimming up the next GDP. :frowning: I robbed a spring off another pair of bib pruners but its 5 times stronger and after a couple of minutes my fingers couldnā€™t take any more.

I put one of the TUT or BH into the flower room today, I am not sure what it is its labelled as TUT but looks like the other BH. The other one labelled BH looks like a TUT lol. We will see what it turns out to be later I suppose.

6 Likes

Caterpillars. Itā€™s funny you say that because I noticed same thing today. Rotten branches and when inspecting found some cankerworms munching on them. Same deal, boring into stems and causing rot. Worse is theres also gypsy moths this time of year and even though the tent caterpillars like trees they have also been known to munch on plants too.

Lepidoptera always get bad this time of year and I think I jinxed myself by telling you not to worry about them. I always treat with BTk during the spring and late summer invasions but skipped this year because Iā€™m cheap and didnt have any fresh stuff left.

Needless to say Iā€™ll be buying some asap and doing a treatment on my plants with a selective defoliation.

2 Likes

@TrevorLahey btk will kill them for surešŸ˜‰. Na thatā€™s not funny but ive had a series of problems with FG. As @ReikoX put it the thungerbugs. They always munch my new foliage sitting monsoon season. The weather deffinitely plays a factor. Fulk a thrip, a FG and anything else your dealing with Shade. I love the trash bags man. I recycle everything. Itā€™s become a problem keeping all not it.

Any ideas on how clones could be sent. Iā€™d like to send a few cuts of the NL Iā€™m growing to some OGā€™ers. Itā€™s an awesome oily great yielding plant. I bet youd love it Shade. Nice looking plants dude. Be safe.
-J

5 Likes

Actually the bags are what the super soil came in, I just stabbed holes in the bottom and sides and then cut the tops of and planted the seedlings.

No I donā€™t buddy, I wouldnā€™t mind finding out as well.

I found some bushes this morning walking the dogs, they still had the caterpillars in the webs, must have been caterpillar shit in the webs on my apple tree I saw, not bugs lol.

2 Likes

Awesome. I believe in using what you have around you. Iā€™m ready to figure how to make like 3 dwc buckets. Looks good shade.:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Use plastic totes, bigger ones stay cooler.

4 Likes

Weekly Update.

The nights are cooling down which is good the days are a bit as well. which is good saving on the AC electric. Turned it off in the house now.

In the clone cab we have lost the 3 C99XGHP cuttings they would not root up, not sure why, they got 2 doses of hormone, and still not a single root hair. I think I will try and re veg her as she is looking good atm. The C99XDH are stretching a bit due to the light being to high, so I bent them over along with the 2 Big Bang, to try and get some branches going as well as topping them all on Tuesday. I pulled the Male C99XGHP out of the veg tent and gave it a crew cut, and put it in with the mothers, I hope it behaves itself in there lol.

In the veg tent the new Blueberry cough, Tut on the right and Blue Heaven on the left. Looks like there was 2 Tut and 1 BH not the other way around, so thatā€™s disappointing lol. Frontal view.

Top view, I bent the BH on Thursday again she seems to be complying with my wishes this time. These 2 will go out in the flower room when the sebs Rev and Hog are done in another 3-4 weeks.

In the flower room, The Sebs Rev and Hog are getting into their stride after the squirrel/light timer debacle. The buds are swelling.

Group shot. The new girl on the block front and center, its a Tut for sure, lol, its got the mutant leaf trait. Sebs Rev in the back corner and the hog to the left. Under the 600W HPS

Close up Hog.

Close Up Tut.

Close up Sebs Rev.

The C99XGHP by @paintedfire420 are under the Home made LEDs at 3 weeks but really 2, Starting to get into its stretch :sweat: I am raising the lights 1-2 inches a day atm but her nodes are about an inch apart, better than the 3-4 when she was in vegā€¦ She is looking really good, famous last words lol.

Front view.

Top View.

The ReikioX autos are nearing the finish looks like the last 3 are free of bud rot atm.

Number 2 still needs to plump up a bit they are 8 weeks now so maybe 1-2 weeks left. This is the potpourri one.

No 3 which was getting eaten alive, now bulking up a bit :slight_smile:

No 4 at 7 weeks, starting to go dark and gaining size.

Whats left of no 1 after removing the bud rot., lovely colour and smells great.

13 Likes