Air intake hoses entering room from top - what way to place them near ground?

Hi,
I pull my air inside the room from a big inlet in the wall which is located higher than the ceiling of my grow room. That means the sonoduct will enter the room from the top.

Then the sonoduct goes downwards to the floor. It is in the corner of one room.

Now my question is where to cut the ducting? Have it hang shortly over the floor or lay it on the floor and have a curve?

I hope you understand what I mean. Maybe it is not so important, but I was not able to find any information about placing the ducting beside to inlet air on the floor and let it exit near the ceiling. So I thought I ask and maybe somebody has some more detailed information about air circulation.

1 Like

If it’s forced air it shouldn’t be too hard to work something out. Whether you use the top duct or feed it to the bottom duct it should work, but just make sure the exhaust is set up for the pressure the tent will be under or you’ll see holes in the tent pop up over time

the room is made of drywall. but i am not sure if i understand what you mean? you mean a tent will rip if there is too much pressure?

What I mean is how to place the intake ducting. I have a round intake of 14 inches of diameter. That is why I am thinking carefully how to place it.

1 Like

@ReikoX would be of more help here. I can’t help with design much past a way to get the intake to the bottom of the area. As far as your questions go I’d personally go with the one that cuts short of the floor to eliminate bends as much as possible

1 Like

The duct will be inside the room? It might be easier to run it down outside the room, then in through a hole at the bottom.

Otherwise I would probably lay it on the floor with a curve so it will spread more across the bottoms of the plants.

2 Likes

The outside would be preferable easily and you could get away with a mild bend, but too many restrict airflow

2 Likes

ok. If you have a air intake you should also have a vent for exiting air.

I place my intake (fresh air) as far away from the outtake (old air).

will you have intake and outtake? will they run at the same time? I like to have my outtake as high as possible and my intake also high on opposite sides. The idea is to extract the hot air (connected to a carbon filter). heat rises. Also the same with the intake. I try to schedule my intake of fresh air to turn on at the coldest time of day to help cool the room. this is usually from 3-5am.

hypothetically if you have really good air circulation it doesn’t matter as much.

I have my carbon filter hung as close to the ceiling as possible in my hottest room. I have a carbon filter on the floor with duct up to the exit hole by the ceiling in my coolest room.

4 Likes

I have one big fan which circulates the air between two rooms and scrubs them when running sealed in winter when its cold enough to run the room sealed in winter (no heat pump setup,was not able to install one, because of security reasons). In the other cases the fan pulls in air from outside scrubs it and then sends it outside. Difficult to explain the setup without a drawing.

But the ingoing ductings enter the top of the room then hang down to the ground. Outgoing ductings and scrubber leave on the diagonal opposite side on the top of the room.

I guess best would be to end the intake ducting hanging over the foor without laying it and making a bend. I hope the air will disperse best when directing it towards the floor.

2 Likes