Campaign against marijuana planting

Hello, I have been reading about this recently. War in the woods and similar…

Can anyone give me first hand experience of these raids etc…

Just seems crazy to me that guys would drop from the sky onto plantations etc and steal (confiscated) crops!

Here in the UK the only people you had to really worry about taking your crop was a lucky rambler/walker!

1 Like

Stop reading about it, turn off the news, and light one up. :green_heart:

9 Likes

Haven’t read about it… but seems very excessive for weed…considering most of the WORLD is coming to accept it as a legal, helpful plant!!

1 Like

Armed men dropping from the sky in the middle of the night… Excessive is an understatement. But yeah it seems great that might be coming to an end. In that book I mentioned the guy is so smug…
We used a helicopter and 50 cops, ten dogs and several million dollars to get these crops… That had a retail value of half what we spent… We’re
so great!

On another website someone answered my question with a passage from a magazine for growers in Humboldt… That he was involved in.

It showed how corrupt these raids were… Cartel controlled farm with protection ignored for years until someone got shot at Their gate…
Small guy growing forty plants( yes selling it to dealers) got raided every two or three years for best part of thirty years!

If anyone does have experience of this madness post here or message me.

Hi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A few years ago here in Georgia, the police raided what turned out to be some old lady’s (in her 70s) okra patch. We’re talking helicopters, SWAT teams, the whole 9 yards. Some people got in real trouble over that. Not nearly as many as should have, and not nearly as much trouble as they should have been in, but at least someone admitted to making a mistake. Suffice it to say they’ve been very cautious, especially lately. The police departments here are already understaffed and have only recently has there even been a pay raise.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s still totally illegal in the south but imagine what they could do with all those stoner tax dollars… But then what reason would the police have to pull over all those obviously criminal black/Latino/ don’t like your face type people.

The hypocrisy of illegal in so many places but legal in others… It’s either a gateway drug or not!

3 Likes

In all fairness, I understand why people here are against legalization. Drug legalization is synonymous with those who caused chaos in a number of cities a couple of years ago. People see that and want no part of it, and understandably so. While that doesn’t make it right, you can understand.
The truth is it’ll be de facto legalized long before the law actually changes, if it hasn’t already. Plus, Gen-X’ers are moving into positions of authority, and the rank and file are often millennials. While policy says the opinions of the officers has no effect on how the law is enforced, the fact is it very much does affect how they do their jobs. Just so we’re clear, I’m not saying anything bad about millennials. They practice the sort of tolerance we Gen-X’ers could only dream of back in the 90s.

1 Like

Without the “war on drugs” there isn’t the “military industrial complex” entering into those fabulous partnerships with the civilian enterprises (like the weapons manufacturers etc.), which in turn means

War = $$

Always has, always will. In fact, it’s a business model for every single government on earth.

1 Like

War is a racket. What’s happening now is the same thing that helped precipitate the fall of Rome. Multi-zillionaires aren’t content with making billions in the private sector, so now they’re looting the treasury.
The fact is our country (and indeed the world) is doing everything historians, political scientists, economists and the very sporadic military general with a conscience recommends AGAINST doing. I’ve read the Bible, the Constitution, The Art of War (Sun Tzu), only to discover the most ardent followers of those documents know very little about them, let alone apply them. It doesn’t make sense…until you realize exactly what it is they’re doing: wringing every last dollar out of the situation they can.

1 Like

And even then - every last dollar will not amount to anything. Jesus Christ WILL judge this planet, it is what it is.

Everyone needs to get in the life raft now (the Cross of Jesus Christ), or suffer the consequences of rejecting Him.

It’s a truth that no one really wants to hear much anymore, but that doesn’t make it any less true!

Please try to keep the thread on track. Please keep the replies to growing pot. No political or religious opinion is always best. Thanks.

4 Likes

Bro with the title “campaign against marijuana planting” as the thread name I reckon our members will either ignore and move on or attack the person that started the thread. Either way it goes I couldn’t care less. 🤷

1 Like

Thanks bro. Such a useful input.

Anyway… If anyone does have anything on the actual subject that would be great… Books articles etc. I recently found the published results of the campaign in the 90s in Cali… Their own results showed that all they did was highlight that you could grow weed in the national parks and had very little chance of being caught… And that basically invited the gangs to do it and stop bringing it across the border.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean any disrespect. I’m uk. EVERYTHING here is illegal. For me. Our war on cannabis is stupid BUT its in my interest it stays this way. Here an oz of mids at best sells for £150. In the USA you’d be lucky if you get $50 for the same oz. If you ask for an opinion don’t give our members your shit if our opinion doesn’t match your. Opinions are like assholes. We’ve all got one. :+1:

1 Like

Well said and proven.

I’m in the UK also and where i live if you can find someone to sell you an Oz your looking at 200 and that’s if!

1 Like

The biggest “gateway” drug is none other than tobacco. One estimate is that people who use tobacco are some 30 times more likely to try cocaine. Our ridiculous alcohol restrictions in the USA push alcohol into the black market, where people are exposed to all manner of illegal substances.
Bringing down the ban-hammer doesn’t get rid of anything. It pushes it underground, and beyond any pretense of law or regulation. Of course, the mentality of the average American is that drug users are breaking the law, thus forfeiting their protection under it.

Yep and into the hands of people who only want to make money.

Portugal has a great system… Not conviction but treatment is the answer to hard drugs… And saves lives. Stops crime etc.

1 Like

Portugal’s policy make entirely too much sense to ever be implemented in the US. No offense, but I don’t have high hopes that the UK will adopt a more sensible drug policy like Portugal, either.

Not a chance, more likely we will go the other way. And be the only country to still be illegal!

The only chance is the folks that run the country live/love/need to make money to feel validated and they see the opportunity to get richer by legalising and being the ones to make the rules… Which will obviously benefit them most!

1 Like