A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

What have you found to be the best top dressing the clover or is there anything better?

1 Like

Off to the docs now I have to tell him whats happening with my neck and arm, workers comp spoke to me last week saying they are not agreeing with my neck being damaged bye the fall and my wrist is not a permanent injury. Which means I will have to appeal there decision again which should be at the end of the month so she said.

3 Likes

The best cover crop I feel is either Clover or Alfalfa, I prefer Alfalfa as it grows taller and will hang over the pots and get light so it stays alive longer. The clover dies off when the plants get big from lack of light.

4 Likes

Have you tried just dumping a cup of dolomite lime in for your ph? I used to top dress a cup when I was using sunshine mix #4 as I put them into flower. Never had a problem

2 Likes

Yep, that’s why I have the problem lol.

I was getting a little calcium def on the last run, so I top dressed with gypsum and crab meal, and a sprinkle of dolomitic lime as that what works quickly. Now I have the gypsum and crab meal kicking in and its too much lol. The PH of my run off is constantly above 7 no matter how acidic the water I add to it atm.

What I need to put in is some sulphur, but Its hard to work out how much I would use, and not swing it too much the other way.

2 Likes

I’d honestly scrap that other stuff and just use lime. Give’s cal and is the best ph buffer by far

2 Likes

The other stuff has other functions as well that are good, its the amount I used that is the problem.

Gypsum has sulphur in it as well, and crab meal has large quantities of chitin in it, which is a form of sugar and also helps the good bacteria deal with bad bacteria and helps fight of pathogens and diseases.

2 Likes

Ok, thought that you were just using those for cal

2 Likes

Damn good luck with that Shadey. Hope you get what you need.

3 Likes

Cheers man, what I need, is not what I will get lol. I need workers compensation to compensate me for not being able to work the last 10 years of my working life, before retirement, probably close to $600,000. The way things are going it will be past 10 years, before I get any money from the bastards, and it will probably be less than $10,000 as they keep saying all my injuries from my fall, 4 years ago, are previous conditions, which is a load of bollox. The Doc is sending me for more xrays to hopefully prove me right.

OK on a lighter and more enjoyable note, my weedly update.

Seedlings and mothers doing OK they got some Jobes organic 3.7.5 last week and are starting to pick up some healthier looking leaves now. I think the sulphur dust and safers end all was too much together, and messed some leaves up.

I have 3 new Blue Heaven clones as my last BH is going into the flower room next week, just realized I don’t have a mother for the Hog as I put the last one in flower without taking cuttings :frowning: so I am going to try and re veg it.

BH cuttings been in about 5 days now.

Mothers and a Big Bang

C99XDH and Big Bang

Whats happening to some leaves on all the plants. I think the safers end all I mixed up was a bit strong. I lost the info sheet that tells you how much to add per liter. I may have over done it a bit :confused:

In the veg tent things are getting bent out of shape every 3 days as they keep lifting those branches afterwards.

I bent these up on Wednesday.
Blueberry Cough

Blue Heaven on the left and Tut on the right looking like a train wreck lol.

4 Days later and the BH and Tut back where they started again :disappointed: I guess I should tie the branches to the side of the pots.

4 Days later and the BBC is back where it was before bending and I put in another Sebs Rev on the right, to see if I can do a better job than the last one, with all the light and soil problems I had with it. Hopefully do them justice this time around.

In the Flower Room the Hog and Sebs Rev are at week 9 I think I will take the sebs Rev down on Wednesday and the Hog next Saturday. temps are cooling down outside now, and I have a heater in the FR to keep it around 70F at night day time temps are 76F-78F RH is 45-50% days 60% nights . The LEDs seem to be doing well still a bit dubious about them working well lol. I top dressed them all today with a couple of table spoons of sulphur powder, hoping to bring down the soil PH. I checked them all again this week and its still giving a PH of 7+ with the run off, with watering at a PH of 5.5. They got watered today at a PH of 5.1 with 2x TBS of molasses and Epsom salts and 2 cups of Labs in 5 gals

Tut in the corner coming on nicely at 3 weeks now I defoliated it a bit to open up the light to lower down buds and bent the branches open a bit, so far no deficiencies with her.

starting to stack up nice.

C99XGHP just showing a little K def otherwise good apart from a few old lower fanners dying off.

