Anyone using 2 gallon autopots?

It floods the entire tray and hits every pot. The grey liner you see is to combat the green mould I was getting from the lights hitting the solution. It worked excellent

4 Likes

Megacrop is a bastard for sticking “any” valve system. They also don’t play well with full hydroponics. It’s a excellent cannabis nutrient when used in soil though.
If you’ve got the time to check each valve regularly then megacrop is awesome and you’ll grow huge plants.
If not avoid megacrop and use salts.

3 Likes

That aquavalve is upside down just for the pic yes?

What containers are you bottom feeding with?

1 Like

Just got my 4 pot pro in the mail. Im gonna work on setting it up tonight. Im debating about getting a tray for my 5x5 for the pots to sit in just incase a flood happens, but fingers crossed. Im still going to add canna boost midway through end of flower, but will probably add the minimal amount recommended and keep my res well aerated.

3 Likes

I’ve run auto pots for years. I’ve used the 2.2 and the 3.9 gallon pots, both with good success. I just bought and am setting a 5 pot XL Auto pot system, 6.6 gallon pots! I’ll run organic soil and plain water.

2 Likes

Your one of the guys who led me to these, and MC. I’m not sure if i should thank you or pee on your plants. :wink:

Start a journal, i’d like to follow what your up to

2 Likes

Yes buddy upside down
Just usung fabric pots.
Edit.
Autopots are excellent. They grow some huge plants. If you grow using a complete soil and just run plain old water from the rez there shouldn’t be any issues.
Megacrop leaves a residue behind as the plants feed and that clings to the silicone plugs that autoput uses and they stick causing the issues were having.
Salt/liquid based nutrients don’t leave this residue so it stops this from happening. I add Dutch pro Keep It Clean just incase.

My trays never flooded BUT they have stuck shut and stopped flowing and it dried my pots out.

Yes, I plan on a journal, got some GDP started should be a go in a couple days!
And MC… after they had to change sources for their materials, MC just hasn’t been the same. I’d go with Jack’s if I was to run nutes again.

1 Like

I have tried using both masterbend and maxibloom, but had issues with both the salts would fall out of solution around the water line level. Canna a and b with just a little extra magnesium she stays clean as a whistle.

3 Likes

Well here goes nothing. My first attempt at an autopot grow. Here’s to hoping i don’t come home from work one day to find my tent flooded out !!!

2 Likes

Within 2 days my plants in the autopots have just blown up. I was worried they’d be shocked or wilted a bit, but they are so lush and green. Im in love with these things. I purchased the pro kit so next round I’ll add the air domes.
Right now I’m just feeding a mix of Canna a&b and adding epsom salt till i reach a ppm of 800.

1 Like