Anyone know what this might be

Set up a run of new seeds and they sprouted tails, and I placed them in solo cups with soil I had amended with some gaia green all-purpose. I placed bags over top to allow for extra humidity, and today when I removed the bags, I noticed these hairs in all of the cups. Wondering if anyone could lend some insight into this?

3 Likes

Micelluim or some type of saprophytic fungus.
A mixture of baking soda and water should kill it off. I believe h2o2 would also work.

3 Likes

Looks like some kind of mould hum|nullxnull, I would remove it phisically or kill it with peroxide … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

my vote go to mold/fungus from that extra humidity…specifially rhizopus stolonifer or something similar. poke holes next time.

remove it and then spray with a bit of h202 mixed with water.

3 Likes

Your seedling will topple over if unsupported
: )

2 Likes

Okay thats what I was thinking, I was curious if it was something in the soil. I had reused the soil from a previous run where the only amendments were castings, compost tea, myco, and gaia green powerbloom and all purpose.

I am hoping to get it gone if its bad, as I really dont want to waste the plants I have started.

Yes for sure! I was a little bit startled by the mold so didnt get to supporting them yet haha.

1 Like

Next time fill cup just half way , start seed and then when it reaches that hight top up rest of cup wth soil : )

7 Likes

Mould, not a big deal, just let the cups breath a little. Had the same with fresh soil, the plants are growing just fine.

3 Likes