The Ultra-Low Tolerance Thread

We are a minority, but we are out there.

I am speaking about those of us who can get high AF off of shake.

4% THC ? I won’t complain. That is right about the perfect speed for me if I want to have more than 2 tokes.

20% THC or higher? 1 small toke can sometimes be too much.

Weirdest thing for me is - I wasn’t always like this. For at least a decade I was a fairly heavy daily user. Then I took about a 15 year break. When I came back to it, BAM! totally fucked off of 2 tokes.

Now that I am growing, I have way more than I can consume by the next grow. Yields are basically meaningless to me, because even .5g/w is more than enough.

It sort of sucks to have to be “careful” with most of the weed available on the market, and actually most of the weed I have grown is way more potent than I would prefer it to be.

The exception to this is the Cali-O x Durban that I grew out recently. I was very suspicious of it when it was growing because it foxtailed like a bastard and it had hardly any trichomes at all. But now that it is cured, I actually love it. Stick your nose in the jar and it smells like a freshly opened box of Fruit Loops. The best part, however, is that I can smoke half or more of an average-sized joint - you know really get into it and enjoy smoking - and it just puts a nice big grin on my face. No anxiety, no overthinking a million different things all at once. No self-loathing.

Just fuckin’ happy. That’s all I want from this plant.

So, anyone else with extreme sensitivity like this? Got some really weak but yummy strains you enjoy?

42 Likes

I’m the same. I’ve been smoking since the eighties, and was growing my own in the early nineties, and it used to be nothing for me to smoke an eighth on a normal day, but then I had kids and started a career in a highly technical field, so I gave it up for about ten years.

Then I started growing again legally for medical reasons and I find that I have a laughably low tolerance compared to most folks on the forums, and I actually kind of like it that way (except when I smoke too much of something stronger, and it triggers my anxiety disorder). I literally have more cannabis than I will ever smoke, despite getting as high as I want whenever I want. Good thing my wife has volunteered to take up the slack, LOL.

Smoked a bit of California Orange x Haze/Skunk from Sam Skunkman this morning - What are you smoking today?

17 Likes

Nice to meet you, Howard! Our stories are very similar, including the highly technical career and kids.

In a way it is nice to be so “efficient”. Like you say, there is always more than enough weed for me. But I really love the actual smoking - taste, smell, feel of the warm smoke, etc. I often end up overdoing it because I enjoy the actual smoking (or vaping) so much. Very weak strains make it possible to fully enjoy without the danger of feeling like shit.

12 Likes

Would CBD cut the effects of a strain that is too strong? I don’t take cbd often Bc well when I smoke I’m chasing the Casper the friendly ghost high. I struggle with some whack OCD where I obsess over numbers. When I’m stoned, I’m able to have a little mental break from this whack obsession. When I smoke and mix cbd, the cbd seems to regulate me from getting over the threshhold. Good luck guys

14 Likes

More or less the same here, used to smoke A LOT, started to spearfish/free dive. Smoke and these activities not mix, so started to smoke almost never. But the growing critter bite me, so I continued to grow, even smoking once a month.
Then tech career, kids and here I am. No more free diving, but still smoking on a weekly base. Very few puffs on my vaporizer and I am high as fuck.
Wife also smoke little. I have so much leftover that my few cannabis-friendly friends are not able to smoke the production. Will need to do extracts to save space.
As for paranoia/anxiety CBD, I am able to tame this beast mixing a very rich CBD strain on any other strain. At least works really well for me.
With this I get the “happy”/“peace” effect added to any mix that I tried so far. I LOVE to blend strains and check the curious effects that I get.

10 Likes

Kind of a weird thought, but perhaps w the ‘legalization’ and the ramifications of big pot getting into the mix, perhaps the boutique industry will cater to people like you and others. Meaning perhaps a breeder will focus on for instance, a low thc strain with a focus on a certain taste

10 Likes

It does for me, at least to an extent. Most of the stuff I grow is for my wife’s chronic pain, and as a consequence it is often too strong for me to properly enjoy a full joint or a few good pulls on the glass, so I often mix it with a high-CBD strain for myself, and leave the best and frostiest buds for my wife.

