Anyone get 2 Plants from 1 Seed?

So glad to see I’m not the only one to experience this. At least I know it’s not anything I did!!

Actually, I recently put 12 beans into jiffy pots, and of those 12, 2 of them are double sprouts. Both are Jungle Spice #6, which were gifted to me by the very kind and generous @lefthandseeds, who is also the breeder that hooked up @beacher for his double sprout.

Since we know this isn’t actually a one-in-a-billion occurrence, I hope some people can share the final outcome of their double sprouted plants that were grown out. Like, were they prone to hermie, or were they the same sex or not, or was one always a runt, etc.

6 Likes

Twins are doing well at about a week old. Both Jungle Spice twins are healthy, but one is towering over the other. The Jungle Spice x Black Domina double large plant is doing well (a bit saggy), the runt looks a bit weird but is growing and seems happy enough

10 Likes

I separated my twins and planted each in it’s own container… they appear normal so far. i will take pix and notes and along the way and post my observations here…
my twins are from regular seeds… Did anyone get multiples from feminzed seed?

8 Likes

Transplanted both my doubles today into solo cups, they’re 2 weeks old. They both have one big, regular looking plant, and one really short, kinda weird looking runt. The roots on these weren’t actually as big as the singles I planted at the same time. JS is Jungle Spice, JSxBD is Jungle Spice x Black Domina.

Just gonna let em ride, but i have a feeling the runts will eventually be overpowered.

7 Likes

In case anyone’s still interested a quick update on my double seedlings. First is the Jungle Spice. The main plant is doing great, the mini-me is (obviously) smaller and a bit spindly but looks happy enough and is still growing:

The Jungle Spice X Black Domina. Main plant is great, mini plant is alot less mutated looking and is quite a good size considering:

9 Likes

I grew a seed that sprouted 2 plants from it. They were both uniform in size and shape, kind of like Siamese twins.
I let them grow together. ! became a lady, the other a male…HOW COOL WAS THAT!!!

I am still running the seeds they produced…in fact 1 is on my big scrog screen right now…Chucky’s Bride.

8 Likes

Like from the movie twins , lol Arnold and Devito :wink:

I’ve never had any twins, that’s cool, looking forward to seeing what the sexes will be and how they turn out.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re growing some Lannisters over there! You should call the offspring Joffrey. :joy:

3 Likes

LMAO!!! COOL, another GOT fan…BEST SHOW EVER???

NO Joeffry…lil bitch…lol…LOVED it when Arya kicked his ass…

2 Likes

That movie was hilarious. You named your cat Juuuulius!

1 Like

In a dream we are connected. Siamese twins, at the wrist.

3 Likes

Some lines are notoriously known for the poly embryonic (Twinning) trait and I have seen hundreds with the old Skoosh line. Sometimes even conjoined twins that can be germinated too and sometimes these infused seeds have twins and triplets. One drop in the water and a day later there’s multiple sprouts. I have no problem culling off the weaker, they never have the drive and always require too much energy for little to nothing in return on average…

5 Likes

just found an unusual conjoined twin dank sinatra f2 with two complete taproots attached to one seedling. this could be interesting.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this twice this year and never before. Alot of weird and similar leaf mutations have been showing up this year also. Maybe the Fukushima radiation is starting to effect things , idk alot of uncommon mutations showing up all of a sudden in un related breeding programs. I’m starting to get suspicious that there is something strange going on.

3 Likes

Wow yall have blown my mind

3 Likes

Me too.
How cool is that?

2 Likes

It’s possible that people are just popping a lot more beans since medical and/or recreational legalization so we are noticing more. Also, lots of amateurs are starting to grow now and letting a lot of hermies live and grow out as well as weird unknown bag seeds. Probably a lot of weed pollen flying through all of our neighborhoods these days too.

3 Likes

The drive home from work is short, 10 miles or so.
3 definite grows on the way home, 4+ in my neighborhood.
The nose knows.

5 Likes

Ive seen twins like that once. just recently.
two seedlings sharing 1 root system. dunno if they both lived or what he’s done with them.
Old Jack The Ripper beans from Subby back in the 90’s used to throw twins I remember. But they were 2 seperate plants, not 2 that share one root system tho.
This is pretty rare im sure.
Cool, thanks for posting.

3 Likes

hey there… Left Hand’s gear by chance?
I just recieved some stuff from yesterday, including Black Domina. Been wanting it again for a while. Have jungle spice and spice F2’s. Gonna be interesting.

4 Likes