Afghanistan how it’s grown

Gurdah :yum::yum::yum:

1 Like

I was going to say… I think I’ve rolled past that field in a Humvee.

I think that is wishful thinking. Those people have not changed (culturally) since Alexander the Great. They live a savage lifestyle.

6 Likes

So true
Peace out and stay aafe and prayers for the brothers and sisters still there

1 Like

Alex Cockers Poem

Says it all

Paz

Alex Cockers was born in April 1985. He was a Royal Marines Commando from 2005-2009 and served on Operation Herrick five and seven in Helmand province for a total of fourteen months.

How he came to write his poems. He explains, “During my fourteen months in Afghanistan, I had many feelings and thoughts that I was unable to share with anyone. Under the stars; in the desert, rhymes would manifest in my head. I would write them down, construct them into poems and somehow I felt better for getting it off my chest.”

The Brutal Game

I’m sitting here now
Trying to put pen to paper
Trying to write something
That you can relate too

It’s hard to relate
To my personal circumstances
I’m out here in Afghanistan now
Taking my chances

Read what you read
And say what you say
You wont understand it
Until you’ve lived it day by day

Poverty-stricken people
With medieval ways
Will take you life without a thought
And now we’re all the same
Each playing our part in this brutal game

Alex Cockersl,

4 Likes

So true!!! When stationed in Peshawar (in the '60’s), we would occasionally see bodies hanging from Power Poles. Our Pakistani Counterpart let us know we were in the “Tribal Area”, limited Government control, to include the Military. The different Tribes policed themselves, the Koran being the Law!!! With a majority of the population in that area being illiterate, that was the BEST mechanism to keep everyone in check. People travelled back and forth across the Border, no big demarcation between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Foot traffic, bikes, motorcycles, trucks all crossed at a two-man Border Crossing. When you see films/videos of the Marketplace, that is sooooo real!!! It’ll NEVER change, trust me. Family/Tribal allegiances prevail. They’ll tell you, “I’m Pashtu/Pashto”, not ever did I hear, “Pakistani”. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Cash talks !

I see why hash making is so popular here. I wonder what they do with the remaining plant material ? There’s a couple giant phenos in here.

Pashtunwali is their “code of conduct” and it’s been going on uninterrupted for 2,000+ years. No other nation has ever been able to subjugate them, just draw lines around them and call it “Federal Tribal Area”. They’ll never change, you’re 100% right it’s tribe over everything. Their own system for everything…like…violent Amish lol. Best left alone.

It’s a pretty interesting way to live, when the main tenets are “extreme hospitality to every guest” and “extreme revenge for every insult” haha.

8 Likes

Exactly and so very true when we went there i said to myself dont these fukin generals study history especially recent his
tory with the russians considering they couldnt do shit in the 80s and they were one of the most brutal fighting forces in the world

Peace out and stay safe

4 Likes

Three stars out of five…ye was ok , enjoyed it about the travel etc…but the author is a big hit for his self…always name dropping…ye ok…thought at the start was a road trip…

Paz

1 Like

He was kept to a page limit. There’s other books. Not mention clones he passed around here. You may remember a few of them…like cali-o.

1 Like

One love.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKrQWdihX9Y/?igshid=vg96h5izazma

2 Likes

Wow, looks super hard. Nice vid,Thanks :grinning:

1 Like

The Taliban are not that prevalent now in Kandahar not saying they have ceased to exist but from what i have read and heard from some of my afghan friends it’s a lot better now a days out there.

Six months to a year from now, the Taliban will be back in control, you’ll see a more “refined” return to authoritative rule. Mark my words, EVERY societal advancement will come to a screeching halt. They know the Western Powers aren’t going to re-engage. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Just my two cents, I feel bad for the Middle East. They’re targeted by the global cabal for their resources and war making money machine. There’s a reason many regions around the world are poverty stricken and it all ties back to the cabal. Yes their corrupt government doesn’t help either since they are tied to these forces and probably hands are forced. There is hope after seeing history Made with peace deals, but this spiritual war on our planet will not resolve easily.

4 Likes

I have to agree. Safest bet historically speaking. May not be the Taliban specifically but it’ll appear more or less the same to outsiders. Probably even more fervently anti-Western Powers and can you really blame them?

Trillions wasted and hundreds of thousands dead mostly poor Afghan people who had nothing to do with anything…and it’ll all be less than pointless within a few years. That’s assuming the people that started the war weren’t just using “liberation and nation building” as anything but a pretext.

Hell, I say let the world grow up around them. They’ll modernize when they want to. They don’t want to be bothered and they know what other nation’s “help” looks like.

5 Likes

Opium to the left, weed on right.

That’s me closest to the cam

18 Likes

There have been armies try to conquer this part of the world for centuries.
Not much success for any of these armies. They may not want progress
like western countries. As far as cultivation of cannabis this place is ideal.
I’ve seen pics of fantastic fields of green. :peace_symbol:

4 Likes