Better cannabis photos

I’m looking for any advice on how to take the best shots possible with a cell phone. Want to show off some buds here and photos are just junk. I’ve got a Samsung S10 so I’m assuming some improvement is possible. Thanks in advance OG’s.

6 Likes

I got a buddy who’s a photographer that recommended, generally: turn down the lights, and use a directional flash.

6 Likes

https://wcp2018.org/how-to-take-high-quality-cannabis-photos-with-your-smartphone.html

https://herbanplanet.com/marijuana-blog/tips-for-close-up-smartphone-cannabis-photography.html

16 Likes

Fantastic, thank you @Oldtimerunderground, I didn’t Google…just searched here…sorry buddy…I’m in a walled off internet with all you magnificent gardening enthusiasts…it’s so mean out there.

6 Likes

Natural light is easiest.

3 Likes

I only get about 6 hours of that right now, but the days are getting longer.

4 Likes

There’s alot of good vids on youtube too. Don’t be afraid to switch up the angles and adjust a few settings when taking some pics and choosing the best ones. Sometimes I take 10+ pics before choosing the best one. If you can get a macro lens, I find they really work well for close up shots.

3 Likes

Whenever you feel like you have your trichs in focus, pull back a few centimeters more before capturing the picture. Maybe I just need new glasses but that trick has worked my last three phones.

Once the photos are taken, a bit of cropping can really bring out the subject- and doubles as zoom.

Behold the first fungas gnat to scale frost mountain:

17 Likes

i take pics of other ppls plants to post cuz they look nicer then mine
it helps my photos a alot.

6 Likes

If you are serious give one of these a go. They are damn cheap. Got one for my ex wife when we were together, you can get clean studio quality looking pics pretty easily. Assuming your camera doesn’t bite the big one, like mine does :grimacing: :laughing:

I had an s10e, took decent photos. Nothing special though

Ain’t got shit on the iPhone though these are with the 13pro

4 Likes

If you use iPhone put it on portrait mode to get depth of field and nice blurry background…

I usually go for a mixture of distance and zoom. And flash if it’s dark.

You can fix a lot of things in post too.

1 Like

There was a user here not too long ago who took really beautiful pictures imo, his trick was a dark room and/or black background and flash. Wont mention him since he was banned and caused a bit of trouble… If you’ve been around you probably know him already and can find his thread.

2 Likes

Yea I know the guy, I picked up a couple of pieces of black art board as a background and will attempt to use a few of the other tips! The biggest being get the damn camera steady you shaky gimp.

2 Likes

Nice, I’ll be lurking, my photo game is no the best… :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

iPhone 12 Pro , nothing special, no filters just zoom

2 Likes

Get a photo editor program or app and then adjust them after you have taken them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My pics be lookin like

Everyone else’s pics

:rofl:

6 Likes

As someone who works in graphic design and works with a lot of photos and does a lot of retouching, the best results are captured with the camera, not in post. But yea, you can do some tricky shit with the photo editing software!

1 Like