Big Ol' Thread of growing?

There used to be this massive grow guide that people put together over the years at legacy overgrow.

Will we ever have a chance of making such thread again?

10 Likes

Those articles are spread over the #advanced-techniques:growfaq categoryā€¦

We still need to make it more organizedā€¦

6 Likes

Bumpā€¦

@Herbie & I have been discussing thisā€¦kudos to him for reviving the idea.

I think thereā€™s 2 big questions: 1 is GrowFAQ & how-to books in general, relevant anymore?.. & should it be updated?.. & my opinions are I donā€™t know but hope so for some reason, and YES. :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

The biggest thing that helped me when I started growing back in the early 2000ā€™s was the grow guides on overgrow. (and pot.tv)

2 Likes

We should aspire to be the site for the best info and therefor gain more users and spread the seeds. IMO

3 Likes

Was a great help for me, as I once said, we have just to recover the subcategories, once done, it will be easy for us Regulars to move the threads to their corresponding subcategories so everything is classified and easy to search ā€¦ :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely take time, but we could make it the largest grow guide in HISTORY!

(With post vetting of course)

(idk about this idea, but this might work too, something like this.ā€œLayout wiseā€)

1 Like

need a ā€˜workingā€™ version to sandbox and then have someone perhaps LemonadeJoe to approve and move to public branchā€¦kind of like a git repo.

edit-could start with creating a wiki topic in private lounge and labeling it a work in progress?

2 Likes

yeah i think a wiki layout would be easier to manage. im just concerned about it longevity of it on a seperate site.

1 Like

I had envisioned a thorough review & marking-up/notation on the existing material followed by or superceded by a completely new version. Also toyed with the idea of making it PDF-able or available in file form for the people who need it(i.e. bandwidth/connection issues, legality/discreetness).

Perhaps a ā€œdebunking common cannabis cultivation misguidanceā€ is really all thatā€™s needed?

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :ear: eh?

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Perhaps we can just begin tagging the articles with words that later on can be created as subcategories (pests, diseases, cloning, germination, hydroponics, coco, soil, organics ā€¦ ). When finished and all correct just create the approved subcategories, make a search with each tag and move them to the corresponding subcategory, easy does it ā€¦ ejem|nullxnull

2 Likes

The main issue is making sure the information is reputable. There needs to be checks and balances, within reason. People blindingly tagging their post just to ask a question instead of having it as something that should be added to the ā€œlistā€.

Sorry if Iā€™m not making sense, little baked.

3 Likes

Thanks, youā€™re right, even baked :grin:, unless we create new specific tags like FAQsoil, FAQhydro and so. It was just a way to easily do the previous work before creating the FAQ structure that existed before the forum update and move there the corresponding FAQ threads ā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Reputable is a nice word but still not the ā€˜rightā€™ word. We want ā€˜factualā€™ supported by real science. It is okay to post observationā€¦but not to claim it as science.

1 Like

thatā€¦

is a post all in itselfā€¦and might be a good place to startā€¦perhaps with answers that link to the FAQ with the correct information.

2 Likes

2 Likes