A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

OK late update, due to me being really fucked off with myself, and in a foul mood, and not wanting anything to do with my grow . The last 3 weeks of pain and sleep deprivation were capped off by finding the extra timer, I put in the flower room, for the LED strip light, was set to on constantly. So once again all my flowering plants were under 24/7 light for the last 2 weeks. I set the light and timer up in a hurry due to the pain from my mouth, and the infection making me sweat buckets, as soon as I go in there, my mouth is still not right, I am going back this afternoon to get it checked as I think I still have an infection.

The result is the Blue heaven and Tut have stalled mid flower, the Sebs rev which went in for 2 weeks prior is pretty much the same as it was 2 weeks ago. The Blueberry Cough and Big Bang #1 that went in at the same time as I added the light, have just vegged for another 2 weeks, I wondered why they hadn’t started any pre flowers, but my brain was to fucked up to work it out. I added the Doc HolidayXC99 and the Big Bang #2 last Friday as they were getting pretty big.

So now my staggered harvests are all down the shitter and I will probably be harvesting all the plants withing 2-3 weeks of each other, that’s going to be fun :cry:.

Enough winging here’s some pics.

The lone Doc HolidayXC99 clone which did nothing for 3 weeks, I pulled it out to toss it and miraculously it had developed a mass of 6 inch roots in 4 days, now potted up and under the dome while it acclimatizes to soil. I should have done the same with the others as only 1 Hog clone survived out of 3 cuttings and the rest of the G99 and DH99 failed as well.

The 2 of 3 seedlings from Hard Rock got re potted and are recovering from being root bound and trans planted the other is in the veg tent.

Mothers doing OK but all plants in here are showing signs of heat stress and have a few leaves each canoeing so I removed some SILS to lower the heat and lowered the heat setting on the controller.

In the Veg tent to the right is the Green Crack from Hard Rock doing well, the Blueberry CBD front left is going strong, I was going to bend some tops but I think I may just top a few more branches and Just let it do its thing.
The G99 in the back corner is OK apart from the 2 broken branches which are not allowing enough nutrients up into the leaves fast enough, the back half of the plant is OK though. The tent is looking empty atm so I may move all my clones and mothers and seedlings in here for the time being.

In the Flower Room.

The Lone Blueberry cough, now 2 days into flower.

The Sebs Rev to the left and Big Bang #1 on the right

Big Bang #2 at the back and DH99 front.

Lastly Blue heaven at the front and Tut at the back which has gone all floppy after moving them around. They are both really frosty and smell great but have gained little size on the buds for the last 2 weeks, and are cannibalizing their leaves heavily atm.

18 Likes

Shit to hear you’re still having a shit time with your mouth bro hope you get better, is a bit of a shitter with the plants mate but if you’ve not been yourself which is how it sounds sometimes shit happens init gotta just keep crackin on :+1:t2::muscle:

3 Likes

Well, some unfortunate news from the flower room but shit happens bud, glad you caught it when you did.

I read how giving plants 48hrs straight of darkness will kick start flowering, but have never tried it for fear of stressing my plants out.

Hey, your plants all look great to me, and you have lots of them going so just a bump in the road! Get that timer situation straightened out and they’ll be back to growing themselves so you can focus on healing and mending yourself!

Sending some good vibes your way, to your plants too :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

36 hours of darkness at the start of flowering cycle help to deplete the red enzyme

that keeps them out of flower

the enzyme is produced from sunlight/light that is how they know how long the day is

in a photo-period plant

do it all the time never had a problem

all the best

Dequilo

6 Likes

I hope you get your mouth fixed and feel better. Maybe the light issue just gave you more veg time and not shock them.

I’ve had a hell of a week so far and last night it seems I lost my wedding band while mixing dirt and transplanting some girls to flower. Looks like I’ll be thrashing through rootballs in a couple of months looking for the ring. DAMMIT MAN!

5 Likes

Just got back from the dentist, he says there is a small infection but thinks I just have a bad mouth for dental work, getting serious adverse reactions.

Sorry to hear that man, hopefully you will find it, do you know anyone with a metal detector? I lost mine about a year after getting married, its at Gatwick airport somewhere. The worst part was having to tell the misses.

4 years ago I lost a very valuable ring I made, it was an ounce of 18K gold shaped like a dragon coiled around my finger, with a 3/4 Carat good quality Brazilian emerald in the top of its head. I carved it out of wax and had it cast in silver first, then worked the silver one for the high detail, and had it re cast in the gold. I still have the silver one so I could get another cast done, but cant afford to replace it, about $5000 dollars worth of gold and emerald. I spent 2 days in the Costco car park and Walmart looking for it :frowning: The popo said to check all the local pawn shops as someone might find it and sell it, I gave up looking after a couple of months.

Yeah, I am over it now guys, one of the penalties of being a perfectionist, is sever disappointment when shit happens :persevere: Every timer now has tape over the switch now, but I am not going to say it will never happen again, never say never :zipper_mouth:

That’s good to know, maybe I should just shut them all down for 36 hours and re boot, they have been back on 12/12 since Saturday now, so not sure it will make a difference.

5 Likes

No picture update today, doing it tomorrow, been away for the weekend with friends.

Just got in and went to check the plants, the exhaust fan in my veg tent has died I think, tent was 4c over the limit and the fan was not on, checked the coontroler which seems ok :sob: I guess I will have to replace it.

4 Likes

Reminds me of that day I spent as an air conditioner.

I wasn’t a fan.

4 Likes

Lol yeah, if it was summer I would be doing the same thing, so I guess I am lucky being able to leave the tent door open 6 inches at the top, to keep it around 78f. Couple of leaves tacoing but not much, just a little edge curl.

