Albannachs LED conversion

Mines gonna be either really rushed or I’ll just pull the cobs off and then decide what to do with them. Probably gonna sell 2 of my red/blue strips if you’re interested holla up. I won’t be importing any and already established 4 is too many to a 10 strip fixture.

I can’t cope with nuked bud. Disappoints you unnecessarily lol

1 Like

Me too bro so only a tiny sample to check potency :thumbsup: You might get someone asking for a solstrip rig with a blue/red strip but if not i’m sure we can put em to good use eh bro :grin:

1 Like

Just checked on our latest babes in my tent. The two in the 10 litre air pots are her next autos. OG kush(cbd) and another fast buds blackberry cos it’s heaven in plant form :thumbsup:

In 3 litre pots there are 5 satori and 3 purple badlands that @anon58740919 sent to try. They are the ones with wee labels. Loving the coco btw

6 Likes

I have used rockwool slabs, hydroton, perlite, perlite/vermiculite mixes etc and plenty of soil/compost grows too but this is my first time using coco and i’m very impressed so far.

A question, has anyone reading this tried coco in hempys? if so how did you get on, what depth of reservoir did you go for? I’m tempted to give it a go now i finally have temps under control here. Last time was in perlite and i got root rot because of the heat upstairs in this place. I have a few previously converted buckets lying around in fact i think the current kitchen bin is an old hempy bucket :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Hey @Albannach mate, a hempy with coco sounds perfectly viable and if you did it with perlite , then i don’t imagine coco would be that different, I’ve not tried anything with coco but now that you have, you should go for it. ( jmo)
Good luck ,
Happy growing ,
Gaz

3 Likes

The guy who made Hempy buckets popular has moved on to using coco. If memory serves he uses perlite on the bottom to just above the drain hole.

3 Likes

I might try that with a couple of my new bunch after i pull the males. I could do a comparison with the airpots but i will make the res shallower than last time. I’ll go for about 1" instead of the 2" i had before and water every 2nd day instead of every 3rd :thumbsup:

1 Like

I really enjoy Satori.
Best of luck bringing her on home!
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cheers pal i wanted to run them last year but they had sold out everywhere when i tried buying them. Wonder how close to that potential 27% THC i can get them :grin:

Keep getting problems accessing the site now so i’ll try again later tonight.

1 Like

Got a start made on my new solstrip rig/s It can be used as two individual 200W lights or both together as one 400W rig with the potential to vary the heights of each to cater for different plant heights etc. They will have 5 strips each of mixed temps and external drivers to keep heat down in the tent. They measure 55 x 45cm each so are quite compact and very lightweight.

8 Likes

I’m really loving these solstrip builds.
Major expansion coming up and this seems the biggest bang for the buck.
Good hunting.

6 Likes

Cheers bro i looked at all the usual options, samsung strips etc i even got quotes from two Chinese sellers through alibaba for quantum board copies but they scam you with the shipping charges.

The big advantage of strips is their efficiency, they can be hung very close to the canopy. That’s the main reason i made my new rig in two pieces so i can vary the height of each to accommodate taller plants. I like to grow 2 or 3 different strains in the same tent but that’s difficult with a single light source eh.

4 Likes

Looking good as always brother. How did you get in with your harness and stuff last night. I know you were itching to drill but the Mrs wouldn’t let you. I feel your pain. Or did before I got a shed. Get a shed bro :rofl:

1 Like

Yeh bro it’s even worse when you grow up with a big shed at the house and a boatyard at your disposal. I rented a small unit last year but had to give it up, not enough work at the time but it’s still available, stinks of fish though cos it’s in the same building as the fish market :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got some wire cut to length last night bro then had a fat one from the last of her amnesia and then nothing much happened after that. Hot again here today and i’m feeling lethargic. Must need another toke and more coffee :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I know mate ,Fk all good weather for years now nearly 3 weeks of T-shirt n shorts weather… great innit…! :sunny: Im in a new building too (iv head you say you are too) and yeah I can hear neighbors and vica versa, but the neighbors through my wall smoke too, tho there’s some other dodgy ones .!
I’m also away for a smoking sesh…
Have a good one :point_up: ,
Gaz

1 Like

Always the way eh bro. If you get some respectable tokers on one side you’ve got to get pissheads on the other. Ying and yang or something eh :grin: Been most of this afternoon and evening building the solstick twins, almost done too but had to pack it in at 11.40pm cos of herself grumbling about noise.

2 Likes

Good stuff… what is it you’re building, is it to add to the cobs or replace em.? I’ve seen massive plants with the solstrips recently, so obviously they’re a great choice.!
Anyway I’ll let you get your head down etc… take care n have a good lazy Sunday…
Happy smoking mate…
Gaz

2 Likes

Same yersel pal. Have a chilled out sunday. If you scroll up a bit you’ll see the 2 frames with a few sinks fitted. Got all the sinks & strips fitted now and the wiring looms finished. Just stuff like plugs left to fit and the hanging eyes.

2 Likes

Took a couple of pics of the new bunch, a few of them got a bit pale, i took my eye off the ball with the feeding for a couple of days while building grow lights.

4 Likes

My new solstick twins. An easy build, 200W each and very lightweight at just under 2 lb each, I left the corners open to stop heat building up in the frames.

8 Likes