App developers?

As a developer I can give you some tips on what you can do in the meantime to build it out:

You can use wire framing tools like “Basamiq mockups” to build the flow and features of what you want to see in the app and also have it be “clickable” and “move through” it.

That way you can focus on the features and how they interact and how a user will interact with them. You can leave the programming to a later stage but you can get a LOT of work done just by wire framing.

If you’re not familiar with User Stories, that’s another great way to organize your ideas. User Stories allow you to imagine roles and what those roles want out of the application. Examples of some roles are: Public Non-Registered User, Registered User, Admin, Product Owner, etc. User stories follow the format of “as a [role] I want to be able to do [something]” and from there discussions will start that should be focused on that story. User Stories are a great way to create a list of features, grouped by role, for your application. It also serves as a foundation for testing either manually (human) or automated (scripted) for developer/qa-tester roles

If I could use Overgrow forums as an example to show you User Stories:

As a Public Non-Registered User, I want to be able to read forum posts without having to have an account. (basic user stuff)

As a Admin, I want to be able to moderate and edit posts. (admiin/moderation)

As a Product Owner, I want to see how many users are active on the forums at any given point. (analytics)

2 Likes

So something like all user transactions can only be done with a valid retail receipt. Like to trade, you need a receipt from the dispensary you initially bought the weed…

Edit: only read part of your post, now I’ll read the rest :wink:

Bump. :monkey::hear_no_evil::potato::rofl:

wtf does that mean? it’s a forum. i don’t understand what you mean by it being an app. what would it do differently and why on earth would you want to put any effort into it to make it do something different anyway? explain it to me like i’m 12. i hear people say things like this sometimes. it would be nice to understand but asking is inviting trolls.

Your vision of user-friendly weed trading platform sounds innovative and full of potential.