Anyone ever pay taxes on weed you grew?

talking about outlaw grows. not federal of course but state. like for example, it was illegal to grow weed but it was legal to buy recreational. if you just sent the taxes in on the weed you grew instead of buying, would it make a difference if you got caught? and would just sending in a check every quarter get them looking at what it was for and get you busted? hell they got al capone for tax evasion. imagine if he had been sending in checks.

4 Likes

I try to avoid giving the establishment any money wherever possible and hope to move somewhere where i can agree with supporting their policies

7 Likes

I pay tax on clones I buy and then grow. 4%. It’s a wash with my senior discount though. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Wouldnt do it in 100 million years… They get too much money now to spend on stupid shit.

GR

6 Likes

One of the major reasons I grow it is to avoid paying taxes on it.

It would make me sick after having to run and hide from them for 20 years to just end up giving them money.

But, you’re right about evasion. I had a dealer friend years ago who said “I’m just going to quit my job, deal, buy a house for cash…”

I said bad idea. Keep your job, pay your mortgage and live the rest of your life cash only and be a very wealthy man. Just don’t be too flashy.

6 Likes

I’m not sure what you’d pay, unless you live in a state with tax stamps?

If you were selling… on the unregulated market… technically you’re supposed to report the illegal income on your tax returns.

4 Likes

The first dispo where I live was operated as a legal business as a medical marijuana resource Center. They paid taxes this way as a registered business and only sold to medical licences patients. They got shut down and have always re opened.

2 Likes

I used to live in Kansas, and weed of course was very very illegal, but they had a tax stamp law, which was basically just one more charge they could bring against you: So possession with intent, and also penalties for not having product tax stamped.

1 Like

never paid taxes on weed i grew, only things like the normal nutrients and lights ect to get and keep going so kind of like a tax?

@HeadyBearAdventures yeah i would never want to get caught there at all,

2 Likes

Extended to the absurd and no matter the country, your outlaw weed is paying taxes at one point. Because the grower, and the smoker, are always taxed at one point … just to be alive.

3 Likes

I live where cannabis is legal and even have a license to grow 10 plants outside instead 4, but the only tax I pay is on seeds, which I rarely purchase.

2 Likes

just some high thoughts. i got married today and we’re broke right now so we just ended up getting baked. honeymoon is coming when the disability backpay gets here.

6 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations and here’s hoping for speed on the back pay.

1 Like

U can legally sell novelty seeds or clones.
No one needs to know.
If you want to build credit and deposit into bank you can just make a company that sells novelty and list it as retail and pay estimated taxes quarterly and file return once.
Or horticultural consultant (services).

1 Like

i’m not going to do it, i was wondering if it would keep you out of trouble if you got caught. all they want is the money anyway, so if you paid taxes on everything you produced and consumed, not sold, then they might give you a suspended sentence. maybe capone would have gotten off had he paid his taxes.

1 Like

I was thinking of Kansas when I wrote it, because that’s the famous Tax Stamp state. I have no idea whether any other states have stamps…

Turns out NORML has a list. A lot of states seem to have tax stamp laws on the books. Mostly in the south, the plains states, and the midwest and mountains.

CT is on the list but legalized and don’t seem to have tax stamps anymore? And MA is listed but it says the tax stamp law was determined to be unconstitutional in 1998.

1 Like

Capone was convicted in federal court… for tax evasion. Don’t (bleep) with the IRS. They will get their money.

As a resident of Mass. one of the reasons I grow is to avoid paying the state levy on recreational commercial. There is no stamp tax on homegrown in Massachusetts

1 Like

that’s kind of the point of the thread, if you pay the taxes would they let you off. i wish i had the option to grow medicinal. but i can go to the store and buy it whenever i want, so there is that. baby steps.