ADHD, Cannabis, Life

I have some experience with stimulants and agree with you. You don’t need to be pepped up, you need to chill out.

It can take some time to get it dialed in right. In fact, it can make it worse if you’re on the wrong drugs.

2 Likes

ADHD can be like a super power. I was diagnosed in HS, but always had the same comments on report cards and parent teacher conferences as you. If you figure out how to leverage the “lock” that happens when you find something new you enjoy, it can be very useful.

1 Like

Do you leave all the cupboard doors in the kitchen open if/when you get distracted? Mrs Foreigner does this and it drives me nuts sometimes.

2 Likes

Hahah yes. My partner was just giving me shit because she banged her knee on my dresser that alwayshas open drawers. She has hit her knee in the dark so many times I feel bad. But I can’t stop!

2 Likes

We’ve had this discussion many times. It’s just something she can’t do. And that’s fine. But I still give her an evil stare when I close them slowly and with malice.

2 Likes

Hard yes. All the time. I can be a giant adhd mess at times.

1 Like

I am the designated cleaner upper of shit around here.

Another one is she doesn’t realize that the job is not done until clean up is done. We put together an ikea unit awhile back which assembled pretty quickly but the Allen keys and screwdrivers and bits and instructions were around the apt for weeks until I dealt with it.

1 Like

That’s a seperate task. The adhd had to move onto the next task, that’s not the cleaning up part.

1 Like

I take Vyvance. I like it. I have severe combined type ADHD. Got diagnosed 5 years ago at 49. Started out taking 30MG went up to 70MG and back down to 30MG. 30MG is the perfect dose for me. I don’t feel the speedy effects. It just works. I also don’t take it on Sunday. So just 6 days a week. Not taking on Sunday resets the brain. :100:

5 Likes

Yeah I get it. I see her brain spinning in that direction. She has way more energy than me. Like to go go go all day. We are a good team.

It’s funny. What’s a personality trait and what’s a dysfunction? Hard to tell sometimes.

4 Likes

I was prescribed ritilin(?) and that stuff was like crack so I just haven’t taken meds for it since then. I find to be successful at work and in other things I need to give myself a sporadic (see the thought switched before my fingers could write it) schedule, it just works better for me and I get way more stuff done. Of course you have to navigate through a ton of crap to get to the point where you have the flexibility to do that. It’s not been an easy road.

4 Likes

My wife hates it because I am much much much more of a morning person than her. Shes a saint.

1 Like

My life is a lot easier on Meds. :100:

4 Likes

Hell ya man, whatever works. Our bodies are funny like that how not everyones system reacts the same way to medications.

4 Likes

Mine is a morning person too and it’s nice because she leaves me alone for a few hours.

Drugs are really hard to dial in. That’s your business but I’d tell you that there are many families of stimulants and they will all take trial and error and one might never work for you, but one might.

Trust me, I know a thing or two about drugs.

3 Likes

Yea I’ve been through all that and just don’t want to do that. That’s not to disuades others who have found success from doing it, but for me personally I don’t like it.

4 Likes

And fair enough. It’s your decision to make.

I have a weak stimulant I use for very specific circumstances but it took awhile to figure out and I take it rarely.

2 Likes

I’m out of likes but I hear ya. They are valuable tools for a lot of people.

3 Likes

Hmm I am still experimenting and titrating to the right dose right now. I got just tired on 20 mg, 30 mg seems to give me a tiny bit of energy and the idea of starting tasks that I don’t necessarily want to do seems less daunting. I just picked up a scrip for 40mg so we will see how that goes.

5 Likes

Yeah I have accomplished so much in these last months compared to beforehand… maybe its a crutch but thats ok for me as it has improived my life so much.

2 Likes