So the mites are under control, but the gnats are going crazy again. I'm starting to think my real problem is I don't have enough worms in there. If I had more worms, they would out compete these gnats and mites by eating the decomposing matter. I've only added maybe a couple dozen. I'll grab a bunch from the bin and see how that works.
I started watering 1/2 gallon every other day, but that wasn't quite enough. The lower leaves started drooping, so I'll try 1 gallon every other day. Plants are flowering nicely. My clones are not too happy though. I planted them in plain peat with a tad of perlite. I think it's too acidic for them. I'll try transplanting them to see how they react.