Kandahar connection

Now i wad reading a thread earlier about someonecwho went to afghanistan in 1973 now we cant go as travelers and dam me if i didnt tjink of this while i wad there…how many of us here have brothers sisters cousins etc who are currently there as i write this…can the ones who are there collect and or gather some of tge best canibis seeds on the planet andcsend them.back here to be distributed and grown out to create even more seeds of course those sending them back could be compensated in some way not to mention other parts of the world where we have tjose realatives in the military my son was there about a year ago and stoooopd me didnt have him collect any plus anything sent stateside from a combat zone is postal free

Peace out and stay safe

6 Likes

Unfortunately, I think you’re going to be hard pressed to find that many servicemembers in Afghanistan with the same access and opportunities to collect seeds now that they once had years ago. Once things started drawing down out there, a few years ago, the operational environment and battle rhythm changed a lot. The operational paradigm shifted away from the ‘presence patrols’ and those constant, time wasting Shuras, to more targeted infrastructure based operations and seemingly unending ‘drawdown ops’. It’s not that it’s impossible; there are just far fewer opportunities to come across and casually collect seeds without all that traditional patrolling and with so many fewer people there. The people that are in the best opportunity to do that currently are often on the unconventional side of things.

It’s not as impossible to go to certain areas as the State Dept’s wording would have you believe. Borders, as you know, basically don’t exist in the FATAs or anywhere out there, for that matter. It’s only a shame that things seem to be going in the wrong direction, in terms of safety and stability, in the region.

4 Likes

Talk of Kabul by Bodhi comes to mind. IIRC, he wasn’t all that impressed…discussed in The Potcast shows. Seems like he compared it to a weak kush or Iranian LR.

There’s some Afghan beans around here for sure.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

Indian Land race has some kandahar hitting the scene atm , hard to find a source but they are releasing a bunch.

2 Likes

Hit up Real Seed Company/kwikseeds, Exsitu, or Indian Landrace Exchange. Be an awful lot easier/cheaper. It’d be a wonderful place to visit if you could afford a security detail.

3 Likes

My buddy was there for a decade.
He brought back a bunch of seeds from many of their provinces.
He said they were all crap and he scrapped the project.
He did find something nice in Paktika (origin of BB and GDP) and crossed it to GDP - that was epic.
But that was all he found worthy.

If you look at the breeding world from the late 60’s through the 2000’s there are only a few Afghans that many many breeders found worthy to keep and breed with - '71 Kandahar, Afghan T, Afghan s, MiS(Skunk), Afghan #1, Ortega, Alien Tech.
Many of the stellar hashplants from Afghanistan are outcrosses - Bubba Kush (Thai x Affy), Chemdog (Hawaiian x afghan), etc.
It makes sense when you see how the indigenous use cannabis there - they grow whole fields from seed and make no selections, usually not even culling males. Then they sieve into hash the whole field. So, there is no need to breed a singular epic plant - instead they go for the field effect. That’s why their hash is some of the best - its an amalgam of thousands of plants so its all full spectrum.

Stellar genetics come from cultures where they smoke individual plants - Americas, Africa, SE Asia.
Anywhere where the culture is to make hash from a field wont produce stellar individual plants.

Out of 50 years of smuggling and breeding, there are only a dozen plants from Afghanistan that people have found worthy of cloning and breeding.

5 Likes

Bubba kush is og kush crossed to a northern lights plant…
Chem dog is bagseed
Afghan 1 was and is a seed line

2 Likes

I was gonna say… :thinking: All i’ve heard is the trail ends at the dead show way back when. :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like