Alcohol Infusions?

This is why I like tincture, I can titrate my tincture for the buzz I like. For example if I know I get the buzz I want from 1/2 ml I know I can use 1/2 ml per drink and get the buzz I want. It also gives you the option of having one drink with weed and the other 3 without.

That being said, usually an alcohol extraction is about 75% efficient. So you can estimate potency. For example, if you have 1 gram of 20% THC buds that’s 200mg. The extraction would be 75% efficient so you have about 150 mg in the alcohol. So add a gram of decarbed weed to 30 oz of alcohol to get your desired potency.

2 Likes

This does sound more versatile. Now I just need to figure out how to do the extraction and titration, when I don’t have access to Everclear.

I refuse to use poisonous solvents.

1 Like

Love Becherovka! Too many sick memories with Jaegermeister. Not the good sick.

I encourage you to try a decarbed 151 tincture with an oz or two. There will be all sorts of time for precise potency adjustment when it comes out of the freezer and the titration will be good for the whole batch.
Hundreds of precisely (to the drop) measured drinks from a liter of 151!
If it doesn’t please you can still use it to make some gummies or cookies or massage oil.

An oz or two of 151, or an oz or two of weed?

1 Like

I was thinking of an oz of weed. I last used 10 grams of ground dekiefed slop (mixed, unimpressive, low shelf, dispensary regs) and half a mug of Everclear to make a tincture that buzzes me at 1.5 droppers full. It’s all about the titration. If you don’t feel it, use more untill you have what you want.

@ReikoX will give better numbers. I am sloppy but happy.

1 Like

I talk about using lower proof grain alcohol in my tincture thread. It’s part of this post.

2 Likes

My previous batch was cool evaporated into this, which will likely be used in the making of cannagars or other potent joints.
Note: if you want that, you don’t need to decarb though it doesn’t hurt.

1 Like

In case it’s not clear:
Titrate will be the same process as with Everclear. It’s just a sciency way to say - sample small quantities until you feel it and adjust from there.

Shorter, quicker high if you go with sublingual. Longer and heavier high when it goes through your stomach etc, which is what it will do in a drink.

1 Like

I can see the dark shades coming out for a bit.:woozy_face:

I have read that a few times. Do you happen to know the source of this?

2 Likes

@PSam did some testing of this in his tincture thread over at Grasscity. He had lab tests and everything. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot, I’ll have a look!

Wow, long thread … Note for myself: psam tincture link @ grasscity

Edit: LOL i thought it’s 106 pages. It’s 1106.

2 Likes

I’m a member of another (unrelated topic) forum and one of the threads I frequent is 10519 pages long. :astonished:

It’s all about one model of motorcycle.

1 Like

After reading through the first few (extremely informative) posts, I have decided to do this the right way. Thank you!

3 Likes

Yep the thread is great. I read a lot of it before I registered here I think. Have to read it again I’m afraid after all I learned in the meantime.

2 Likes

I hear ya! My brain has limited capacity and seems to be FIFO.

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean unfortunately. lol

1 Like

It doesn’t help that I develop new interests extremely frequently.

Today, it is how to make my own Nattō.

1 Like

Good luck with that. I never had it and I don’t know if I’d find it disgusting or great. I guess you have to go through these stages one after another. :wink:

1 Like

Precisely - one after another. When my (Japanese) wife first got me to try it, I nearly vomited before spitting it out.

Then I tried it in miso soup and liked it. Then I put it on top of Japanese curry and liked it more. I ate it these ways for a few years and eventually tried it on plain rice. Now I can just eat it plain, and I absolutely love it!

1 Like