Are all of the old overgrows files lost?

Convicted of “counselling the production of cannabis”. Argh…

4 Likes

And if anyone is interested here is the growfaqs of overgrow in 2006:

http://www.t-g-c.nl/overgrow/index.htm

11 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks.

2 Likes

Back in the day there was an old picture and I forgot his handle but anyway he had 1 pictures that had tons of likes and was very popular…it was a picture of 1 plant in a corner of a room and in flower and a 1 shop light…my duplication of that picture doesn’t do it justice…but if you were a member back in the old Overgrow days you would’ve saw it…

Does anyone have that picture? Did anyone save it. If you did it would be great to post just for nostalgia…

2 Likes

This one is for my friend @JohnnyPotseed

2 Likes

Thnx cuz, I still prefer, and use, the tute on Bonsai mums by Oldtimer1 from on OG around the late '90s

1 Like

Anyone wants to look at some of OT1 writings check out Cannabase.com.Oldtimer1 archived it and it’s still there.You will have to sift through it but there is hours of grow knowledge there.I’ve been on a rabbit hole on that site and I’m printing out as much as I can and organizing it in a book .Some of thr stuff they talked about 20 years ago they are just playing with now like it’s new knowledge.It’s not guys like OT1 figured it out long before any of us wise guys even thought we knew anything.Hard parts been done go print that knowledge before it’s gone forever

2 Likes

It’s archived here also

lol and I DO have it stored/saved

2 Likes

Bro take a good look…… it’s OT’s posts!

2 Likes

@Baudelaire posted it the other week

1 Like

oh lol ok I see that now
Like i said lol I’ve had that for over 20 yrs now. i couldn’t re-post it on here for some reason or other. It said not supported/too large but I’m tech challenged so don’t know what I coulda done. But it’s of no consequence since others have posted it here.

1 Like

Sorry everyone I didn’t realize this was archived elsewhere or mentioned here before!

3 Likes

That tute was my original reason for coming back to OG lol I only came back here at first to see if OT1 was still around so i could thank him for answering the few questions I had about it from back when he made it. i used it religiously since the late '90s, until I moved here and didn’t need to since I was legal… but still did use to a small degree, and now that I’m going back to a state it’s not legal in, I’ll be using it again lol

I liked what I saw when I came back, after learning OG was back online. I hung around a year visiting threads etc before I ever did anything here. Then my first real move was to pass out some free seeds lol

2 Likes

We’ve got it all incl. photos locally under user @GrowFAQ but unfortunatelly the table of contents is missing, so it’s hard to navigate there (See the category #advanced-techniques:growfaq) … But the topics are returned in full text searches.

I had the idea of turning all FAQs into wikified posts so that they can be brought up to date.

9 Likes

I think that would be an excellent idea! there’s a lot of info by folks that is still useful to this day.

3 Likes

True story! I’ve ended up in the GrowFAQs myself, I believe I was searching to find out the distinction between topping and fimming, and whether there is any distinction once the nodes end up asymmetrical. Still kind of hazy on the answer though, since after reading up I think it’s mostly a matter of semantics and the semantics have changed a lot in 20 years. :stuck_out_tongue: It wouldn’t be a bad thing to get them updated with more current info.

2 Likes

That would mean a lot of work to change the older tutes, etc. I’d think post ‘new/improved’ methods as addendums possibly. To change/update the older tutes would entail a lot of work.

2 Likes

https://www.t-g-c.nl/overgrow/growfaq/428.htm

:blush:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like
3 Likes

I was just blushing at “my, how much time has passed” :v:

:evergreen_tree: