Trying to figure out how to pull air in for 4 seperate tents from one port?

I have a 5x9 in one room, a 2x4 next to it, then 2 more 5x9s in the living room next to that and I need to pull fresh air from somewhere so I have this chimney with an 8 inch gap that i can pull air in from the other side which has a clean out box on the outside. Only thing i could come up with was a central box that they all connect to have all 4 fans attached somewhere on the box and have them all pull air at the same time. Any ideas or any advice anything I’m stumped this is my first time setting up indoors so I’m totally new at this! And it’s a guest house sonic cant go full on construction with the place just kinda modify little things that can be easily fixed if need be.

1 Like

Tried to illustrate a pic of where the tents are place and the fireplace

2 Likes

Interesting conundrum. I have absolutely no solution but interesting. Jah!
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I think you’ve answered your own question, you need a central, preferably equidistant box that pulls the fresh air in and distributes it to all the tents.

1 Like

How does everyone else pull fresh air in though? I’m just curious if theres an easier solution I’d be up to other ideas.

1 Like

Do I have to pull fresh air IN if I’m using co2? Or just exhaust it?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with just exhausting and using a passive intake. You could even chain them in series… So the first tent is connected to the second to the third to the fourth via flexible ducting with the final tent exhausting it all. However if heat or cold becomes an issue, then a central lung that they all pull from may help, especially since you more easily condition a smaller volume of air in the lung. Just experiment with what is most effective. The least complex solution is generally the best. It’s easy to over engineer.

That’s my problem I try and get technical with things and you just gave me a great idea thanks! I’ll just link all the exhaust ports through the tents and out the chimney and just let the furnace and ac pull in the new air with a passive intake how does that sound? Idk if these tents are sealed enough to drag that much air they’re the gorilla tents supposed to be real nice

1 Like

You may needed to put an exhaust fan in tent 2 as well… I don’t know I’ve never chained multiple tents together but have seen where other people have.

1 Like

Well I already have the fans so I could put one in each tent. Hopefully someone comes along that’s done this!

I would use tee connections, those would connect ur tents to a single hose, cap the end of the tee on the last tent

Ya I would put exhaust fans sucking in every tent and then passively bring the fresh air in. Keep in mind one 8in hole won’t provide a ton of air, so you may want to split it up depending on which rooms get warmest.

You could bring the 8in into a manifold, then distribute it out to the rooms. If you put an 8in going to one room, and 4ins to the others that room will obviously get more air. You could mess around with duct sizes and lengths to make sure each room gets the amount you want. Hope that makes sense, morning baked here lol

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I would be wary of multiple fans and air manifolds, you don’t want the fans fighting each other for air. If you were going to use multiple fans I’d think the only safe way to handle that would be forced exhaust with passive intakes.

If you’ve ever hit a hookah-style bong with a friend who pulls too hard you know what I’m saying here. The friend can literally suck the hit right outta you by pulling too hard.

You didn’t specify height of the tents, but running some math it looks like you have about ~1000 cuft of airspace to exchange. As @KingGhidora said, I’d link the intake/exhaust ports together in a chain and consider this a single room. If you’re doing proper air exchange rates this should be fine with a single fan system. You could even hook 2 on the left, 2 on the right, join them in the center and exhaust from there. That’d give you 2 passive intakes and a single exhaust fan.

If you really wanted to use the extra fans I’d run them inline, just keep in mind you never want to have your fans fighting each other for air.

My grow room is just over 900 sqft and I use a 6" port w/ a single exhaust fan w/ passive intake to control everything. Heat too high, kick on the fan. Humidity too high, kick on the fan. CO2 too low, kick on the fan. It took me a bit of calculating to get it all right but it’s been working great. You can get there, just think it though.

4 Likes

i only exhaust my flower tent, i leave the veg tent alone, the air gets exchanged when i open it up to check things out multiple times a day, it also has several vent holes open

1 Like

Yea I think I’m just going to keep it simple and see how it goes I just overthink things to much

1 Like

Don’t give up @mr_jones15. There’s GOT to be a harder way! I too tend to overthink problems with simple solutions. Much love and respect

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

A little portable Ac unit will bring in a good amount of fresh air if you can vent it outside.

Well it’s in a guest house maybe 1000 sq ft so it does get air dragged from the loosely seal basement whenever it’s on and they seem to be doing ok for the moment with passive intake . I plan on adding co2 once I figure out my mothers that I’m keeping I’m still in the starting stages feels like forever :roll_eyes: