Aerating water while mixing nutes(soil)

Typically I have 2 jugs of water with nutes premixed in ahead of time and have a aerator stone in jug that I switch between the 2 though mainly run in flower nuts jug. Both get shaken like a baby(I love that phrase ) before use though. Does it really do any good or is it bad to premix?

1 Like

@Deadinside88 As long as you ph and recheck ec , just befor use , its all good : )

3 Likes

Thanks, kinda what I figured but figured it was worth asking.

I don’t aerate…I mix a big batch of concentrated veg & bloom nutes with water ahead of times and keep them in old detergent containers like these…I usually give it a long hard shake before I pour it into a measuring cup and I use it…btw, these veg nutes are over 8 yrs. old…

3 Likes

I aerate my 5gal jug of RO water for a good hour before using it and have a half sized one with markings for litres I’ll pour that into then move the airstone over to keep things mixing as I add them. As I pull the airstone out with the air still on I spray it down with RO water to rinse off the nutes.

There’s also a 50W aquarium heater in there so the water is nice and warm around 80F to keep the micro-herd in the pots happy and active. A stick-on thermometer on the side of the big jug too. Different sized syringes for accurate dispensing of liquids and a little scale for dry stuff.

:peace:

2 Likes

…And a piece of styrofoam ~ that’s a thermal break from the slab :+1: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

That whole space is underground and the cement is pretty cold. Even colder half way up the walls when the ground is froze 5ft down. Never needed A/C tho. :slight_smile:

:peace:

2 Likes