Why do my in ground plants keep going missing?

I transplanted 5 plants a couple weeks ago, all were healthy aside from some that had nute burn then all of a sudden 3 days ago two plants went missing no trace…no nothing, then today 11/26/2022 rolls around and i wake up to all my in ground plants gone just like the others no trace of anything. could it have been something above ground like a bird or something that likes to burrow under ground like a gopher?

You ever heard of neighbors?

8 Likes

Neighbors or animals is my guess

2 Likes

It’s someone you know or the neighborhood kids I’m betting.

1 Like

i don’t think it was them lol the plants were pretty tiny too, my other plants that are in solo cups weren’t stolen and i didn’t see any signs of digging but who knows maybe they know how to cover their tracks.

Are they in sight of neighbourhood teens?

Could be lots of things.

1 Like

Some people don’t know that they need to flower. They will steal them in veg and smoke the leaves thinking theyre a badass. Cut them right at the ground.

6 Likes

are some people really that unaware? lol

3 Likes

i think it might’ve been birds maybe gophers i doubt it was ppl

it was them… I’m sure of it.

4 Likes

I’ve had squirrels take out tiny plants multiple times. Could be a rabbit, deer, or squirrel maybe…

4 Likes

if it was neighbors they don’t know jack, the smart thing to do would be to wait till the plants are ready for harvest and not to mention the plants will probably die due to shock.

they are kind of in sight but they were in a gated area and there is some pretty good space between me and my neighbors also the plants were super small so i wouldn’t have expected them to recognized

1 Like

tiny UFOs stole my tiny plants!!!

gophers, moles, voles…lots of underground critters who’ll chop it down clean at the stalk or suck the whole thing down underground. Maybe cats or terriers could help you out :joy:

try planting with some chicken wire lining the hole see if that helps

1 Like

now that i think about it i have seen some rabbit hopping around the property ill check if i have any exposed spots near the fencing.

2 Likes

The general population might know what cannabis leaves look like, but not even remotely close to having intimate knowledge about the cultivation part. My neighbors are mid 70s life long stoners and I blew their minds last year showing them what the plant looks like. They literally had no idea. Most people have no interest in plants in general, let alone the niche of cannabis.

8 Likes

I’ve been eliminating potential causes in my mind and its down to gophers, birds, rabbits or people (the last i highly doubt) ill give that chicken wire a shot and my dogs are more likely to destroy the plants than any gopher :rofl:

2 Likes

Some dogs love cannabis plants and will munch down when they find them. I’ve a feeling the problem is a lot closer to home than people actually think. :v:

2 Likes

Rabbits and field rats/mice are the number one culprit around my part of the world for missing seedlings/young plants. I do have a cat that enjoys chewing on leaves and generally destroying everything I love, but she always leaves behind the evidence so that I know it was her.

4 Likes

idkaliens

3 Likes