A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Went out today to get some hay bales to put around the worm penthouse, in the backyard ready for winter.

I am hoping the worms are going to stay warm enough. Got 6 bales for 20$ of Kijiji, slightly used for a hay ride on a trailer for Halloween.

They are all tucked up now with one bale left to go on top under the tarp.

7 Likes

Half inch of snow on the ground this morning and a very chilly day compared to last week. Glad I sorted the worms out the other day, just need to change the tires over on the car and truck now to the winter ones.

Took down the Tut today. A little disappointment as she had not filled out well due to the sulphur deficiency that I could not correct in time, and has a lot of popcorn buds lower down that would normally fill out. I am hoping these pots will sort themselves out soon, with the amendments they all got in the last week. Having said that, its a rather stinky sticky plant, and the nugs are very solid compared to some I have grown, I think this is due to the LEDs. The HPS definitely has more penetration I think, but tends to make fluffier buds due to the extra heat, so maybe more defoliation is required with the LEDs. Probably looking at somewhere around 3 ounces dry for this one.

Lost most of her fan leaves so didnt need much trimming luckily, as its freezing in the workshop today with just a Tshirt on.

Some close up shots of the buddage with a lighter for scale reference.

New one in the pot replacing it, is the Green Crack from HardRocks adoption agency :wink:

23 Likes

I’d be more apt to believe the nutrition issues were to blame for the lack of filling out, rather than the penetration of the screw-ins.

However with your SIL setup there still are large areas of the plants without diodes directly above them, requiring a higher light height to get the coverage, and when you raise the light you lower the penetration so in that respect, sure, that could have played a role in your disappointment. You’ll see a difference with your strips, I’m betting, where you are getting that sweet sweet coverage lol.

Still looks like a decent yield on her though, and dank too!

9 Likes

Awesome shots of your girls Pal!!!

I have to say, the most proud I have ever been with my nephew, was when he recently told me he want’s to push his Engineering Degree aside, to grow Herb instead…He said it does not make him happy, doing it for a living…He told me since I taught him how to grow as a teen, he only wants to grow for a living. He said it is the only job he really loved doing…It brought a single tear to my eye (But only one)…

I told him, the only thing I truly care about regarding him in his life, is his happiness.

It helps the fkr pulled two a lite his first pull…He was a sponge when it came to learning…But he is also probably the smartest one in my family haha. He learned a lot on his own as well…

K.

8 Likes

Or perhaps a Kangaroo? I am guessing you dream often of revenge?

K.

3 Likes

Hi Shadey Man what did they do to your teeth Ouch
My buddy had to have almost all his teeth removed and they created holes down into his gums that took forever to close Dry Socket I do believe
And no smoking of anything Sucks
Sorry

3 Likes

Yeah I agree totally, it was lack of sulphur that was the non bulking issue, the sil comment was more an observation of light penetration compared to the HPS, and possible ways to think of addressing that once the soil sorts itself out. Icant judge their performance properly until I get a clean run, without either a lockout or deficiency, for the amount of electric they use, I am certainly pleased with their performance.

Yeh I need 2 more 2x2 ft in the veg tent, thinking of using something with a bit more blue in it. I looked earlier for something around 6000K but the Bridgelux dont seem to get that high, from my search, but I find that site difficult to narrow stuff down on. I was thinking 650w total in the veg tent. 400W in 4 2x2fts frames and another 240W 2x4ft for above the autos. I may leave the one I just built in the Flower room.

6 Likes

Hi man, thanks, you have to do what makes you happy. people make the mistake of getting jobs just for the money, which doesn’t last long with ones enthusiasm, before we are looking for something else. when you do something that makes you happy, you are much more likely to succeed, as well as make money, trouble is the system is not set up for that, unless you have financial backing, keeping you alive whilst you are making a name at it.

No, I have no hard feelings towards Skippy. I don’t have enough energy to focus on myself, let alone waste it on anger or revenge lol.

