A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Looks wild in here bro! :seedling::evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::four_leaf_clover::herb::seedling:

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Damn bugs…summer grows are rough. Either indoor or outdoor. Either heat, bugs, mold or all 3.

Sorry to hear about the clones not rooting. Hope your revenge goes well for ya.

The rest of the ladies are looking great though!!

3 Likes

New light fittings arrived today set one up for the photo then did another 2. Just had enough light bulbs for 3, Itching to get more bulbs, but waiting on energy efficiency NS, to start their bulb discounts for this fall so I can save about 60$.

I want to do 2 7 bulb fittings on each of the 3 home made lights. So I will have to make up something for the 4th lot. Veg tent is looking dark atm after robbing the other set out of there.

12 Likes

Wooohoooo let there be (low cost) light!

6 Likes

I hope it gets good results, you and Toasty seem to get good bud production with them. Just doesn’t quite feel like its enough lol.

4 Likes

Mate I swear to god if you get good results like him n toasty I’m selling all my shit and replacing it with those :rofl:

5 Likes

What’s the cost of the light fittings and where did you buy them , their the 7 bulb holders ?

2 Likes

So far on the C99 X GHP its budding up nicely, there is 270 watts out of the wall on one plant, that will increase to about 350W over 2 plants as I am going to put the Tut I just put in the other day next to the C99, when I can find something sturdy to sit it on and raise it up a bit.

3 Likes

yep 7 bulb holders $55 Canadian for 8 on them on ebay.

3 Likes

I am keeping my 600w HPS lights I may have to go back to them for January to April, in case I have to run a heater in the flower room as well. I could get more LED fittings I suppose and run 1200W out the wall in LEDs lol, that would be bright.

3 Likes

They’ll do fine as long as you position them with some thought as to how the plant can best utilize the coverage provided.

4 Likes

Yeah with the home made fittings I can move them up and down the light for easy customizable lighting.

4 Likes

These bulbs get arguably just as hot or hotter than HPS when you start adding a lot.

Also before you go buying more fittings, consider @Mr.Sparkle’s recent strip build. He figured it out to be just as cheap or cheaper than the SIL route using Bridgelux strips and XLG drivers and nearly TWICE as efficient. The higher end is getting significantly cheaper.

6 Likes

Love your sign in the background lol

2 Likes

Cheers for the heads up, I will check that out, cheaper and more light for less money is great.

Yeah it came with the house when we bought it, the previous owner grew weed as well. Its a good take on the if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it did it still fall.

4 Likes

Yeah sils are dead as an option imo or at least for me now, @toastyjakes is building his new light using some bigger strips today.

But my cost for 100-125w of light which you can adjust lower easily to fill one of my closet cabinet sides “3sqft” was $125cnd all in for my cost just to think about, bigger setups and singles being cheaper…

7 Likes

Yeah I saw Toasties strips and I bookmarked the web site, which looks Canadian.

What are, and where do you get the power supply drivers for the strips?

5 Likes

I got everything from digikey.ca, they drop ship with no duties as they have canadian warehousing and i usually get the parts in literally a business day or two, sorry didn’t get everything from them as i got the 100k potentiometers and knobs for the drivers local for $5 just cause i didn’t order “forgot” a couple in my initial order and didn’t want to make a new order with $8+ shipping

For reference the strips come in 3 lengths for reference 280mm 560mm 1120mm with the 1120 running a higher voltage “double at 39v” than the other two that run at 19.5v nominal.

As for drivers i went with the newer meanwell XLG drivers “aka XLG100-L-AB in my case” just cause they fit the bill and are cheaper in comparison to the hlg’s with like a 1% efficiency drop and i went for the AB types for the adjustability, and their L types seems to be the ones that pair the best. The L types just run higher voltages and typically have a nominal current of 700ma which is the base for the 560mm and 1120mm ones and you just parallel circuit 2 of the 280mm ones like i did as they run at 350ma.

You can overdrive the xlg’s just not as much compared to the hlg’s but i could push up to 900ma but then the lights would cut out after that and they have a suggested efficiency range anyways, i dialed mine back to a max of 800ma which is a 10-20% increase over base.

9 Likes

Thanks for the info, I think I am going to get some of these to cover the other half of the flower room. When you compare lumins between these strips and sils, you are definitely getting more for your money, compared to the sils.

3 Likes

Went round to my nephews last night with a Blueberry Cough and Hog. He got everything on his list to get him started. Took a couple of hours to get it all set up. Looks good, the LED light he had bought though only runs for 12 hours at a time, and has to go off for an hour before being able to be used again, according to the instructions, never heard of that before. I hooked up a small desk light to stay on with the timer as I was not sure if it turns itself off automatically or you have to do it manually, instructions were in chinese pigeon english so not very clear :unamused:

His girlfriend who is the one who smokes, works at a family business making naturopathic medicines. She told me that they are just about to start making weed growing water soluble supplements, like Organic freeze dried coconut water, aloe vera, kelp meal, cal mag, and silica. I can get it all for free woopeee. They had applied to have a 20,000 square foot grow 2 years ago, and asked me if I would manage it for them, but I found out a week ago it wasn’t happening as they could not get the financial backing to start it off. I would have probably had a nervous break down trying to run it anyway so that’s not so bad for me lol.

Off to hunt cheap LED bulbs now :slight_smile:

10 Likes