Something is eating my baby plants at night

I wake up and all the fresh greens from the baby plants are eaten and all that’s left is shoots on the dirt. What could be eating my plants at night?

2 Likes

Could be mice or an insect, try cutting the bottom off a 3 liter pop bottle and use it as a protective closh. This will help your plants grow to a size that allows them to be too large for anything to eat them. Dog poo is also good to place around your plants to discourage pests from eating them like mice.

5 Likes

Its was me, sorry. I scamper.

8 Likes

It’s not knocking my cups over so mice may be too big. Some sort of insect for sure crawals out from the depths of hell at night and ate 1 bubblehead and 2 shineapples 1 Peace Pipe and 1 Skunkband. My Silver mountains 1-3 were too big to eat ( 1 inch tall) but it knocked them down.Thats about 50 bucks

1 Like

af9124c1d1376fbca41389d5c896ca7cf800c565817d7a31678330d49e69fd35
Ok…as long as it was you.

1 Like

Mice, rats or shrews. Little fucks looove cannabis seedlings, especially strains that you are super keen on growing…they love those the most.

9 Likes

it sounds like a mouse to me. Get some traps and kill it. Can also raise babies off the floor

5 Likes

Ok wow I got a little fucking meeses. Il deal with it thanks.
hCD2B3C05

3 Likes

We lost About 10 sour bubble bx2 to a mouse a couple months back

2 Likes

photos would help to identify but from the description and they are young seedlings it seems to me that slugs are eating their seedlings… :snail::snail::seedling:

:om: :pray:

4 Likes

Rest In peace lil fighters

1 Like

Good tip, if you’re an animal lover try not to spot the actual rodents. The shrew that ate my plants was so stupidly cute I didnt have the heart to kill it…

3 Likes

Either mice, slugs or snails, or could also be a cutworm. Mice will leave poop, snails and slugs will leave a streak of mucus, cutworms will have you scratching your head. Picture definitely helps

2 Likes

It happened again

2 Likes

Yea a solo cup is too tall for a mouse to get up on and not knock it over. For ID of the bug I am in NE Ohio. Not many weird bugs here like FL.The intruder seems to just eat the green tops of the smallest plants. It cannot eat a leaf that is bigger than a pencil eraser per say. It also cuts the shoot and all that is left is shown as above just a stem cut off or knocked over. Seems to be a small bug but it can kill 5 plants a night and knows where to find them around the area spaced out. Seems somewhat smart but not smart enough that It does not get under the plastic bags I have on most of them from this happening a week or two ago.

1 Like

A little mean, but I never claimed to be smart.

Id set up a security cam to catch me . . . I mean the culprit . . . If it keeps going on and you cant figure it out. Might save time over trial and error and seeing if there is new damage the next morning.

2 Likes

Good idea Il plant some extra non important seed get a few going leave the lights on 24 hrs and film/record the action. I’l go dump a shit ton of crap seeds in the go go chamber and get this sting operation underway. Gonna give em a lil feast
fcfd32f2f1

4 Likes

ezgif-1-4b48f3387445 RJ1dGyVPQ5uxUBhBl7 ibv1aFWKLygHT2babR

8 Likes

Got 2 beans on a mouse. Seriously go buy some traps.

8 Likes

Not true. I’ve had it happen to me. Caught the mouse in the Act too. There is no insect that would travel plant to plant like what you described. It’s a mouse… nearly certain. I would get a trap out

6 Likes