Do some of you get "Paranoid?" .. Or is it just me?

Hello Overgrow!.. Anyways, Is it me, or do you guys get paranoid smoking that dank? I know if I smoke more than a bowl of my Glass Slipper(mostly sativa) Im a total basket case… lol. Does this happen to you?? And what strains makes you “Overthink” or gives you that “Uneasy” feeling? … I think this will be extremely interesting. Im totally into how us human beings play out. Thank you kindly. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Im curious about this. I dont get paranoid though. Mostly when I partake, I just get sleepy :slight_smile:

I did grow some Blue Dream I had to harvest early, and that stuff gives me a jangley, hyper kind of hi, which I do not enjoy at all.

5 Likes

Yep, and it took me years to admit it/figure it out. Weed, like anything, has a time and place (at least for me). There’s no need to get baked to go to work, the grocery store, or whatever other mundane tasks. I find that if I smoke and DO something interesting I’m fine, but if I smoke at inappropriate times then its not very much fun.

20 years in and this plant still has some lessons to teach me.

9 Likes

Yeah, any sativa will, and some indica sativa crosses will as well, CBD helps with this.

Edibles and concentrates, will if I don’t dose right.

I got injured at work 4 years ago in 2 days time, which has stopped me working. I am still dealing with workers compensation, going into debt at about $2000 a month, I get 650 a month on dissabillity pension.

So most of my anxiety is money based trying to help my daughter stay in University and not having to sell our house.

Compared to some people’s problems it’s nothing really, just a pain in the ass. I just don’t like the uncertainty, so usually if I over do it, I will start to get a feeling of dread come over me, like something really horrible is going to happen, then I remember to take some CBD oil and I am all good :flushed:

I also have an ability to step outside myself, dissociate with the emotions, and kind of observe where it’s coming from and why, once I understand the connection it usually passes depending on the strength of the weed, and the CBD kicking in.

13 Likes

Great replies!! :+1: Ya, i have a phobia about smoking around people I dont know very well. Iam VERY hyperactive, and I usually like joking around and being silly when im stoned. But, it seems like most people I smoke with dont talk … And it kinda frustrates me at times, and I lose that “good” vibe. Then my mind plays tricks on me. What are they thinking about me , etc, etc… LOL Maybe Im a whack job?.. I dunno. I have bent over backwards for all my friends. I have rescued people out of burning buildings, fixed my buddies cars on the side of the freeway numerous times in the middle of the night, bailed friends out of jail, lent money, and I help almost anyone In need of assistance. I feel that Im a good seed. Also, Iam a firm believer in the Lord. When I was younger, I used to sell coke, and had everything I’ve ever wanted. Then, the Judge took away my freedom. I dont have any enemies that Im aware of, but my mind plays tricks on me. And its only when I smoke that Sativa variety… If Im not stoned on the Sativa, my thoughts are totally normal. The power of weed! … Amazing. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Your in my Prayers Shadey… It’ll all work out. Best wishes my friend. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cheers man. I have a philosophy, we are the captains of our ship and our thoughts and emotions create our personal reality. I created this problem because I did not want to change the job I hated, So my thoughts went out into the universe, and it created my escape, just not the way I would have liked lol, one needs to be specific with ones wishes :wink:. As I said, its the uncertainty and change that I dont like, but there may be somewhere much better, I can live, I just don’t know it yet :slight_smile:

10 Likes

@ Shadey,… Wow!.. when you said “Captains of our ship” it made the hairs on my arm stand straight up!!.. Ive been told the same exact thing when I was in the joint… And it stuck with me day after day, year after year.Its the one liner that stuck with me and made me somewhat succeed in life. You gotta have faith. I dont do well at all with changes… But, sometimes change is a good thing, if that makes any sense. I hate worrying more than anything. But, you know whats even worse, at least for me, … is when the girl and I argue. Rocks my World! You know what they say "Happy Wife=Happy Life… and its all so true. I have OCD, and i like everything to be, well… Perfect. We all do. I guess we should try to think only positive thoughts(sounds easy), and lay off the sativa varities, or smoke very little. I dont mind Indica, but it kinda makes me lazy, and I hate feeling “paralyzed” or “unmotivational” by anything. I like to be in control of my surroundings, and be alert. Probably why I dont drink much… hmm. Life is like a big movie,… And like Clint Eastwood once said> “What you put into life is what you get out” … But sometimes, we get that incident that reeks havoc into our lives, and we dont have any control of the situation. No one said life would be easy. Shadey, Everything will turn out for the Best. Good Karma coming your way. Mark my words!! Appreciate you. :relaxed:

4 Likes

You need some skywalker, and you won’t care who you are smoking with. Sativas are good, especially in daytime, outdoor activities. Skywalker is for you… or some Larry Og, anything purple like GDP. Strains with a equal ratio are anxiety killers. My bud has one called Medic, which is a 1:1 ratio at 16%.

7 Likes

@1BillionDollars Appreciate the reccomendations! Your absolutely correct about the purple strains… Never had a problem with em’. Although the many purps ive smoked gave me more of an indica high, which isnt always a bad thing, especially before hitting the hay… Thanks a Billion! :+1:

2 Likes

Somewhere along me journey shit changed, I used to smoke them young bucks under the table, now I’m a two hitter quitter. It is what it is.

BTW somewhere there is a thread on here that is asking basically the same question and some of the replies sounded all to familiar to what I was experiencing. It was a relief to know I wasn’t the only one.

8 Likes

I hear ya Man… I used to not care who I was hanging out with, and smoked tough!.. nadda problem!.. hahaha… Now I hit it, and quit it. I think the weed we smoke today has a much higher thc content. Then again, My GS strain is from 98, and it messes me up in a BIG way… Its that powerful Cinderella 99 Sativa…Funny thing is, Its pretty much the only strain my buddies wanna smoke. High rpm fun I guess… Some like Wine, and others like Energy Drinks? … LOL

2 Likes

I get this same feeling when I start getting chatty with the weed. People look disinterested and seem annoyed and I start wondering is it me? Am I being the asshole here? Then I realize, oh we are all just dealing with this weed differently and my mouth that wont stop probably isn’t helping with the high they are feeling which might also be paranoia or a racing mind for them. I still want to talk and joke though haha.

6 Likes

OMG! You hit the nail on the head!! Thats EXACTLY how i feel! You couldnt have worded your post any better… ha! Ya, Ive asked my girl if i act all stupid around people, and she says, No, you were fine, … or its all in your mind. Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes
5 Likes

I only get paranoid if I smoke while growing. I’ll quit smoking for a entire grow just to avoid it. Honestly think it’s a karma kinda thing of why I get aphids so often. I’m always bummed but also relieved when it happens. Why I need to pick a bunch of cuts and pop seeds in the future. Just so I can toss grows without thinking twice.

4 Likes

Skiball, SNS-209… for the win vato!

3 Likes

At some point I realized I need way less than others and I can feel great with tiny doses. I rarely get paranoid ever since, and if I do I take some CBD and/or chew some black pepper.

I thought only Indica works for me, but recently I am under the impression that Sativa could actually be better for me, as long as I microdose.

8 Likes

Yup, “Moderation is the key” … Thats pretty much what it all comes down too. Anything in excess is probably not good for any of us. Then again, sex is something I like to over do…That’ll never change! lol

2 Likes

OP, C99 will do that to you! Hey and once the talking stops and people do not meet eyes. It is a natural response to get freaked out. Don’t think you are doing anything wrong. Strawberry cough for me is like truth serum, two joints of that and the complete life story will be told. lol.

5 Likes