3 Likes

Update time.

In the clone cab, clones and seedlings are doing OK the 4 TER were topped the other week but only 2 decided to split into 2 stems and 2 staying as they were :confused:

The Hog and DHXC99 clone seem to be doing ok as I have had them under the dome on the cloner, with 4 more DHXC99 cuttings, 2 of the longer stems have roots starting, the 2 smaller stems nothing yet.

I also topped the 2 adopted plants as well from HardRock

The Moms are doing OK apart from the one in the back corner, I chopped them all back a little while ago and its back up on the ceiling again.

Changed things up in the Veg Tent.

The Blueberry CBD got some branch bending, needs watering now, Haven’t watered them for 5 days to make the branches bend instead of snap.

Didn’t work for the G99, the branch just cracked, it has very woody stems, this was one of the branches the got snapped when I dropped the pot. Not sure what I am going to do with this plant now. The 2 broken branches are still struggling to get enough food up to the leaves while the back branch is doing very nice. I think I may take some clones and just transplant it to a 5 gal pot,for the time being and maybe have a crack at using it for seeds or just cut it off lower down and start again with it, at least the roots will be really big by then, so it wont take long to get some more good branches going.

The Green Crack from HardRock going well.

My new tower fan, $10 bucks on facebook market place :slight_smile: I think I am going to swap it with the pedestal fan in the Flower room, as that fan is very close to the DHXC99 and giving it a bit of wind burn, and I have plenty of room in here atm. Need to clean all the dead alfalfa leaves off the floor as well.

The old fan which I robbed out of a leaky humidifier, is now temporarily replacing the extraction fan that died over the weekend, and as its getting colder its not to much work for it to keep the temps down in there in the mid 70"s.

In the Flower Room.
Things are recovering from the light fuck up thankfully.

The lone Blueberry cough in the corner starting to look like its happy for once lol. I may switch it with the Big Bang as its gaining height and the Big Bang is starting to stretch away over Sebs Rev.

Sebs Rev at the back, Big Bang at the front, not getting as much wind burn as the Doc HolidayXC99.

DHXC99 starting to bush up well now, getting some big old leaves on her, going to take some to press and dry for canagars.

Big Bang #1 showing a bit of N toxicity.

Big Tut at the back seems to be bulking up again after a week of 12/12 and looking frosty, I have increased the epsom salts for this plant, and the Blue Heaven, and it seems to have slowed the leaves yellowing, but that could also have been from the lights being on 24 hours a day for 14days.

Blue Heaven bulking up as well, and getting really frosty, but either doesn’t like the fan being in close proximity, or the light is a bit close. Once I switch the fan from the Veg tent out with this one, we will see if that helps.

18 Likes

I think I am going to put my Flowering plants in 36 hours of dark to re set them, the Tut and Sebs Rev seems to be re vegging and I am not seeing any pre flowers on any of the others after 11 days of 12/12 now. I think I will go out and see whats going on after lights out, may have a new light leak somewhere I don’t know about. Fucking things getting me all paranoid now :frowning2:

9 Likes

Well I just went out to the flower room, and the new led was still burning bright :angry:

I didn’t fuck up the timer setting after all, it’s just a fucked up brand new timer, with a faulty switch, it’s turned off now, on the floor with an axe through it, piece of shit garbage.

Note to self, don’t assume anything works until tested.

Well that’s 25 days of constant light, no wonder the Tut is sprouting 3 finger leaves from the top of her buds, can’t fucking believe it.

Well they are going into 36+ hours of dark now. See if we can get back on track without any more casualties.

9 Likes

Ouch, that sucks! Hopefully the dark period will accelerate them to switch back faster, I’ve heard more and more about it recently.

Maybe time to switch to a digital timer? I had 3 mechanical timers fail on me during grows and have since switched away from them.

4 Likes

Yeah,. I have one I use for the cloner as it only needs to be on 3 minutes every hour, that usually needs a new set of batteries every 9-12 months, which would probably cause me the same problem when they run down lol.

This timer came free with the HPS 600w light I bought at the beginning of the year, I have another that is unopened as well, from the previous 600w HPS I bought, I will be binning that one as well.

It will be interesting to see how the Tut copes, the blue heaven is stunted but no leaves re growing, same for the Sebs Rev, the rest never got any 12/12 do they will be ok.

3 Likes

The battery timers are actually quite good. My buddy used one for RDWC as his system was gravity and he just swapped batteries every grow to ensure it never went dead an tbh like £5 every 3-4 months I don’t find too bad for peace of mind. That said I use digi timers but I use timer boxes not the plug in plug ones if that makes sense :joy:

4 Likes

Ganja You can look for one of these
A metal detection probe
This is a cheap one but could help pin point which pot ring is in

If you are in no rush on Ebay you can order from China Free shipping for around 11 dollars US

3 Likes

I knew it

LOL BigFoot 101

8 Likes

Shit bro, you’re having a tough go with timers.
I don’t trust the damn things, at all. I check EVERY night

4 Likes

I had so much trouble with the cheap plastic ones I replaced them with Pool Timer
Full mechanical heavy duty ones
Similar to this
Work great never had a litght out or on when I did not want them to be

I hard wired it in with outlets for appropriate wattages for lights and fans being used.

12 Likes

Power has bee off since 4pm yesterday, supposed to be back on in another 2 hour’s but I am not holding my breath.

House is cold lucky it’s plus 2 outside and not minus temps. My flower plants will be thinking they are in a nuclear winter with no light for 24 hours so far and such low temps.

3 Likes