At week 5. Buds starting to fatten up a bit now, got some trichs developing, really sticky buds on her.

Hog going well considering the fuck ups, got a few fox tails on her, probably due to switching over the HPS to LEDs, got sone nice trichs on here and the colas are quite long, Might get 100+ grms of her if I am lucky.

Close up of some sugar shots.

Close up of some sugar shots getting some nice fades on the leaves just starting…

The Sebs Rev not bad but definitely could be a lot better. she smells great and is extremely sticky. Got her last watering today. Chopping Wednesday.

Close up sugar shot I need a better camera so I can get realy up close and personal lol.

15 Likes

You’ve been running that HOG for years now. It must be killer. You always make it look good.

4 Likes

Yeah that HOG is damn impressive.

Weird with the End-All. I’ve had it burn plants before but it looked more like spots than full blown yellowing. I think its 50ml per Litre with the End-All concentrate.

But sulfur+fatty acids=lots of acids so maybe you threw out the pH with such an acidic foliar?

2 Likes

Yeah it probably could do with rest lol. I have lost count of how many clone generations I have had, from the original I first got. I have lots of good memories with this girl I don’t want to lose her :sob:

Yea some leaves browned right off, looked a bit like a bad P deficiency. New growth is looking good, so I think they are all getting over it. :sweat:

4 Likes

everything is looking great shadey!that c99 x ghp is impressive looking.
alot of bud sites on that.hope you manage to keep hog going as you’re the
last person i know with it.even the seb’s rev looks to have a gaggle on it.
i’ve got two of them going in the greenhouse and they look nice.still need another
month,so here’s hoping.keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Just been out and watered the C99XGHP and Tut with water, molasses and Labs and some Epsom salts. PH was 4.4 run off was PH6. I think I am going to have to take all these pots apart and re mix the soil with some more composted manure to get my PH back down to where it needs to be. The daughters BF was having a fire in the back yard last night so I have all the ashes and charcoal in a bucket ready to make a top dressing.

5 Likes

I didnt think manure raised pH. I thought most manure was N hot therefore more acidic? Maybe chicken poo?

Have you considered top dressing with some water soluble calcium and/or dolomite lime?

1 Like

No, my soil is already very alkaline, I need to get it down, If I put PH 6 water in the soil its coming out at 7.4+ on the run off. Just seen how I was confusing you. I meant back down not up lol. I edited it.

I am trying to lower it by watering with low acidic PH stuff atm to see if I can lower it without having to re build it. Chicken poo is very hot, my neighbours have chickens, I could have as much of it as I like, but I have enough N from my cover crops. I might get some for my worm bin, I have a horsey place behind our property I may ask then for some horse poo as well for my worms. I tried buying sheep manure compost last week, but everywhere is sold out now :frowning: short of going down to Bridgewater to a farm there, that raises organic sheep for wool, I am kind of constipated on that problem, at the moment lmao.

2 Likes

Just sold my 1000w digital ballast and light plus the 2 bulbs, for $160 the Super MH bulb has not been used, and the HPS has about 2200 hours on it.

I put it on facebook market place and Kijiji 30 minutes ago, and had 2 people contact me. The first guy on market place, is in Truro, and he has already sent the money via E transfer, coming to pick it up Friday. The other cheeky bastard on Kijiji offered me $100, didn’t even respond to that. If I wanted $100 that’s what I would have listed it for lol its a great deal at $160. people on Kijiji are always tacking the piss with low ball offers.

So I think I may by some LED strips and drivers, and build some more lights :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Sweeeeeet that’s exciting news!

That’s what I sold my HPS setup for as well, actually. They got a good deal I’d say.

Upgrades are exciting! Let me know if you need help selecting components!

1 Like

Thanks I will probably take you up on that, I have read Mr sparkles thread a couple of times but, the info has not sunk in enough yet, to make an informed decision lol.

I want something equivalent to 600W covering an area 28 inches wide by 42 inches long, I don’t want to go too big, so I can cover 1-2 plants that have the same canopy height, so I can put a couple more plants in the room, as consumption has been going up recently, and I need more :wink: If I go to big with the dimensions it makes life harder, If that would require 2 drivers I might make 2x 300w equivalents for better adaptability on an individual basis.

1 Like