11 Likes

I’ve started exploring the idea of breeding just for myself, focusing on flavors and unique terp profiles above all else. I want something tasty, motivating, and introspective, in that order. Yield and “strength” are my lowest priorities for my own head stash.

11 Likes

Same here, I used to smoke quite to much back on my 16s/20s i did stopped and i find myself quite weak or either weed to strong… anywhere I’ve got my totally or prety much all my lasting harvest storage in the freezer

Honestly i don’t really want to get back to that days as I’m not feel quite well once I’m “high” not really because the indica effects, maybe I should try Sativa hybrids, but some times i find quite disturbing can’t control that mental activity,

So eventually I’ll get some CBD strains and work some lines , but also I don’t want to throw my money in something not really useful :joy::joy::joy:

As you can see the weirdest of the weird ones

7 Likes

Same here. I had a panic attack smoking once and since then I associate smoking too much with panic.

Before this I would smoke blunt after blunt after blunt.

It’s totally a case of feeling like smoking too much is going to cause the paranoia/anxiety and it’s a self fufilling prophecy.

Way I see it is it saves on bud and reduces the damage done to my body from smoking.

10 Likes

I fit in this club!

I can say without a doubt, I have an ultra low tolerance lol.

8 Likes

CBD moderates the effects of THC for me to a certain extent, but it isn’t magic.

The thing is, THC kicks in way faster than CBD, so even if a strain is 2:1 CBD:THC, lets say 12% CBD and 6% THC - if I smoke too much all at once I still get uncomfortably high for the fist 20-30 minutes. Then the CBD comes in and chills me the fuck out.

7 Likes

here i thought i was just a weirdo
same deal- used to smoke excessively, now only hit it once or twice every few hours and stay just as high. if i smoke too much i have a bad time. has anyone done any science on this? ive been curious as to why/how this happened for a while now

7 Likes

I’ve got a friend that has the same problem he damaged his spinal cord a few years back and his balance is way off ,add thc and he’s a danger even moving spots on the couch!
Finally have him using low thc high cbd with no adverse thc stumbles !
Now that rec allows 4 plants he’s wanting to grow his own ,weening his purchases from a shop eventually.

Any suggestions on a strain that fits the build is welcome ! Shiska

7 Likes

It’s all about tolerance. Take a little more each day and you will be able to handle higher amounts. If I take a month off i become a serious lightweight.

6 Likes

Those of you who have Netflix should check out a show called “Explained”. One of the episodes is called “Weed” and it is a quick look at why things have gone the way they have with weed.

There’s one quote from an older guy that made a lot of sense to me. Something to the effect of “Most people my age who still smoke want the milder stuff, but they can’t find it.” They also explain why the trend toward stronger and stronger weed will likely continue as big business gets into it - because they will cater to the biggest market segment, which is chronic stoners who smoke a lot of weed.

I think there is a real niche market opportunity to grow really high quality weed with much lower THC levels than what we find today.

16 Likes

Holy wow Batman and here I thought I was the only one. I have found my people.

15 Likes

I am a total lightweight. I do not smoke what I grow, it throws me into an instant panic attack, but my wife has zero issues.

Same as you @cogitech, and a lot of others here, I used to consume a lot of cannabis with no issues until I took a break of a few years. Funny thing is my wife took the same length break but to her coming back brought with it no issues.

I can tolerate a half-lentil-sized hoot out of a pipe if it is low on THC but that is about the limit…

Brains are funny.

EDIT: last time I took a dab, about three years ago, I forgot how to say “thank you” for the meal I was served and listened to my heartbeat intently for the balance of the dinner…

15 Likes

I’m actually really surprised by the turnout in this thread!

Welcome everyone! :smiley:

Let’s talk about which strains you all like the best. Ideally, we can start nailing down some low THC (CBD optional) strains and maybe start doing some chucking/breeding and see what we can come up with and share… :seedling:

9 Likes

I should send you some of this Cali-O x Durban I grew. I bet you could smoke at least 3 or 4 good tokes of it without any issues.

Before mods jump all over this, we both live in a legal country (same province actually) and I don’t think there is anything preventing me from sending a gift of cannabis through the mail in Canada.

Correct me if I am wrong.

10 Likes