A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Power is back on when I checked my veg plants this morning, the tent was the warmest place in the house. It’s amazing how much heat a 10 gal pot will hold onto.

Going to take some CBD oil, smoke some GDP, and go and shovel the end of the drive, the snow ploughs have burried, don’t know how the daughters boyfriend got out this morning without damaging his front spoiler. He was too lazy to clear it himself.

6 Likes

Man we barely got any snow just strong winds and rain. My basement was some wet this morning.

Glad to see you’re back up and running. Power outages are lame.

4 Likes

That’s the longest we have been without power since we moved here 12 years ago. Made me think about another form of heating not electrical related. In the UK you can get propane gas heaters, but for some reason not in Canada, well not in NS anyway.

5 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of propane heaters around but I guess never directly in stores. Been seeing buthane ones alot lately at the hardware stores but yeah it’s nice to have a backup. I have propane heat in the camper and wood heat in the garage so I just retreat there during outages

3 Likes

I will have to have another look, it was probably 5-6 years ago I last looked properly. I have seen the things that just screw on to the top of the canister, but not the ceramic type we had in the UK.

4 Likes

How are ya chomppers doing?

3 Likes

Still bugging me but no where near as bad, gum is a bit sore after eating, and my lip at the corner of my mouth, is constantly sore, and has a numb spot further down on the inside. Fuck knows what has happened to it, I have another check up for it next week.

4 Likes

Well the flower plants have had 40 hours of dark the timers are re set and coordinated together, heater has been fine tuned to keep the temps at 72f after lights out.

Tut, blue heaven and Sebs Rev have re veged, so I am not sure what is going to happen with them, they may all hermie knowing my luck atm.

5 Likes

Update time.

Veg plants now have the clones mothers and seedlings in with them, I pulled the the light out of the clone cab and added it to the veg tent, set a heater up in there for night time now its getting colder at night.

They all seem to be doing OK except the Hog clone, is looking a little down in the dumps, not sure its going to make it. I have given up worrying about it if it goes it goes I have lots more seeds to pop and replace the strain with.

The Blueberry CBD got bent up last week and is starting to bush up very well with lots of tops starting on it. The G99 in the back comer has sprung to life after I cracked a branch last week trying to bend it, I may do the other branches this week, it will make a very big bush if I don’t kill any branches in the process.

In the flower room everything is back to the start of the flower cycle again now.

Blueberry cough looking really happy, may thin the leaves out after its finished stretching.

Then we have the Big Bang #2 a little pale looking but apart from that in good shape.

Top view of Big Bang #2 not sure how big these get but its about 30 inches atm.

Side view of the Doc Holiday X C99, its about 30 inches atm as well.

Top view of it its about 2 ft across the top atm, this could get interesting if it hulks out like Painted fire says they do :cold_sweat:

Then we have the Big Bang #1 at the back, that’s taller than the Doc Holiday atm.

Then the Blue Heaven a little re veg happening on this one, lots of trichs hoping it will start to chuck out more pistils and start bulking up again.

The Tut looking really fucked up with leaves coming out of the buds all over it :frowning:

I tried re vegging 2 plants unsuccessfully and now due to the faulty timer I have 2 pretty much fully re vegged, got to watch what I wish for and be more specific, the universe is listening lol.

20 Likes

Found a way better deal out here in Chilliwack. Got 5 sets of used gear for $60 each. Each set is a 600W dimmable ACE digi ballast, lightly used Hortilux Super HPS bulb and a batwing style reflector with the proper cords. 3 for me and 2 for my buddy back home. I only need 2 but always like having a spare.

Once I get home in a few days will put up some pics etc.

:peace:

7 Likes

I’ve revegged a lot of plants over the years and if they didn’t hermie the first go 'round they won’t on the 2nd and even 3rd go either.

I should be home in 3 days or so.

Glad to hear you’re healing up!

