Another NOOB question

This summer I am going to spend some time with some pollen and make some seeds.
I have watched and participated in some of the giveaways here on OG, and for the most part it seems like people are giving/trading REG seeds.
Is it hard to do the silver spray and get fem pollen to make fem seeds?

Lob

6 Likes

Nope not hard. I had a successful seed making venture recently using STS. Cheap. Isn’t hard to make. I can link you a website I followed for instructions or theres a million videos if you prefer that route.

6 Likes

That’d be grand. The more info, the less chance of screwing it up.

Lob

4 Likes

Are you in the US? If so, DM me if you want the components to make STS. I’ll send you some.

6 Likes

I could not find the website that hosted this a few months ago. But I did find the tek. I didn’t buy any of the glassware they suggested. Just used what I had around. Worked like a charm though. No female flowers on the whole plant I was spraying. Didn’t get a ton of pollen but I managed to beat enough out of it to get a few thousand beans.

Also I did not use a surfactant.

https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/how-to-make-and-use-silver-thiosulfate-solution-sts-for-feminising-seeds.72105/

5 Likes

What strain are you thinking to fem?

:green_heart: :seedling:

I have some Gambian, some Amnesia Haze, both autos, and I have Uncle Fester Skunk, Bedtime Cookies, and Alien Monkey photos, for starters :slight_smile:

Lob

2 Likes

STS would be easier. I’ve found store bought colloidal silver doesn’t work. Generating my own I had better results. 4 reversal attempts and 2 successful. One of the failed attempts the plant grew sacs like I expected but didn’t dump any pollen. STS doesn’t require daily spraying. One or two applications is enough.
Good luck :+1::v:

If using a store bought Colloidal Silver make sure you are using a high PPM solution or won’t work…

I’d use a 50 ppm or higher! :wink:

Alaskagrown

3 Likes

There are some cultivars that are an extreme pain in the ass to reverse. The vast majority of stuff out there though is very easy and dumps pollen when reversed. But some strains can be a bitch to even reverse and once you do they don’t dump any viable pollen.

My suggestion is this: start your spraying before you flip, and a full 3 weeks minimum before you flip the plants that will eventually get pollinated with the reversed female. The reversed plant should start doing proper pollen dumps around week 5 of flower, which is when you want your non donor plants to be around 2 weeks into bloom.

8 Likes