A word about censorship

That’s why most hobby/misc. stuff threads are located in the smokers lounge and away from cluttering the growing threads.

There’s a reason for that, grow info and logs and such stay in the appropriate indoor/outdoor/advanced growing topics to keep all grow related things together… whether the grow or info thread stays on track is another thing but that again brings light to Original Posters of the thread being able to moderate their own threads to a degree.

For example, we’ve went over people starting drama in another users original thread… if that thread belongs to that user and they tell the other user they’d prefer if they didn’t post in said thread, it would be courteous to respect OPs wishes in their thread… if it continues past that then OP should flag @moderators or @TeamOG and we will happily come try to handle the situation.

I love that people are here for a purpose and find those with similar interests within the community and to take away the other off-canna stuff some user posts about from their everyday life experiences would take away the sparkle of this fine place and turn it into a vanilla ice cream sundae with vanilla sauce and vanilla sprinkles in a plain old cone and where’s the flavor in that.

I love yall and yall keep me moving through the day. I’d love to be able to keep it that way

As far as the solution you posted… it would be nice to just leave that laying around… but think of this… someone that has never been here types in a broad search term for grow advice and three of the links that pop up are heated arguments within the site with flaming and repeated attacks…

Does that make the person who has never been here come here and sign up and become a member and if so, is it for the grow reasons or to continue some discussion they feel the need to advance their side on?

That’s why even the shark tank was a locked thread and unfindable through searches because that wasn’t the message we were trying to convey as a site.

20 Likes

It already HAS those separate areas…called the smokers lounge…many of us frequent it and enjoy the interaction there with little to no hassles.

4 Likes

Your post triggered me, but probably not in the way you think. It’s true that every place online that practices moderation has a tendency to become controlling and even irascible about their rules.

You’re not even allowed to discuss science on most sites because there are ignorant and fragile people who get offended by logic that disagrees with their world view.

I’m on a bunch of cannabis sites. If I get censored in the way you described, I will just close my account on that site.

7 Likes

Nope. Because all that happens is people who won’t want to join this place because of political shit isn’t allowed won’t. But open Pandora’s box with an area that allows it and the shitbirds will flock to it, then when they feel like they have imparted enough of their bile they consider wisdom they will immediately begin dropping subtle but obvious political crap in grow related threads thinking how cute and pensive they are. Seen it on riu and ic and it’s a reason lots of refugees from those places migrate here. I did. Don’t say it won’t happen because that is EXACTLY how it will happen.

6 Likes

I believe @Lady.Zandra63 was referring to non-cannabis related topics, such as:

The divisive topics are still not allowed in this area, just off topic content that helps us bond and enjoy each other’s knowledge about other topics.

Please correct me if I assumed incorrectly :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I think this is a good read for those who joined later … ejem|nullxnull

11 Likes

THIS

3 Likes

Well said! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Your second paragraph displays perfect your hypocrisy since “those people” don’t see it YOUR way and only deserve scorn and ridicule and I’m sure they feel same way about you. But you just KNOW you opinion is the one true opinion. Do you even get that ??
So you close your account and either make another one or not but all the political comments you make are still there like the chaff in the wheat.

2 Likes

I feel he is is talking about those that see real peer reviewed science and refute it because they feel it is wrong.
They refuse to see the truth, even when documentation has been offered.
Some folks you just can’t reach.
Those people…

The topic of cal/mag comes to mind.
A true professional grower/horticulturist will laugh at the concept of a bottle of cal/mag.

But you say that on these boards and you get flamed, flame for speaking the truth.
So there is that…

5 Likes

Boron bro.

6 Likes

11 Likes

We are probably talking about apples and oranges here. Any debate about growing methods are not an issue and science behind GROWING is always evolving. I will go out on a bit of a limb on thinking the “science” has nothing to do with growing in this reference. I said it and I’m done on this letting any kind of political discussions be it red vs blue, weather, bud light, or a laundry list of many cultural issues being hot topic fodder that will only cause issues here. Some will use benign topics not grow related as a Trojan horse to leverage it into their pet social justice warrior cause.

1 Like

And when they do, the mods take action. What are we driving at here? The rest of us can not enjoy ourselves with civil conversations about other topics because of a few bad actors?

8 Likes

Yeah I have to agree. I’m in a thread about chickens. Hahaha. And not one time has anything gotten ugly…no weed pics just chickens. We can act like adults every once in a while

7 Likes

I didn’t get that one either. We appreciate you toasty. You’re honest.

2 Likes

Truth!

Just to be off topic in a thread, here’s Barb (short for Barbecue) striking a very judgy pose.

14 Likes

It is funny most times real peer reviewed science agrees with the boron guy. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

You are kind of twistin words, and missing many points…
They are NOT saying to remove all catagoris not pot-themed…because many, like music, art, food, etc…are directly affected bythe use of pot- and/or the experience of a good high influenced by your activities and sensory input.
THOSE are NOT the same as Politics, religion and ‘anti-this-that-and-the other thing’’ rants against certain groups of people someone see’s as a threat to their way of thinking or way of life.
YES- rants about laws and groups directly connected to growing/legalization are supposed to happen here, and MAY get heated-- but are NOT the same as people ranting against political figures/groups, religions, incomes, races of people, LGBTQ etc…
.THOSE are what are a NO-NO.
If you wouldn’t (or shouldn’t, but are too dumb to know better) Start the argument with a group of strangers of all ages. races, etc… in person- then don’t do it here.
THAT was the pont.

12 Likes

Interestingly, I don’t recall ever seeing this before -

I’m not really sure I understand exactly what that means. Clearly it does not mean individual posts by different OGs must be 4 hours apart. I’m going to do something people often say not to do - I am going to assume it means a particular individual must wait 4 hours between post, or something else I’m just not seeing?

I will attempt to make a second post immediately after posting this one. You will hear back because I want to know. It’s obviously all about me! :rofl:

Update - I was correct.

8 Likes