All these scammers

I’ve noticed with all these new scammers , the way og is now

That it’s stopping me from helpin people , I feel I can’t trust anyone new

43 Likes

Have I got a great investment for you…

No more than there ever were I’d wager. Just noisier right now.

18 Likes

Yes that’s probably true @Foreigner

But it’s so in our faces now , it’s unknowing changing how I react with new people

12 Likes

With the generosity come the crows from the woodwork to snatch what they can while they can.

I agree though… some new users come through in the contests and giveaways… a smaller percentage of those stay and become valued members. Those are the ones we’d like to keep.

However, the only way to stop them being able to get seeds is to set rules in the main post about who can call dibs.

We got crazy generous for a good while and we got ants…
ants-archer

58 Likes

I agree, somethings come with the territory. I appreciate the folks who enact game plans to deal with it.

12 Likes

Can the site not enforce the new rules rather than seed giver ?
@toastyjakes

9 Likes

Be suspicious but not guarded, I dunno. Closing yourself off is worse for you than it is for others.

I use my nose and even if I get burned I’m not going to cry about it (except at night by myself under the covers)

27 Likes

These days I’m trying to keep mental notes of who’s been kind, real on here, and not pushing a sob story and those are folks I’ll gladly trade with or give seeds too.

Definitely though I’m really seeing so much BS on here, on RIU, on Discord so I’m going to limit who I exchange genetics with, buy seeds from, even sealed packs… unless I can make sure said person is an honest guy who isn’t just out for freebie handouts or quick cash etc.

Similar story with folks selling older packs, I’ve gotten burned 2-3 times now but it is buyer beware when it comes to things like that so it’s probably my own fault for trusting strangers on the internet with my money address etc without feeling more comfortable.

18 Likes

Yes @Foreigner , I’m not worried about the new people , it’s about how it’s affecting me and og

8 Likes

Yeah I could see that. It can be disheartening. Most folks are good people.

9 Likes

I feel it’s why all the older og ‘s left

5 Likes

Could you kindly elucidate what this scam is all about? :eyes::pray:t3:

1 Like

Surprise! There are dickweeds online. But I hear you man. You pick who you do deals with. It’s your right to do what you like.

6 Likes

I disagree @Foreigner. IMHO, most people on the Earth, are total dickheads.

@ifish, Yes, it is annoying. No accountability and the modern computer age is to blame. Losers can hide now. In the old days(not all that long ago), losers just got face planted. Now they fuck up peoples shit from their mommy’s basement, with no consequences. Hey mom, what’s for dinner? Did you do my laundry yet? Seen it first hand, eff 'em all, greedy, lazy, losers…Hammurabi would be having a field day right now :wink: Unfortunately, our fearless leaders are more concerned with totally useless social bullshit, than they are with good behavior and consequences for negative actions.

22 Likes

32 Likes

@iceman people here just to hussle for free seeds money all sorts

4 Likes

Hey man fair enough. No question there are scumbags out there but I can’t alter my behaviour (short of being selective) because I feel it would injure me more than the risk of being burned. Self interest and sociability, you know?

10 Likes

fool me, you can’t get fooled again

George Bush

18 Likes

Clearly, confucius was not from New York City :wink:

9 Likes

Dig it, and agree.

3 Likes