Anyone ever seen this?

So I threw a couple seeds in a cup the other day one has cracked normal first 24 I decided to leave it in the cup another day in hopes the other would crack as well but being it was so small I wasn’t sure it would …then it did a tiny bit and this happened

It’s as if a membrane like material came out and has covered the other seed I thought at first maybe I was seeing things so I pushed the tiny seed with my finger and the membrane is definitely attached to the bigger seed they moved in unison

I’m pretty confused right now please someone explain this I’ve never seen or heard of this before

3 Likes

It happened to me and tossed the seed and water and desinfected the glass, thought it was a sort of algae-pathogen- fungus or something like that icon_e_confused|nullxnull, nothing good in any case. Now I double the dose of peroxide when I plunge seeds … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Did it seem to emerge out of the seed?

1 Like

I can’t remember, it was strange, guess that if it were a 15$ seed i would have put more attention empollon|nullxnull , but as spoiled OGer I just cleaned the glass, put fresh water and dropped more seeds on it … frech|nullxnull

3 Likes

I’m really curious now if it has effected the bigger seed now in any adverse way I think I’m gonna see if I can’t get them both to come up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Better clean thoroughly both with diluted peroxide, one never knows … ejem|nullxnull

3 Likes

Will do thanks for the advice George

1 Like

Haven’t seen it no, but looks like water a liquid mushroom culture starts as… Probs fungus related, add a bit of peroxide as George suggested and swish…

3 Likes

Yeah its fungus get rid of it.
Not good

2 Likes

So do you guys think it came from the inside like it seems or maybe it was something on the outside that took a while to come off?

1 Like

I’ve seen it a number of times… it’s not a big deal, but you might want to replace the water and clean it up a bit. I think it probably tagged along on the shell. I use a little peroxide in the water to disinfect anything.

8 Likes