Any hints or techniques for taking better phone pics ?

Does anyone have any good hints for taking better pics using phones? Like ways to brace your hands or gadgets/ tripods. I have this wifi microscope for looking at tris that works great but when i click to take a pic it blurs a lot of the time.

4 Likes

Lot’s of light which will reduce the exposure time. And, as a consequence, it reduces the potential for movement appearing in the image. Shorter open shutter time.

Most of these phone cameras do not have the ability to change the F-stop of the lens or exposure, so you have to make due with increasing the available light to the camera.

5 Likes

And, yes, a good stable platform such as a tripod is also very helpful.

3 Likes

How about using the camera button on your phone instead of the camera/microscope. Mine has a button on the phone screen.

2 Likes

Tripods all day. They are key! Depending on which phone you have aswell. When using my s21+ I’m always in pro mode.

Forgot to mention timers as well if you don’t have a Bluetooth remote. Be sure to use a timer with your tripod keeps your phone as still as possible.

4 Likes

That’s what I end up usually doing, Kind of brace my scope hand with the phone and snap the pic. Half the time I shake a bit and it goes out of focus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even if your using your scope and push the picture button on your phone, not the scope?
Grab some sort of pole to brace your scope hand, rest the pole on the floor or something that doesn’t move.

1 Like

Practice is the best way to get better. Lots of light makes things easier. Quality from those USB microscopes will not be very good.

2 Likes

lol yeah both ways it gets a good 50% of the time

1 Like

Turn “that” feature all the way down (it will darken or black-out the background) and use supplemental lighting similar to a professional photographer.

I use one of these to light-up the subject/plant, whatever

3 Likes

I :scissors: the top of the bud and calm and steady inspect the trichs, using the tripod that comes with the scope, easier to focus and as it’s been said using the phone camera button … Arriba|nullxnull

Then I keep those buds and smoke them as testers once dried, that helps also to find out if it’s time to chop or not … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Get urself one of these, works great…

3 Likes

All the points raised above are excellent.

One thing I’ll do on occasion when I find someone that is producing great photos is ask them how they are doing it and what equipment they are using.

I’ve always gotten great advice from doing that!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I find a microphone stand for about 15-20 bucks works great. Those wifi microscopes are pretty much the same size as the microphones. Get one with a long boom rod and you’ll be set up. Also like was said. Use the tripod in conjunction with using the button on your phone instead of the scope.

5 Likes

thanks all for the great ideas … the microphone stand may be just what im looking for.

I fix a 30x loupe to my camera lens with a elastic.

It’s not the best example but you’ll get the idea.

It’s better if you’ve something to lean on stability is really important.

4 Likes