A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

I have never heard of a light that can only stay on for 12 hours at a time. I would assume it is made for flowering and has red/flower spectrum?

3 Likes

Personally wouldn’t want to use that light I imagine it can only run 12 hours for a reason. My guess would be heat as thats the only thing in my mind that would stop it turning on for an hour until it cools down which is just gunna be useless that or like you said maybe it’s just suggested to run max 12 hours and you can time it yourself but then there’s still a reason of why the 12 hours :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

It has a flowering and Veg option or both on at the same time.

Yeah it says to allow it to cool down, it has 4 fans on it though. I told them to check it around 6pm when it will do it, if it does.

He bought it around Christmas., I told him to tell me when he was looking at lights so I could advise, but he never bothered :persevere:

6 Likes

Well, the best deal I could find was crappy tire Noma lights. $11.99 for a pack of 8 so I got 16X 2700K 8X 5000K and 4X 3000K

I just need to make up one more holder for the last 2 fittings to go on. probably go with a lump of 2x2 and a couple of receptacles to screw the fittings into and wire it up. So I have 3 running 6 fittings and the 600w HPS in there now.

The 2 low and close together ones are now over the Tut, and the C99XGHP has 4 over it :slight_smile:

Sebs Rev and Hog starting to bulk up a bit now thankfully, beginning to think the light being on 24/7 for the week, screwed them up good and proper.

ReikioX Autos looking good no mould on these.

The youngest one has gone a dark red/purple, the camera is not doing it justice.

The beat up one is bulking up good, it also has pink pistils now.

The other pink pistil one and that was no 2, smelling even more like flowery potpourri. Trichs are looking good on all 3. I am going to let them go as long as I can, but we have a tropical storm supposedly coming on Friday, and showery weather for Thursday so they may come down Thursday night, if it looks like being bad Friday.

18 Likes

Awesome work with the light placement your plants are going to eat that up. I think that should work great for you!

1 Like

I am liking how I can move them apart or closer together, I was thinking of heating the arms on the lights, and bend them up a little so they are not all pointing straight down.

1 Like

Trimmed up the big GDP today and the ReikioX auto. Having a little tokeypoo on the dark ReikioX auto that had a bit of mould. Considering its almost dried in 5 days, and there is still a lot of chlorophyll it was not to ruff on the throat good taste and I think it must be a high percentage sativa cross or the trichs are still mostly clear, I never checked, as I just had to take it down, before it got worse. Its an edgy buzz, no couch lock yet.

Big GDP still a bit squishy in the middle but pretty much ready to go straight into jars for curing now its trimmed up.
Before trimming.

The medium GDP produced 128 grams not as good as I thought it was going to be compared to the smaller one, some of the larger buds were a bit fluffy.

The one I have just trimmed up got 147 grams, both will lose some weight in the cure, but probably not much.

13 Likes

The patience it would take to trim that plant whole…

Good job though bet it smokes as good as it looks. Stay safe, storms coming in tonight!

1 Like

I would not have the patience to final trim it all on the plant, I took the pic before I broke it down and trimmed it a branch at a time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got my emergency lighting battery charged for tomorrow in case the power goes out. I hope the autos outside survive the onslaught.

3 Likes

Weedly Update lol.

Storm came and went, luckily more hype from the weather man than anything else, got a nice lot of rain water to use from it. The Autos outside survived, and the weather is back to being hot again, but the nights are cooling off more. The exhaust fan is running at night in the flower room as the RH is climbing high, after lights out, I may drop daytime temps in the flower room, to combat temp fluctuation RH.

Clones and mothers OK, started training the Big Bang and C99XDH to get some branch growth speeded up, so I can take cuttings and sex them asap. Moms need some watering this morning. I met another grower yesterday, who has asked if I can make some clones for next spring, as he grows outside and he likes heavy Indica’s, so I am going to pop some Tranquil Elephantizer Remix soon, as I am interested to see if its as good as I have heard it is. Do a test run with it and if it is, make some clones up for him at the end of Jan.

All bent up.

Moms.

In the veg tent they have been getting some bending about, The Tut and Blue Heaven will be big, as they will not be going out until the Sebs Rev and Hog finish in 3 - 4 weeks. The Blueberry Cough is picking up after transplant, just looking like it has some potassium def going on, in fact they all do, I always seem to have a potassium def in veg with brown tips. The temps have been at max this last week at 80F with the extraction fan running pretty much constantly, and probably the cause of the potassium def with the extra expiration they are doing.

Top view.

Side View.

Flower room has been good this week, the Tut is just starting to pick up speed in its stretch, and the C99XGHP has slowed right down now, probably the extra blue light from the 5000k Sils has stopped it, I may have to factor that into my flowering procedures now, regarding stretching being less, and veg for a bit longer. The Sebs Rev is still showing Cal/mag deficiency, even though I have upped it. I thought it had resolved itself but this week its got worse. I think all the sulphur I top dressed 4 weeks ago with has acidified my soil a bit, and after checking my log notes my watering for the last 3 weeks have been in the low 6’s PH range. So there may be some lock out going on. So today they will get a tea which is normally acidic, but I am going to attempt to PH it up with potassium silicate and kill 2 birds with one stone as the need more K anyway.

So the Tut coming up to 1 week in flower today, starting some pre flower pistils.

C99XGHP looking very nice at 3 weeks, good node spacing could see some nice colas on this plant, if I dont fuck up lol.

