Any manifold builders have question

Hey I have question with my manifold. It took a while for the arms to grow out so there is branches in the middle. Should I trim these because they pull from main arms or leave them to fill in center? Thanks

4 Likes

If you do a manifold search you can find good info and people that have documented whole runs with this method.

:green_heart: :seedling:

Ya know Im not real familiar with manifolding. Haven’t ever really used it. But, from what I understand, is it is fairly straightforward; the purpose is to open up the plant providing more bud sites and top growth.

So…let’s say you top so the plant has 8 main branches. You then spread out an dtie the branches down so they are flat with a completely opened top face on the plant…the 8 main branches are not the tops. You should let the rest of the shoots grow forming many more tops.
Again, I don’t use this technique, so I would say you could either top the 8 so they don’t form tops or you could leave them as is, in which case they will continue upward growth with a prominent central top.

Hope that helps!!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Leave whatever you want. Every side shoot “can be a main” eventually. I did one and I topped it early giving me 4 mains. I laid those out flat and I used I think 3 or 4 nodes per branch. And then topped each branch of the branches to split into 2.

Then I cut a bunch out to set my final shape. I find tge quicker you develop it the more organized you can stay. I got lazy on my latest plant and its not neat and tidy

Dragon blood hashplant. Gave me 10 oz in a 2x2 tent!

9 Likes

So you actually topped the shoots coming off your 4 mains?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Everyone has a slightly different approach to manifolding. If yield is a big desire as part of your grow, I’d suggest hopping over to

and downloading the PPP Method PDF designed by @BU2B himself.
I think this is a great step-by-step read that would help you get on your way!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

What Blowdout said. Very thorough explanation. I have used his method twice now with excellent results. This one plant gave me 20 oz. 20220828_110419|375x500

3 Likes

Same plant.

9 Likes

Alright thanks! That is what I was wondering. I had decided to let them stay until after stretch just to see if worth keeping. @Smoklahoma thanks also you both nailed it. Thanks for everyone else who has answered just this question was harder to understand what I was asking unless you have used manifold training before. @BU2B ppp looks AWESOME I plan on trying on a plant or two next grow. Since this was only 3rd grow I’m trying everything I can. Manifold, fimmed 2×top, leaf tucking whatever just to see what works for me and which I prefer.

2 Likes

Yea, some of them later got eliminated due to straggling behind

1 Like

Is that a hydro or a bottom water system? Can’t tell from pics but damn!

jesus… amazing patience and execution man.

1 Like

It’s DWC. System is basically a ebb and flow set up. Reservoir in another room feeds control bucket which feeds plant bucket. Still have ALOT to learn but it turned out pretty good for my 3rd grow.

2 Likes

Thanks and @blowdout2269 I have read the ppp. I saw right when he posted and asked for the ppp. I can’t wait to try it I was to far into my current grow to impliment.

2 Likes

I’m glad that you found it. Be sure to share your results! I would be interested to see, and I bet @BU2B would as well.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Most definitly will tag bu2b and you when I try this which will be next grow.

1 Like