Anyone interested in a Solo Cup Challenge 2024?

Hi, I really enjoy the solo cup challenge we had last year and I couldn’t participate, but I got plenty of room this year and I was wonder if there is more OGers who would like to participate?

Pz :v:t2:

33 Likes

Oh those are fun.

6 Likes

I would probably join, I did one elsewhere and it was very fun :slight_smile: and maybe I could try out a kratky plant, because living soil in a solo cup just isn’t great at making big plants.

I might do better in a “tiny cannabonsai” subsection, or a “fastest dwarfed autoflower” race. :wink:

10 Likes

@RainToday Awesome!
Yeah, I think having multiple categories is a great idea!

8 Likes

This sounds like fun. With my flower tent only having 3 or 4 more weeks left I’d be down to grow something in a solo cup. Will it be open to any strain or do you have a plan for a strain?

4 Likes

@Habitt Oh, awesome.
The last challenge was open to all type of seeds and I really enjoyed seeing all types of plants and see how they preform. But I do think @RainToday have a point in having a couple of categories like, autoflower, indica, sativa and landraces etc.

I’m all open to any ideas and suggestions to make this as fun as possible.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m in. I have a few things I’ve been meaning to run. Both indica and sativa.

4 Likes

@Habitt that’s fantastic. What do you have lined up to pop?

4 Likes

Just picked up some stuff from CSI:Humboldt. Bubba Kush, Big Bad Wolf, Sour Giesel(sour diesel x giesel) and a few others. Have some Maui Mango Haze I could run for the sativa side.

6 Likes

Let’s do it :man_dancing:t2: I have 1000 things I need to go through. Including some mmh too @Habitt :eyes: I’d be down for a finish date. Or long flowering/short flowering categories. 12/12 from seed or 3 week veg max would be cool but I’m honestly just here to rock with you all

6 Likes

I would guess that 3 categories would be best. One for autos, one for indicas and one for sativas. 3, 4 and 5 months total for each category? Just spitballing.

6 Likes

Already one step ahead of you lol.

4 Likes

@DirtySlowToes awesome🤘🏻, welcome onboard! I’ve only run 12/12 from seed in solo cups, my initial thought of having 3w veg is that the plants will be root bound early in flowering. Maybe I’m totally mistaken. 🫣

@Habitt that is some heavy duty stuff you have on your hands. Yeah, I think those three categories should be sufficient enough. Those times lines should be good for any type of auto, indica or sativa.

@BeTheLight Yeah, I kinda got the urge from your diary :laughing:

My list to run is: Blockhead, Sour Strawberry, DLA4, Turkish Hashplant, Peshawar, Chernobyl, Bubba-Gum Kush, Phone Home, Turd Burgler, Circus Gorilla, Gorilla Zkittles Auto, White Goblin Auto and Sour 60 Auto.

Aiming towards 30 cups.

10 Likes

Rootbound is what you make it :metal:t2: lol but really id just run straight coco and they’d be getting fed 4-5 times a day. Near impossible to be root bound in coco, in my opinion. I kinda prefer a full block of roots anyway. There’s my unpopular opinion.

30 cups is a ton!! Lol how many would others go for? I could do… maybe 10? Haven’t run that many tiny pots before but it’d be the worst kind of fun

6 Likes

I think you need to nail down a format and a timeline before we can get this rodeo started. A hard start date and a hard end date. Maybe March 1st as a start and an August 31st ending date? 5 months total to do whatever you need to veg and fully flower. That would give enough time for all types. Then we could all vote on each others grow to see who the winner is.

8 Likes

I am will to try the solo cup games! :facepunch::wink::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

@DirtySlowToes yes coco is a very good option for solo cups I believe. I’ve only run in 50/50 dirt perlite before. I use to always have a couple of solo cups on top of my water tank lids, back in one of my old grow rooms,. It’s a fantastic way of testing things out. Yeah, you are right. I did a bit of contemplating and ended up with 10 varieties and 2 cups for each, so 20 will be a better number.

@Habitt I think that it’s great idea to run from 1st Mars. Then people have time to prepare and hopefully we could get more people to join if they have a bit of heads up. I will fix some awesome prices for each category.

@OhNo555 Oh, welcome onboard. It’s really awesome that you want to join us!

8 Likes

I’m interested. Never done one before, but my seedlings in solo cups with coco are doing really well.
:canada: :green_heart:

7 Likes

Woho! Welcome to the party @TricycleOfDoom.
Do you have an idea what to run?

4 Likes

Yep. @Tappy recently gifted me some of his beans. I would run his Blue Lights x Afghani.

5 Likes