The HOG now at 7 weeks with a support stick as its starting to lean over, and go flat with the weight of the buds, like the 2 large GDP did, which is why the buds are pointing a bit sideways atm.

Same for the Sebs Rev, I moved it away from the wall and it practically tore itself out of the pot with the bud weight, so I have a support stick holding that up as well. Its at 7 weeks as well, looks like its growing out of the wall lol. I am hoping it will move its branches back into a vertical position, I will give it 3-4 days and if it doesn’t I will try and support it at a lower angle. There is a lot of buds on this baby, I hope the soil can produce enough food to keep them growing. I gave them all another top dress of of bat guano and bone meal, 1 table spoon of each. Having plants this big is new territory for me, so I am not sure how much extra top dressings they need to keep them going, and I don’t want to over do it and screw them up, especially growing the Sebs Rev for the first time, I will know more for the next one, as these are going to be a regular grown CBD plant for me, with such good yields compared to other CBD plants I have grown.

In the garden, the autos have nearly finished, we are at just over 9 weeks or 65 days for 2 and 58 days for the last.
They weathered the storm and no bud rot or mould anywhere. I think what ever bored a hole in the one I had to chop early, went up through the main top cola, and the one side branch underneath it, causing the issues it had.

Nearly all the fanners have died just the last few on the top hanging on and going a nice purple shade of colour.

Close up of top cola. Trichs are looking nice and abundant, if you click on the pic and expand, you get a better look at them. You can really smell these from a distance now, the dankness is growing stronger. Probably take her down this week.

Next up is the beat up one.
Whats left of the leaves are still nice and green and her pistils are still pink so she will live for another week, maybe 2.

Close up.

Last of the bunch at 8 weeks.
She is looking and smelling great, I hope she gets to finish without problems maybe 2-3 weeks left, leaves are nice and green just the lowers starting to fade.

Close up.

A pic of the the early chopped auto before starting trimming. Luvly sparkly buds mmmmm. Smells and tastes great even without a cure, so I cant wait to sample the last 3 once they are dried and cured properly.
Double A battery for size comparison. lost 3/4 of the main cola and next largest branch bud to mould :frowning:

19 Likes

Amazing looking buds the flower room is exploding!

Autos look like they are pretty much all done, gonna have some nice early outdoor buds!

The Tranquil Elephantizer looks like a great strain cant wait to see how you do with it!

2 Likes

You’ve got some beautiful bushes in here bro! Excellent job :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Those outdoor autos you’ve got look baws man love the colour on that big boy. Love the colour of sparkles gear n all that purpley black has me pulling faces every time I see it grown :rofl: plan on running my reiko FAM mix next see how they do under this big boy light looking good as always though bro :+1:t2::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yea it makes me smile as well, such a different looking plant. Wait until you smell them so fruity you want to eat them lol.

Cheers man, your C99XGHP is growing so nice, I am thinking of re vegging it, as the cuttings I took didn’t make it to clones.

Yeah from peoples descriptions of its affects, I am hoping it is as good as they say. I would pop some earlier but the clone cab will be over flowing with the C99XDH and big bang soon, once they are in the big girls tent, I will pop some to find a female.

3 Likes

Well I’ve actually not got any of sparkles stuff but I’ve never asked though may do in time but with all these strains OG throws out for free I doubt I’ll ever need anything ever again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: is that normal coloured phat cola a reiko auto or a sparkle auto bro?

2 Likes

They are all ReikioX autos.

Yeah it’s hard having so much choice, with what to grow next. I have been running just a couple of new strains every year, usually adding on to what I have been growing previously. I can’t really do that now, as the clone cab, and veg tent, has reached critical mass lol.

I don’t want to go back to smaller pots, and more plants, so it’s going to be hard making choices. I like to grow a strain at least 3-4 times to perfect it as much as possible, what I can get out of them.

I guess I will just have to replace some of the mother’s I have with better strains, but I am a bit of a hoarder/collecter, I am hoping V 4 Vendetta has had time to put some GDP pollen in the seed, mail out, for me. I might be able to cross some and keep hold of the GDP, Tut and Hog, don’t mind losing the BH I have a few seeds of that left, blueberry cough I want a mother of, need to take a cutting before flowering it lol.

What I really need is a bigger mother cabinet lol.

2 Likes

To be fair, any one of them could be SBRxDD which would mean it’s technically both… lol

1 Like

Took all 3 autos down today, the 2 oldest had some bud rot on several buds between the 2 of them. The Dark Rose, is good but decided to take it before it starts to get problems. We have 3 or 4 days of rain coming mostly at night, so I think it was the best thing to do.

I love toking the Dark Rose, it gets a 10/10 for me great taste and smell.

I think I will pop the other 3 and grow them in the veg tent, see what I can get them to do. I don’t think I could improve the smell and sticky, but might be able to get a bit more yeild from them.

I will definitely be getting more, if ReikioX has any left. Wouldn’t mind trying a photo pheno of it. It’s just a stunning looking plant on top of everything else.

3 Likes

Sorry for your autos, I’ve started mine’s indoor, you know I’have experience in rainy days and mold , it’s amazing how those seeds are spread all over the continents, wish one day I will learn how to produce them and give back …

3 Likes

Hi George, yeah it sucks, I may not bother growing outside next year, it seems very frustrating, when a plant can go from great to bad, in a matter of a couple of days. I feel sorry for you, having this problem continually, inside or out. I hope you have a smooth grow, free of problems buddy.

3 Likes