Aerating water while mixing nutes(soil)

Never really payed alot of attention to water temp . I know it important for hydro but never really thought about watering temp for soil.

2 Likes

Well here where I live they pour the local drink (cider) so it splashes and oxygenates, so after shaking well the water with nutes I pour it to the watering can from high above so it oxygenates just before giving it to the plants, after having a DWC grow I know they love it … :sunglasses:

d214b

6 Likes

The warmer the water the less DO it can hold means the quicker Rez goes off
@george , yes just like @GramTorino waterfall , even rain picks up DO as it falls from a high also , the wind blowing on the surface of a lake will have same effect too
: )

5 Likes

DO? This just in…

PADDLE WHEELS are all the rage!

220px-Paddlewheel_aerator

I have one on order! jkjk lol

And for the power growers who need multi-paddles…

Srry, I needed a laugh.

4 Likes

I’m ordering a few of these wind up toy boats

4 Likes

Now you got me thinking there is a park with a big pond in it here where i live when i was a kid you could rent paddle boats and paddle bikes but they stopped it many years ago i was still a kid, thinking now if it was still operating how awesome it would be rent a paddle boat and pedal it around the pond while enjoying a few joints.

3 Likes

@GramTorino. , DO = Dissolved Oxygen
: )

2 Likes

Not in Ontario Canada. Chlorine is mandated. I have verified 4 different municipalities. So not chemicals required, just let it sit a day or so.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Huh good to know. It’s delicious whatever it is! Doug Ford’s finest blend :drooling_face:

1 Like

I aerate the buckets of rainwater sitting outside the growroom, just to keep the water ‘fresh’. What is this ‘mixing nutes’ hocus pocus??? Nothing worse than scuzz on your hose, pull out and use a stick, you sick bastards LOL

4 Likes

A nice to have for pre-mixing powder. Jacks, Megacrop, etc.
Wide mouth mason jars work great.

4 Likes

I think I still have that magnet capsule from college biochemistry thats just the coolest

1 Like

Reminds me of them cool vortex tea Brewers , I always wanted to make one
@GramTorino you could upgrade your waterfall to this maybe , just for the craic : )
Some good ones on YouTube
Uses an air stone tho

1 Like

That’s pretty cool. Ya, Ive seen the huge vortex dealio at a local hydro house. Nuts!
I’ve never brewed for my coco.

1 Like

Aint THAT the truth! I got a JEALOUS woman at home (though, if I called her that to her face, I’d be a SINGLE man!) But I can’t help it! These plant girls I got, seem to call to me, like you said, in the morning and ALL day! It is TRULY acts of WILLPOWER to refrain…

1 Like

I do aerate my water, as I have strainer balls hanging filled with Mosquito dunk bits enclosed in them.
I more use the agitation to help release the beneficial bacteria that kills larva. I’ve done this for 3-4 years now, to reduce the amount of gnats I get.
Between Tangle Trap spread on card board, I’ve not been over run in a long time now. I’ve been blessed with growing without using the harsh bug killers, or sprays. You never rid your areas, just keep them beat back as best you can.

4 Likes

I do similar with the mosquito dunks,they work wonderful to keep fungus gnats away.

Since I’ve been doing this the gnats are no longer a problem and one less thing to worry about

5 Likes

Hey pescador12, welcome to OG!!
Yeah, I’ve used them for many years in my outdoor fountains, to beat back the mosquito’s.
A few years ago, as I’m trying to understand the world of beneficial bacteria’s, that I realized the dunks would work on gnats.
I first used the round whole wafers, but the damn things would suck down into my watering can, and bitch up the flow out it. I stick a piece of old hose down over the spout on my water can, so my pour will reach the far plants. So when the wafer would slow the flow, I’d miss the damn pot.
I found the bits, and just fill up a 2" stainless steel strainer ball, and hang it over a big bubble stone. I only run my air pump 10 minutes ever 4 hours.
They have been just great for gnats.
Best of luck in your garden.

4 Likes

I don’t have running water in my grow room so I fill a trash can (a dedicated clean 30 gallon barrel) from a hose. I can scoop pitchers out of there but there’s less mess if I plug in an aquarium pump with a short length of tubing to move water from the barrel into the 5 gallon bucket where I mix nutes. This provides a bit of splash shortly before the plants get to drink.

I moved recently and found it interesting that my new municipal water supply typically uses chloromine but during warmer months they switch to chlorine “to reduce nitrification”.

3 Likes

Hey BarefootAndBlazed, Neither do I. Harbor Freight to the rescue. I found they have really nice dollies for sale there. I hit a time when they offered them for $7.50 a piece, I bought about 6-7 of them.
Hell you can not buy the wheels for that! I got all my heavy shit on them, or ready to go on one.
When I roll a bale of Pro Mix down the stairs, on the last step, I roll one under the bale and then I can roll it into either a storage area, or into another area where I mix up my medium at. Everything I blend into my medium gets stacked on a dolly to roll it not carry it.
Hey I’m old, I use all the helpers I can find or think up…however not all pan out, LOL!

4 Likes