All at once Decarboxylation vs Wait until needed

Question…

proxy.duckduckgo.com2222

I got 4.5 oz of trim in a gallon baggie. I have a machine that decarbs cannabis perfectly. Is there any harm in going ahead and decarbing this stuff so it is already done when I want it in the future or should i continue to wait and decarb when a batch of tincture is needed?

Thanks in advance for responses.
GR

1 Like

Depends on the time period I would think. Also your desired effect. THC is supposed to degrade into CBN, if you are keeping it a year or more decarbing first may give you more CBN with more of a sedative effect. Otherwise if you do not decarb then the THCA will convert to THC over time. Whether the THC will degrade to CBN when you decarb then? I think there is a paper that can be of interest might be in the ‘drying-curing’ thread. Found it.

2 Likes

Ill take a look thanks.

1 Like

I agree with Bunny, unless it’s all being stored perfectly temp and humidity wise, it’s not going to make much difference when you decarb it as it will do it itself over time as it degrades.

2 Likes

I decarbed 8 lbs of sugar leaf about 8 months ago. Cooked 2 lbs of butter and made cookies right away, then and the rest into butter and made cookies 2 weeks ago. The cookies just made are just as strong as the ones made from the decarbed product 8 months ago. It was in 2 large Tupperware containers under my bed for 8 months. Nothing special

4 Likes

I find it just changes the buzz over time and becomes more sedative it doesn’t really affect the strength for me either.

2 Likes