6 Likes

I had a skin graft taken from the roof of my mouth, and sown to the edge of my gums, after cutting down the side of my teeth to create a pocket, to put it in, and repair the receding gum line, from years of brushing my teeth to hard apparently. Then got an infection in the roof of my mouth with abnormal swelling around my gums, so I was told. I new I was abnormal, so I am thinking I might not have the other side done now lol. If they fall out I still have these ones that have been done to chew with :joy: Gained a couple of pounds back now but still not on solids.

6 Likes

OUCH That would have driven me crazy

4 Likes

Late weedly update.

Clones have been dying off after transplant, not sure why, all the G99 have gone apart from the one left in the cloner that has a single 3 mil root on it. Think I am going to bin that one and do some more when the one in the veg tent has got over the transplant, still getting its roots into the soil atm. Mothers are OK and the 4 TER are doing well in their bigger pots now. The 2 from HardRock are gaining size and will be up potted this week. The Green Crack has gone into a 10 gal pot in the veg tent.

The Veg tent has had another light switch, the single 8 bank has gone out to the flower room and a double 7 one has come in.
G99 at the back still looking a bit sorry for herself and the #2 big Bang on the left doing OK as well it got all branches topped on Thursday. As soon as the G99 is fit I will bend some branches on her roughly where the tape is from the the damage caused by dropping her after transplanting.

The DHXC99 doing well that also got its six main branches all topped again, and I think as soon as it recovers it will go into the flower room, as its past the 2ft mark now.

The Blueberry CBD is doing good and got topped as well, probably going to bend her over as well and get some good lower branch development going.

Finally the Green Crack from HardRock in the big girls pot, she had some nice root growth, so hoping it doesn’t take her too long to get upwardly mobile.

Cheers for looking.

17 Likes

Rock on brotha, hope those seedlings treat ya right, ya can pop down sometime this week after 5pm and grab that pack of Deep Purple.

3 Likes

Okay man, probably Wednesday, but I will let you know for sure tomorrow.

3 Likes

Man you are gonna be ballin! lol

You can get 5000K strips that are marginally more efficient in terms of power consumption, They’re not as efficient at growing plants, however, unless you were looking to achieve something specific by adding the extra blue (say, trying to work a particularly lanky sativa line). 3500k is much broader in terms of what plants can benefit from. If it were me and I was dead set on adding some extra blue I’d swap a few of the 3500k strips out for 5000k, or even find a cheap low watt monochromatic blue light for what it’s worth. My 2 cents.

Here’s a link to the 5000k
https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/bridgelux/BXEB-L0560Z-50E2000-C-B3/976-1735-ND/7907664

I’m hoping that Green Crack goes well for you. Had some recently that was just as good as I remember from back in the day.

6 Likes

That sounds better, it was more to stop stretching, these C99 crosses seem to like getting lanky, and I will be probably making these more regular in my grow.

5 Likes

Sad news about your mouth issues Shadey. Sounds like a f’n nightmare.

I’m going to be looking to get some new lights out in BC. Wanting a pair of 600W HPS with either Hortilux EYE blue bulbs or their Super HPS ones. Was watching a piss-poor UTube video about using a 1000W HPS to run 2 - 600 bulbs and it seems to work. Just need to wire up a splitter for the light’s power cord and away you go. Would still rather having a couple ballasts tho and preferably magnetics. Depends on how generous dear old ma is tho. :slight_smile:

Hope that mouth heals up fast for you!

:peace:

7 Likes

Two eh 600s. Fuk yeah man. I do great with one. I hae some bulbs. You have a write up or link sir?

2 Likes

here is a link

https://growershouse.com/solis-tek-digital-splitter

I have seen people run a 600 watt and a 400 watt off a 1000 ballast

back in a day

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

3 Likes

Thank you bro bro. Id love to get a de gavita at some point but why spend the $. I bought a 3 pack of 600eh bulbs a while back three “full spctrum” hps bulbs. Will regular hid bulbs flower fine? I have a few od those for back ups.

3 Likes

I use just generic bulbs myself I have never spent big bucks on bulbs

that being said I have used big buck bulbs and as far as is the light better who knows

your plants will tell you

folks love to put up charts and graphs from light makers

I just use a light meter and check how much light is getting to the plants

all the best

Dequilo

5 Likes