An interesting dilemma…

My horchata project has been screamin’ outdoors so far, but…I need some advice.

I’ve dealt with nearly every pest known to man over the years but this is a first. What kind of rodent climbs 24” into a 35 gallon pot to do this. I’m trying to figure out how to get this MFer out in the next 12 hours before I have no roots.
Any thoughts or extraction techniques welcomed.

11 Likes

I will take Squirrel for $500.

13 Likes

Lure it out with peanut butter on a mouse trap, right by the hole.
Or you could try to smoke him out.
It will definitely ruin the plants root system quick.

Do you have a game/trail cam? If so, set it up and try to see what it is. Might be good to know what you’re dealing with…

6 Likes

I have this same issue, still unclear what does it but a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on the top of the soil seems to deter them for a little while

6 Likes

Cover the soil with steel mesh?

4 Likes

My PTSD is flaring with this reminder of outdoor pests my guy, but I would also lean squirrel. Possibly rat. The rats on my woodland property look like they go about five pounds. They look like they’ve done a cycle or two of testosterone and are benching about tree fiddy.

8 Likes

Squirrel`s could eat the plant itself.

3 Likes

It’s a squirrel. That’s what they do unfortunately. No pot outdoor is safe at my house.

5 Likes

istockphoto-1150515696-612x612

14 Likes

They say the way to a man’s heart is to nibble on his earlobe.

I think it’s nuts.

10 Likes

If I could find a meme for the caddyshack scene where Bill Murray goes hunting for the gopher and starts dropping bombs on it…

That’s how I would handle this situation

4 Likes

Y’all are the best :smile:

I thought squirrel too but there is no pile around the hole from the digging… it’s like it’s been “bored” into.

1 Like

Haha, at first I’m like where’s the deisel can or some bleach dammit…wait, wait…take a deep breath, that’s going to kill the plants.

4 Likes

Cheese grate a bar of Irish spring and sprinkle cayenne on it

5 Likes

This will make a very disgusting salad.

6 Likes

Maybe vole or mole? :flushed:

1/4 stick or M80 :comet::boom:

1 Like

I’m goin with RAT :rat:

Making a house.

You prefer Borax, we know. :laughing:

:evergreen_tree: I would :joy:

4 Likes

Borax fucks up some ants. Make a paste with borax and powdered sugar, smear it on a croutons. I mean a cardboard square.

1 Like

Get the soil good and moist. Take an old electrical cord and cut off the female end. Split the wires, attach a steel rod to each the positive and negative, then drive em in the soil. Then plug it in! Lol

4 Likes

That was my thought, but do they climb? Or did it chew through the bottom of the fiber container?

3 Likes