Anyone ever pay taxes on weed you grew?

I imagine the answer is yes and no. Yes having the tax stamps would get you out of being charged with/fined for not possessing the appropriate tax stamps. No in that they could still charge you with cultivation/possession.

oh yeah, you’re going to court with charges no matter what. i just figure it will save you jail time if you’ve already paid up as you went. especially since hypothetically you’d have a disables vet growing her meds because she’s broke and can’t afford them in a jury trial. with a decent lawyer you’d have a shot.

If you’re not making taxable income off it makes no difference id believe.
If they catch u call it hemp or cbd which is legal since 2018.
Chances are they are stupid and dispose of it or not correctly store it as sufficient evidence. So hemp it is.

If a person is growing for their own consumption, then there is no reason to pay taxes on it. It’s no different from growing tomatoes or growing your own tobacco for your own consumption.

1 Like

you miss the point. tomatoes are legal to grow and weed is not. if one were to pay taxes on a product they would normally buy the state still gets their money and would in theory not be so harsh on them as a penalty. it would be real close to growing tobacco, since that is not legal either without a permit, or at least that’s the way they did it when i worked with tobacco 30 years ago. difference is a permit for tobacco was cheap and for pot it costs half a mil for the application, non-refundable, another half for the permit if you get approved. after typing this reply i am starting to see a huge problem with the question as it seems it would be a different scenario depending on which state we were talking about and i was posing just as a general question. oh well, it entertained me for a bit anyway.

I pay taxes on my property, on my electricity, on all the stuff I buy, on the income I earn, on the car that takes me to work, on the gas I buy….

See where I am going here?

1 Like

not in the slightest.

1 Like

Let’s say you get taxed when you get someone to get something for you. Damn the tax man. lol

I’m sure if you go to the dispensary. I can’t remember if it had sales tax on the last time I went the one. That is very interesting. Since most of them deal with cash.

The sleeping giant.

@yardgrazer,
a lawyers meca