7 Likes

Thats awesome dude. Im very curious. Sounds like you got a great deal. I love ooen reflectors. I just aim a fan an voila. Cant wait to see it together.:+1:

3 Likes

Don’t hold your breath for the new setup as it’s yet to be built. ATM I do have a 4’ Hindu Kush plant vegging under a 400W Philips CMH bulb laid over doing a ScroG thing and once home I figure I’ll be flipping to flower a week or two later under one of the 600s.

Just before leaving almost two weeks ago I up-potted from a 1Gal to a 7Gal pot with Promix HP and various organic additions like sheep and steer manures plus worm castings and myco. I want a half elbow off this sweetheart so we shall see how that goes.

I have almost everything needed to build the addition to my existing grow room other than a few sheets of OSB and a 16" wall mount fan. I will for sure be posting pics as it progresses. 2 of the 600s will be joined back-to-back and riding on my 6’6" Light Rail 4.0 to light up the 8’6" x 4"6" flowering area. The space will be tapered from 7’ to 5’ wide with a curtain made from Panda film to get the 4 and a half foot wide grow space and leave room for me to get back and forth.

They had sold all the reflectors when I got back to buy more so gave me a deal on a pair of silver shorty ones that are barely long enough for the bulb ends not to stick out. Perfect! Buddy can have the two white ones I got on my first visit.

My main grow area is in a very cool basement so I never need AC tho I’ve yet to have 2 - 600s and a 1000W HID going at the same time. I tend to time so I’m not doing so much during the warmish 2 months we call summer up north. Freeze your ass for 8 months and doge mosquitoes for 4. Or as said often 8 months of winter and 4 months of lousy sledding. :wink:

Most of those sleds can hit 60+mph too. lol

6 Likes

60mph+250lbs=☠. Im still recovering from a dirt bike crash. I broke my tailbone had 2nd degree road rash. Fuckin hell… I guess I can roll off a sled. That Sonny Bonno shit makes me nervous. Lol. Lemmie stop.

4ft Hindu Kush! Youre in for it. Lol. I wish you were my neighbor. Ayyy bro can I borrow a cup of kush. We only got haze n xanax. JK.

Sounds like you enjoy forestry. I dont know if ill go that big any more. I like a variety of smoke so I mix it up a bit. The downside is every plant is their own diva. Some are down right belligerent. Hope it all works for you. Let me know when you get back. Id love to see those Hindu’s in action. Ill grow some some day. :call_me_hand:
-J

Whats up @Shadey? How you feeling bro? Big trashbag growing ass. :grin::+1:

6 Likes

Yeh I am not too bad thanks buddy, Keeping myself busy painting pictures for Christmas presents atm. I struggle to keep up with your grow thread, every day there is like an hours reading lol. Hows the organic soil experiment doing for ya?

4 Likes

Hi Lab you’re certainly on a roll with the good deals on grow equipment. Looks like all systems go when you get back.

Yeah, but did you put them into flower for 4 weeks, re veg for 3, and then put them straight back into flower again lol.

3 Likes

Going good bud. I ramble too much and post shitty pics. :blush: Im gonna work my thread into a respectable formatted grow thing. Just picking the next set to run.

The soil is awesome, but like everything a small container is going to get used up faster so theres a happy medium along with the height im playing with. Cant complain though bud. Cool youre staying busy. Nice chatting with ya. Be safe.

6 Likes

Damn that looks like one of the aliens from Simpsons in a futerama head glass.
Been looking everywhere for one of those how much?

2 Likes

Crashed my '70 Bonney chopper in '83. Got a serious compression fracture in my lower back and a wired up elbow out of that. Lost an inch and a half in height too. 5’8" now. lol

Just slipped on the steps here last night going out for a smoke and landed on my tailbone. Really sore today but being 3 sheets to the wind didn’t help.

3 Likes

The only thing I can think off that you are talking about, is the dome on my cloner. If it is that, then in was $2 something at the dollar store.

9 Likes